I'm sorry but how is this acceptable?

Shaogin.2679

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Anchoku.8142" said:I put 5 seconds of thought into this so how about..

"Soul Comprehension provides 100 power and 150 condition damage to allies affected by Vampyric Presence. This effect is capped at 3 stacks."

Edit: Here is another option."While in shroud, boon timers for up to 5 allies having Vampyric Presence within a 240 radius expire 20% slower. This effect does not stack."

(It is difficult to fix core Necro PvE without new mechanic. :-/)

I doubt forcing the player to take a major trait in Blood Magic in order to make another trait work is a good idea. We already are stuck with cluncky minion traits that only work if you care to equip some minion utility, I don't think we need something even clunckier.

Personally I'd go with:
  • Unholy sanctuary:
    Carapace grant 20 point of vitality instead of 20 point of toughness. Allies close to you gain carapace whenever you gain carapace.Do they also benefit from deathly strength then? 300 power (~10% more damage) and 600 vitality (6k more HP)... That would be a bit too much.

@KrHome.1920 said:

"Soul Comprehension provides 100 power and 150 condition damage to allies affected by Vampyric Presence. This effect is capped at 3 stacks."

Edit: Here is another option."While in shroud, boon timers for up to 5 allies having Vampyric Presence within a 240 radius expire 20% slower. This effect does not stack."

I doubt forcing the player to take a major trait in Blood Magic in order to make another trait work is a good idea. We already are stuck with cluncky minion traits that only work if you care to equip some minion utility, I don't think we need something even clunckier.

Personally I'd go with:
  • Unholy sanctuary:
    Carapace grant 20 point of vitality instead of 20 point of toughness. Allies close to you gain carapace whenever you gain carapace.Do they also benefit from deathly strength then? 300 power (~10% more damage) and 600 vitality (6k more HP)... That would be a bit too much.

I don't think anything differentiate carapace with and without deathly strength so I guess the answer would be "no".

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Personally I'd go with:
  • Unholy sanctuary:
    Carapace grant 20 point of vitality instead of 20 point of toughness. Allies close to you gain carapace whenever you gain carapace.

i dont like putting just another stat there. they should just do the same, they did to other similar traits, that gave toughness: make it a %dmg reduction.

vitality would be bad: if you have like 400 Health left, and your 20stacks run out, you'd die.

@Nimon.7840 said:

Personally I'd go with:
  • Unholy sanctuary:
    Carapace grant 20 point of vitality instead of 20 point of toughness. Allies close to you gain carapace whenever you gain carapace.

i dont like putting just another stat there. they should just do the same, they did to other similar traits, that gave toughness: make it a %dmg reduction.

vitality would be bad: if you have like 400 Health left, and your 20stacks run out, you'd die.

You know it doesn't work like that. If your 20 stack run out, you'll just end up with the same %age of health that remain. If 400 was 1% of your total health, you'll still end up with 1% remaining.

@"Funky.4861" said:I like it Anchoku, but maybe a little stronk ^^

How about something which copies the traits which buff shroud when entering/exiting to 5 allies, even if it was only half of their values? This wouldn't work with unholy martyr, but no-one takes that in pve anyway. Similarly, unholy sanctuary would only give the health regen. It also wouldn't affect traits which buff shroud skills, only the transform itself.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Death_Shroud

Years ago ArenaNet said they don’t want to add more professions specific enhancement that boost allies damage.

They used to think they are not good for the balance of the game.

Ideas similar to yours have been suggested for over 7 years, but ArenaNet always refused to apply them (initially simply because necromancer was designed to be selfish, if I remember correctly).

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Personally I'd go with:
  • Unholy sanctuary:

You know it doesn't work like that. If your 20 stack run out, you'll just end up with the same %age of health that remain. If 400 was 1% of your total health, you'll still end up with 1% remaining.

Oh, I might have mixed something up. But I still don't like the idea of stat buffs. Especially because some peeps would cry and say that necro is even more tanky than a low health class.

Even though this might end up being very interesting. As more max health means more lifeforce generation.

