Omg the Demodog skin!

@"anninke.7469" said:I just hope this isn't a case of "See, here you have a sylvari/plant themed skin. And now we're done with that."

Me too. I've supported the idea every time I've seen it, but I was hoping for something more like a fern hound which could be dyed to look like a mordrem, or a nightmare hound or whatever else the player wanted to do with it. This is close but with the undyable skull it's no good at all for any of the things I wanted to do with a plant jackal.

So while I think it's a step in the right direction I'm still hoping we get an actual sylvari or plant themed jackal, or even better an entire mount pack, eventually.

@Hoover.6394 said:it's 1600 gem skin, maybe that's why it's slightly cheaper

I recall other 2000 gem mounts cost less when they first appeared. Then they go up to the regular price. It's like a limited time new item discount. (I think)

Like, they could have just added a new sound to the animation. Something. Compared to the Shrine Guardian and Primal Spirit it was a few steps backwards. I don't think they should keep upping the effects & trying to outdo it every time (I found effects from the Primal Spirit and Infernal Horror a bit much sometimes) -- but aside from being able to dye the effects, it looks and sounds more like the regular mounts. I half wondered if it was a bug.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"anninke.7469" said:I just hope this isn't a case of "See, here you have a sylvari/plant themed skin. And now we're done with that."

Me too. I've supported the idea every time I've seen it, but I was hoping for something more like a fern hound which could be dyed to look like a mordrem, or a nightmare hound or whatever else the player wanted to do with it. This is close but with the undyable skull it's no good at all for any of the things I wanted to do with a plant jackal.

So while I think it's a step in the right direction I'm still hoping we get an actual sylvari or plant themed jackal, or even better an entire mount pack, eventually.

Me three. I hope it's in the works, and that the sales from this mount speed that along. Hopefully it's selling ok, despite some people saying it's not their cup of tea. It was an immediate 'take my money!' from me. As much as I didn't need another jackel skin and don't need another mount set... yet, still... I can haz planty mount set plez?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Hoover.6394" said:I’m so happy to see this new jackal skin, I think all Stranger Things Fans will enjoy this Demodog (Mordrem Alpha Jackal) skin!

Well, we have encountered these creatures before - they are not new in this game:

Calling them Alpha always seemed weird to me, since they are dead corrupted wild wolves, and „Alphas“ don‘t actually exist in normal wolf packs.

Nonetheless, the skin is pretty good.

@"miraude.2107" said:YAY FINALLY MORDREM SKINS!!!

Now just give me a boneskinner jackal skin (seriously missed opportunity right there) and my life would be daisies and rainbows.

I like that idea, but I think it should be given to the Warclaw instead. It would fit perfectly with the Warclaw's outstretched style of pouncing, and it would further fit in nicely with the Boneskinner's lore of "devouring" fallen foes.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:kinda lazy in my book, not original nor a new model, they could just as much add the other tons of models that ppl have asked for.

It actually is a new model. Or at least a redesigned model. Though the head, tails, and legs are the same the body, especially around the stomach area, is completely changed - had to be done so that a player model can sit on it.

It's also a clever way to create skins that retroactively fit in the world, similar to the Exalted skins.

Besides, players have been wanting things like Sylvan Hound, Mordrem Mount, and Mistfire Wolf skins for their own mounts. This is a step towards that idea.

i would actually rather see the sylvan hound, that one has bin asked for a bit longer than this monstrosity.