SOULBOUNDED

I have a LvL 80 Ranger, Rev, Ele and working on a Warrior. Today i got 5 pieces of Berserker Heavy that is useless to my Range but my Ele could definetly utilize. One problem though amongst many. Now i do understand your definition of "Soulbound". Heres where the issue lies; wasted Inventory space, wasted bank space and no option to sale or gift to a (Shared Account, ei. character). The only option is to destroy an Exotic set with Power, Precision and Ferocity stats. Which is heart-breaking even saying it. Would it suffice to be able to give said gear between applicable characters ? It would make sense since exploration will yield such circumstances. More often than none it is a slap in the face after a Meta and you get gear thats soulbinded to a character who cant use it nor sell it. Its painful. Especially when you are grinding multiple characters. A few suggestions are- do away with your character picking up gear for another which would make that grind for that particular character all more worth it, do away with soulbound which again would be a plus for grinding multiple characters or be able to sell it which in turn will give some type of yield for the effort and raise incentive to the replay value. Instead of losing all the way around the board when time and money are invested in your studio. Anything other than destroy it would be a huge plus for players who grind multiple characters. Needless to say, for those grinding multiple characters, GW2 holds a special place in out hearts sosound consideration would be very appreciated. Thank you

I am saying this since GW2 was released.

ANYTHING bound to something is just an artificial aid to any games which have no clue how to properly balance player <-> player economy. In other AAA-grade MMO games which knows how to balance and have thoroughly thought economy, no "bound" exists at all.

@"Faenar.8036" said:I am saying this since GW2 was released.

ANYTHING bound to something is just an artificial aid to any games which have no clue how to properly balance player <-> player economy. In other AAA-grade MMO games which knows how to balance and have thoroughly thought economy, no "bound" exists at all.

Yes, you are also fondly omitting the fact that NO other AAA-grade MMORPG has this easy access to max and near max level gear, as well as never increasing the gear cap.

Sorry but if you are comparing the gear in this game with any other MMORPG, you have to also take into account that other games devalue and make obsolete the gear on a regular basis.

A full exotic berserker armor set for level 80 costs around 10-12 gold (if you buy the named exotics). That is equal to 5-6 dailies which in turn take minutes to complete.

Not even going to get into the aspect of how no cycling of gear and items would impact the economy. You think material prices are low now? Take a guess where they would be if demand dropped even more compared to supply.

Finally, TC is obviously a new player who is trying to gear multiple characters at the same time. If we go by his forum activity, he is not even 1 month in this game. If you can gear multiple characters within less than a month in a game, which you actually can easily in GW2, gearing might actually be a bit to fast.

@"VelvetJelly.2896" said:I have a LvL 80 Ranger, Rev, Ele and working on a Warrior. Today i got 5 pieces of Berserker Heavy that is useless to my Range but my Ele could definetly utilize. One problem though amongst many. Now i do understand your definition of "Soulbound". Heres where the issue lies; wasted Inventory space, wasted bank space and no option to sale or gift to a (Shared Account, ei. character). The only option is to destroy an Exotic set with Power, Precision and Ferocity stats. Which is heart-breaking even saying it. Would it suffice to be able to give said gear between applicable characters ? It would make sense since exploration will yield such circumstances. More often than none it is a slap in the face after a Meta and you get gear thats soulbinded to a character who cant use it nor sell it. Its painful. Especially when you are grinding multiple characters. A few suggestions are- do away with your character picking up gear for another which would make that grind for that particular character all more worth it, do away with soulbound which again would be a plus for grinding multiple characters or be able to sell it which in turn will give some type of yield for the effort and raise incentive to the replay value. Instead of losing all the way around the board when time and money are invested in your studio. Anything other than destroy it would be a huge plus for players who grind multiple characters. Needless to say, for those grinding multiple characters, GW2 holds a special place in out hearts sosound consideration would be very appreciated. Thank you

Not sure I understand. How can your Ele use Berserker Heavy armor?

Also, items are only Soulbound when equipped. So, if you got a set of Heavy armor, they are not soulbound to any of the characters on the account until they are equipped (Guardian, Rev, or Warrior).