Not quite sure right now, but it would work as healing right?Even though I think that if you have a weapon set with no vitality on it, and another one with vitality on it, if you weapon swap infight, you won't get that "health boost" basically as healing.So if you have 15k health, and a weapon that would add 100 vitality (=1000health) if you swap to that weapon infight, you will remain at 15k health, just your max health goes up?! (I think that's how it worked when I tested it 2 years ago?)Else this would be extremely exploitable. But since necro's ability to heal itself is pretty poor,...

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Personally I'd go with:
  • Unholy sanctuary:

I like this idea, it's good, because Toughness is a terrible stat anyway, so changing it into any other stat would already be a big step forward! But, I think it's only going to improve the Scourge here, making it even more desirable for struggling teams, still not META material, though. The ONLY way this would instantly make it META, is when the Deadly Strength power component would affect the allies as well ...

@Agrippa Oculus.3726 said:

Personally I'd go with:
  • Unholy sanctuary:

I like this idea, it's good, because Toughness is a terrible stat anyway, so changing it into
any
other stat would already be a big step forward!
But
, I think it's only going to improve the Scourge here, making it even more desirable for struggling teams, still not META material, though. The ONLY way this would instantly make it META, is when the
power component would affect the allies as well ...

How do you think that this would improve the carry scourge?

@Dadnir.5038 said:Personally I'd go with:

• Unholy sanctuary: Carapace grant 20 point of vitality instead of 20 point of toughness. Allies close to you gain carapace whenever you gain carapace.

And how would that help dps necro builds? When you pick players for dps slots, you pick them primarily according to how the group dps can benefit from taking them. So, according to personal dps, and group/squadwide offensive boons. A bit more vitality, even for whole group, doesn't mean much if you have to sacrifice dps for that.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Personally I'd go with:
  • Unholy sanctuary:

And how would that help dps necro builds? When you pick players for dps slots, you pick them primarily according to how the group dps can benefit from taking them. So, according to personal dps, and group/squadwide
offensive
boons. A bit more vitality, even for whole group, doesn't mean much if you have to sacrifice dps for that.

Well, truth be told, taken in the context of the post to which I was answering, The proposition was more to set an example of trait that would fit within the necromancer's traitline than a solution to the lack of DPS. The point is that carapace is baseline if you take DM and I speciafically make use of a DM trait to add support. The post to which I was answering was proposing a minor trait in DM which would have required to take a major trait in BM to have any effect.

@Black Storm.6974 said:

Years ago ArenaNet said they don’t want to add more professions specific enhancement that boost allies damage.

Ideas similar to yours have been suggested for over 7 years, but ArenaNet always refused to apply them (initially simply because necromancer was designed to be selfish, if I remember correctly).

I'm not sure if this is still the case, as base rev has assassins' presence (they even buffed warrior to have soldiers focus). If a class is to be desirable in endgame content, it needs to excel at something that that content needs, be it heals, buffs or damage. If a class has none of those, or is sub-optimal compared to another class, why should it be carried through that content? This, in a nutshell, is the necro problem in endgame pve.

@Nimon.7840 said:

Personally I'd go with:
  • Unholy sanctuary:

I like this idea, it's good, because Toughness is a terrible stat anyway, so changing it into
any
other stat would already be a big step forward!
But
, I think it's only going to improve the Scourge here, making it even more desirable for struggling teams, still not META material, though. The ONLY way this would instantly make it META, is when the
power component would affect the allies as well ...

How do you think that this would improve the carry scourge?

Well, it would not help the Reaper (or core necro for that matter) which is only taken for DPS (if taken at all, these days). And like @Astralporing.1957 was already saying, you're not lowering your dps in order to get some party-wide vitality. It would make them only worse. Carry Scourge could swap Soul Reaping for Death Magic, Which would make it even more defensive ... Still never going to be optimal/meta though: as we all know, best defence (literally skipping mechanics and such) is offence in GW2's endgame

@Funky.4861 said:

I'm not sure if this is still the case, as base rev has assassins' presence (they even buffed warrior to have soldiers focus). If a class is to be desirable in endgame content, it needs to excel at something that that content needs, be it heals, buffs or damage. If a class has none of those, or is sub-optimal compared to another class, why should it be carried through that content? This, in a nutshell, is the necro problem in endgame pve.

