Please enhance the character block feature.

Simply there are players that enjoy being obnoxious. There is one particular player that enjoys parking him/her-self next to a crafting station (at a particular gem-store bought pass location) and play their music instrument non-stop for hours. They dont move or do anything. I believe this was the same player that a few weeks ago was standing in the exact same place, spamming a noisy AOE ability over and over and over again, definitely macro run.

Technically there is nothing in the rules that prohibit what he is doing and he has stated so despite reports. However, there is no reason why I have to be subject to his abuse of a loophole.

So my request is this: when blocking a player, please mute their music/sound effects from us as well if at all possible.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. This is a large forum.

@GummyBearSummoner.7941 said:I believe there’s a option setting to mute other player instruments & minis noises like the Super adventure box ones

The problem with that feature is that I don't want to mute all players. Most players use their instruments to play nice music and it's always fun / interesting hearing someone play and then checking out where the music comes from. I only want to block the players who abuse their instruments.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

@GummyBearSummoner.7941 said:I believe there’s a option setting to mute other player instruments & minis noises like the Super adventure box ones

The problem with that feature is that I don't want to mute all players. Most players use their instruments to play nice music and it's always fun / interesting hearing someone play and then checking out where the music comes from. I only want to block the players who abuse their instruments.

I guess I would ask: where do we stop? I want to block that players polyluminescent infusion but not that ones?

And I want to be able to block the pink ones, but hey those blue ones are cool?

While we are at it, how about legendary effects: I want the Meteorologicus one, but incinerator drives me crazy..?

I am being somewhat facetious, but the ability to block their music exists.

Wiping them from the game (in a manner of speaking) doesn’t seem like a practical option.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

@"GummyBearSummoner.7941" said:I believe there’s a option setting to mute other player instruments & minis noises like the Super adventure box ones

That is very true. In fact I was thinking of putting in a "Donations Cup" suggestion. Ive heard some really good music players and have given then gold for their efforts. Having a donation cup they can place on the ground would be interesting.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"GummyBearSummoner.7941" said:I believe there’s a option setting to mute other player instruments & minis noises like the Super adventure box ones

I guess I would ask: where do we stop? I want to block that players polyluminescent infusion but not that ones?

While we are at it, how about legendary effects: I want the Meteorologicus one, but incinerator drives me crazy..?

Wiping them from the game (in a manner of speaking) doesn’t seem like a practical option.

I think you ran with this a bit far. This is simply about players that abuse certain features of the game to annoy others. Infusions are not an abuse nor do I see how it can be abused. If you ran the incinerator effect non-stop for a few hours while stationary at a crowded point, well then yes.....that is abuse, and quite frankly "botting" as I'm sure the player is not at the keyboard spamming the same key for a few hours.

@WolfOwl.3968 said:

@Lyttle.9426 said:Infusions are not an abuse nor do I see how it can be abused.

Clearly you've never been next to someone who had so many stacked they were basically just a glowing eyesore, and they stood in front of the AH or other spot just to blind everyone there

No I havent. Id like to see a screen shot of one. I didn't know infusions were additive. I thought you could only have one on at a time.

What the person is doing is considered harassment and is reportable. In your report, post screenshots and time/duration /days you were in the area and this person was still at it, as well as the characters name. Explain exactly what is happening.In the meantime you can mute music instruments in your control panel . Devs may not get back to you with regards to any action they took however.

@Lyttle.9426 said:

I think you ran with this a bit far. This is simply about players that abuse certain features of the game to annoy others. Infusions are not an abuse nor do I see how it can be abused. If you ran the incinerator effect non-stop for a few hours while stationary at a crowded point, well then yes.....that is abuse, and quite frankly "botting" as I'm sure the player is not at the keyboard spamming the same key for a few hours.

I acknowledged I went too far.

But your post illustrates what should be done: report. And under ‘botting’.

@Lyttle.9426 said:

@Lyttle.9426 said:Infusions are not an abuse nor do I see how it can be abused.

Clearly you've never been next to someone who had so many stacked they were basically just a glowing eyesore, and they stood in front of the AH or other spot just to blind everyone there

No I havent. Id like to see a screen shot of one. I didn't know infusions were additive. I thought you could only have one on at a time.

Ask and you shall recieve

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If everyone on Blocked list was named [blocked], it might be difficult to report them.

Should there be a reason to report blocked accounts? A good practise is to report someone, block and move on. The blocking option is used to get someone that annoys you to stop annoying you. If this option is effective, I fail to see a reason to report more then once.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If everyone on Blocked list was named [blocked], it might be difficult to report them.

Should there be a reason to report blocked accounts? A good practise is to report someone, block and move on. The blocking option is used to get someone that annoys you to stop annoying you. If this option is effective, I fail to see a reason to report more then once.

Well, I've seen posts about blocked players repeatedly joining LFG groups and causing some kind of mischief, so....

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Well, I've seen posts about blocked players repeatedly joining LFG groups and causing some kind of mischief, so....

True, but the OP is asking to enhance the block so it really function as a barrier between you and the other despite the fact wether someone broke rules or not. I prefer that above the need to report more then once cause one keeps getting annoyed over and over.