If I’m not wrong they said “that” after the release of HoT, so after Revenant was released. The warrior buff is a buff to a class that was already increasing allies DPS by a lot, so maybe that don’t increase “profession exclusion”.

Probably they don’t want to give that kind of thing (neither “competitive DPS) to every class, for design reasons, and to contain “class exclusion” they want to limit the number of classes that can share these kind of buffs. For the same reason we have Banners sharing their buffs to 10 allies (to “free” a spot for another profession).

Anyway, I’d appreciate the possibility to boost allies DPS with my necromancer, as long as that would not be tied to Scourge (or any other Elite Specialization, since different people have different preferences).

Assuming that what I described is still their reason for not giving to necromancer what you want it to have, to “unlock” the situation you could have to convince them to change their mind about that. People tried to do that and “failed” for over seven years.

Long story short: necro has a lot of support, that no experienced group needs. This underlines the image of necro being the beginner spec for pve content, which you drop for other classes the moment your team becomes better.

The most simple thing anet could change based on what already exists is the damage of the two leeching traits in blood magic to an amount that the whole group deals a noticeable (at least 10%) amount of additional damage.

@"KrHome.1920" said:Long story short: necro has a lot of support, that no experienced group needs. This underlines the image of necro being the beginner spec for pve content, which you drop for other classes the moment your team becomes better.

The most simple thing anet could change based on what already exists is the damage of the two leeching traits in blood magic to an amount that the whole group deals a noticeable (at least 10%) amount of additional damage.

Like you said, the necromancer have a lot of support that no experienced group need. I don't think the solution to the puzzle is to add those 10% amount of damage onto the BM leeching traits. The only way for those traits to fairly add an amount of damage that's worth looking for would be to unable them to critically hit and I think it's clear that ANet don't want leeching effects to do critical hits.

Support wise, I think the scourge would be in a better spot with experienced groups if he was able to share sand sage effects. As for core and reaper, the "support" issue is probably more tied to the fact that conditions, boon convertion and condition manipulation aren't as effective in PvE as it is in PvP due to PvE design (mob stats/boons/behavior, defiance and encounter design).

It's difficult to find a satisfying solution for core and reaper outside of improving their personal ability to deal damage within an experienced group. And to ensure fairness, that would mean to sacrifice solo damage and self reliance to increase group synergy and damage potential.

Op, I switched from a viper socurge to marauder reaper and the difference is huge. Its crazy OP. Dont dare to say poor necromancers. Benchmarks mean nothing. Turn on the DPSmeter in a dungeon and see how OP the reaper is clearing mobs as if they were paper. Its DPS is even unfair for the low effort it requires, its one of the easy classes.

@"frareanselm.1925" said:Op, I switched from a viper socurge to marauder reaper and the difference is huge. Its crazy OP. Dont dare to say poor necromancers. Benchmarks mean nothing. Turn on the DPSmeter in a dungeon and see how OP the reaper is clearing mobs as if they were paper. Its DPS is even unfair for the low effort it requires, its one of the easy classes.

You know, if you care to change an ele build to a sub optimal build that's as easy as the most optimal necromancer's builds, you'd may even have more dps than the necromancer. All professions are "easy" if you don't try to min-max things the necromancer just lack the ability to min-max, which is why this thread (and all other threads on this subject) exist.

I believe that the simplest solution is always the best, so all we need to do is give necromancers more damage modifiers. I also believe that necromancer is the only profession whose damage modifiers only affect power damage exclusively (so condition necromancers effectively only have 1 condition damage trait line), so I'll slap some of those into Soul Reaping.

• Siphoned Power: Gain might when you strike a foe below the health threshold (50%). Applying might to yourself grant you increased damage (3% in PvE, 1% in PvP/WvW) for a duration (10s), stacking up to three times.
  • Soul Barbs: Deal increased damage and condition damage while in Shroud (10% in PvE, 5% in PvP/WvW). This effect persists for a duration after leaving Shroud (10s).
  • Soul Battery: Maximum life force is increased (20%). Do more damage and condition damage ( 7% PvE, 3% in PvP/WvW,) while above the Life Force threshold (50%).
  • Demonic Lore: Torment you inflict deals increased damage (33%) and causes your foes to burn (1 stack for 3 seconds in PvE, 1 stack for 1 second in PvP/WvW). This trait can only inflict burning on a particular target once every second (3 seconds in PvP/WvW).
  • Lich Form: reduced the cooldown of this skill to 90s in PvE only.

And for flavor:

• Soul Eater: Striking foes within the range threshold (300) deals increased damage (10%). Periodically gain life force while wielding a greatsword (0.5% LF every second).
  • Decimate Defenses: Gain bonus critical-hit chance while attacking vulnerable foes (1% per stack). Do more damage to vulnerable foes (10%).

With those changes both Reaper and Scourge should be doing around 34k DPS. Necromancer's PvE damage problems are now solved until the servers shut down. Devs hate him! Random forum poster have discovered a revolutionary way to make necromancer DPS competitive!

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"frareanselm.1925" said:Op, I switched from a viper socurge to marauder reaper and the difference is huge. Its crazy OP. Dont dare to say poor necromancers. Benchmarks mean nothing. Turn on the DPSmeter in a dungeon and see how OP the reaper is clearing mobs as if they were paper. Its DPS is even unfair for the low effort it requires, its one of the easy classes.

You know, if you care to change an ele build to a sub optimal build that's as easy as the most optimal necromancer's builds, you'd may even have more dps than the necromancer. All professions are "easy" if you don't try to min-max things the necromancer just lack the ability to min-max, which is why this thread (and all other threads on this subject) exist.

Necro and warrior are the most newbie friendly classes due its simplicity, the dps is high but not optimal I understand your point. Do yo want to play piano with the necro?By its nature I cannot imagine this class with combos and complex rotations to maximize dps, its based on wells, minions, corruptions... meant to be easy

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@frareanselm.1925 said:Op, I switched from a viper socurge to marauder reaper and the difference is huge. Its crazy OP. Dont dare to say poor necromancers. Benchmarks mean nothing. Turn on the DPSmeter in a dungeon and see how OP the reaper is clearing mobs as if they were paper. Its DPS is even unfair for the low effort it requires, its one of the easy classes.

Necro and warrior are the most newbie friendly classes due its simplicity, the dps is high but not optimal I understand your point. Do yo want to play piano with the necro?By its nature I cannot imagine this class with combos and complex rotations to maximize dps, its based on wells, minions, corruptions... meant to be easy

Yeah nice try, but I've played, Engineer, Ranger, Guardian, and Mesmer dps builds. They are just as easy to play but with significantly better results.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@frareanselm.1925 said:Op, I switched from a viper socurge to marauder reaper and the difference is huge. Its crazy OP. Dont dare to say poor necromancers. Benchmarks mean nothing. Turn on the DPSmeter in a dungeon and see how OP the reaper is clearing mobs as if they were paper. Its DPS is even unfair for the low effort it requires, its one of the easy classes.

Necro and warrior are the most newbie friendly classes due its simplicity, the dps is high but not optimal I understand your point. Do yo want to play piano with the necro?By its nature I cannot imagine this class with combos and complex rotations to maximize dps, its based on wells, minions, corruptions... meant to be easyThey are not beginner friendly because of the complexity of other classes (which are not more complex) but because of the high health pool and damage mitigation mechanics of warrior and necro. You can usually absorb one more hit with these two classes than with other classes which makes a huge difference for someone that doesn't see the big boss hit coming.

Try a staff thief that does 95% of its dps with 3 skills but outperformas reaper by 20%. Then we can continue talking about complexity. ;)

Now the problem is that the other classes have the option to drop 20% of dps for the same sustain that necro has to be on par damage and sustain wise (just equip marauder gear and one defensive utility). Necro does not have the option to trade sustain for competitive dps.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:You know, if you care to change an ele build to a sub optimal build that's as easy as the most optimal necromancer's builds, you'd may even have more dps than the necromancer. All professions are "easy" if you don't try to min-max things the necromancer just lack the ability to min-max, which is why this thread (and all other threads on this subject) exist.

You know, in term of "skill", the necromancer have 3 weapon skillsets while the elementalist have 4 weapon skillsets and usually barely use 2 to 3 of them (fire, air and somethime one of ther other 2). The "piano" argument isn't really convincing or maybe it is for players that want to delude themselve.

If an elementalist can have "complex" rotations by using 3 weapon skillsets why shouldn't it be a possibility for a necromancer? Like I said, by using suboptimal build and thus safer/easier rotations, the elementalist easily achieve the same level of survivability than a necromancer and can even top him in term of DPS. The point being that players' mentality is such that they would rather dig out their own eyes than use a suboptimal build.

You can ignore the "dps potential race" as much as you want, it does exist and it's a known fact that the necromancer is at the bottom. You can think highly of the complexity of the elementalist's rotations but, objectively, they don't rotate through more skillsets than the necromancer.

I play All profession without exception since release and, while I struggle with some (engineer and revenant) due to personal incompatibility with their gameplay, I can say without a doubt that there is no such thing as an "easier" profession. There are builds that are easier to play than other, sure, but professions are all equally easy to play.

Meta dps weaver uses the air and fire attunements exclusively and spams the according damage skills simply off cooldown. Every 180s it uses FGS and spams this as well. That's basically two weapon sets and one third weapon set every 3 minutes.

That's less complex than reaper which has to switch between shroud, axe and GS constantly while managing the life force pool without losing too much dps.

Holosmith is a bit fiddly with holomode and its kits but only if you are new to it and not used to the "utility slot kits replace weapons" mechanic.

@KrHome.1920 said:

Necro and warrior are the most newbie friendly classes due its simplicity, the dps is high but not optimal I understand your point. Do yo want to play piano with the necro?By its nature I cannot imagine this class with combos and complex rotations to maximize dps, its based on wells, minions, corruptions... meant to be easyThey are not beginner friendly because of the complexity of other classes (which are not more complex) but because of the high health pool and damage mitigation mechanics of warrior and necro. You can usually absorb one more hit with these two classes than with other classes which makes a huge difference for someone that doesn't see the big boss hit coming.

Try a staff thief that does 95% of its dps with 3 skills but outperformas reaper by 20%. Then we can continue talking about complexity. ;)

Now the problem is that the other classes have the option to drop 20% of dps for the same sustain that necro has to be on par damage and sustain wise (just equip marauder gear and one defensive utility). Necro does not have the option to trade sustain for competitive dps.

Are you talking about single target? Because y refer to global DPS done in a dungeon/fractal/raid including mobs, silvers and champs.As I said in terms of global damage and clearing packs of mobs Reaper in one of the kings, I dont understand what maximization you want. And If what you want is to be the king of single target small hitbox, simply this class was never created for that.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

Are you talking about single target? Because y refer to global DPS done in a dungeon/fractal/raid including mobs, silvers and champs.As I said in terms of global damage and clearing packs of mobs Reaper in one of the kings, I dont understand what maximization you want. And If what you want is to be the king of single target small hitbox, simply this class was never created for that.

Except that classes like Holo and dragonhunter have more burst dps while having the same amount of cleave. So more dps on same number of targets = even more damage, than on a single target.Plus especially guards have a lower cool down on those ae abilities.

Ever seen a Holo on sabetha? It'll easily do more global damage than a condo scourge with epidemic, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Nice try boy. The points you made don't really work.Also what do you think needs more dmg to beat. Some trash mobs.in dungeons and fractals or the bosses?In most cases the bosses have much more health than trash mobs combined I think.

People here don't want to be king. We just want comparable dps.We could also say that by design, firebrand is a supporter that can do burn damage, yet it's one of the best builds to play right now (dmg wise).I'm sorry but this makes absolutely no sense.