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@VelvetJelly.2896 said:More often than none it is a slap in the face after a Meta and you get gear thats soulbinded to a character who cant use it nor sell it.

Don't they usually only get soulbound after they have been equipped?

Yeah, I don't know of any gear that drops from any meta that is soulbound when you acquire it.

What meta and what gear?

Also, Ascended and Legendary armor are account bound, just the way OP wants.

Exotics are kinda easy to craft/buy. Ascended takes some effort (if you don't do fractals/raids/etc), but it is worth it.

And, as people mentioned, each profession has a set of armor type they can wear.Ascended armor is account bound, but has an armor type. Even if you have an ascended heavy armor, your elementalist can't use it, since eles wear light armor.

Other than that, have fun with the game o/

Thanks for the feed back you all. I ended up salvaging it. But yes @PIfil.5193 When expIoring Tyria and not buying your way through the game you pick up gear that your character cannot use. I have gear across all my characters from rare to exotic that ive had to sell or salvage bc that character couldnt use it. Picked up and exotic great bow today with my revenant which it cant use. Got 2 shields for my Rev yesterday playing with my ranger. Figure that part out! I tried my shared storage to see if i can give it to the appropiate character aaaaannnnnnd nope! But thanks anyway. The feedback was much appreciated

@"hgkmaxymus.9321" said:Also, Ascended and Legendary armor are account bound, just the way OP wants.

Exotics are kinda easy to craft/buy. Ascended takes some effort (if you don't do fractals/raids/etc), but it is worth it.

And, as people mentioned, each profession has a set of armor type they can wear.Ascended armor is account bound, but has an armor type. Even if you have an ascended heavy armor, your elementalist can't use it, since eles wear light armor.

Other than that, have fun with the game o/

Correction i meant my revenant. I figured people would piece it together like, "oh this what he meant" but i see being literal is a must in todays world. no thinking for themselves, but thats besides the point. Thank you for the info fam. but yeah ive been playing for 2 years give a take. ijust started saying something bc i figured a lot wouldve changed by now. not to mention being hopeful that it wouldve been changed when Patrick and Jeff left. being that they were pvp focused and its clear that this dev team and Mike is shying away from that.

@Linken.6345 said:Are you right clicking and unlocking the skins that make them soulbound, very few skins are soulbound on drop.

There are rare exceptions to the rule, I think I have got some soulbound items from wvw chests.

I always do. its force of habit bc most are tied to achievements. Soulbound from WvW is inevitable. I havent got loot yet that was to die for, for the character i was playing with. Fam ive gotten rare gear in WvW! lmfao! Had me cursing the GW gods like are you shitting me! and we not even going to get into Drizzlewood. That piece of shit drop table.

@VelvetJelly.2896 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Are you right clicking and unlocking the skins that make them soulbound, very few skins are soulbound on drop.

There are rare exceptions to the rule, I think I have got some soulbound items from wvw chests.

I always do. its force of habit bc most are tied to achievements. Soulbound from WvW is inevitable. I havent got loot yet that was to die for, for the character i was playing with. Fam ive gotten rare gear in WvW! lmfao! Had me cursing the GW gods like are you kitten me! and we not even going to get into Drizzlewood. That piece of kitten drop table.But ive never had that happen bc it unlocks across all accounts.

@VelvetJelly.2896 said:

I always do. its force of habit bc most are tied to achievements. Soulbound from WvW is inevitable. I havent got loot yet that was to die for, for the character i was playing with. Fam ive gotten rare gear in WvW! lmfao! Had me cursing the GW gods like are you kitten me! and we not even going to get into Drizzlewood. That piece of kitten drop table.

I always do. its force of habit bc most are tied to achievements. Soulbound from WvW is inevitable. I havent got loot yet that was to die for, for the character i was playing with. Fam ive gotten rare gear in WvW! lmfao! Had me cursing the GW gods like are you kitten me! and we not even going to get into Drizzlewood. That piece of kitten drop table.

and im not reffering to skins. never like Fortnite. lol

what AAA mmo doesnt have soulbound gear? name one? i havent seen one in over 15 years of mmo experienceAFAIK, soulbound is in EVERY mmo, certainly the big ones

@battledrone.8315 said:

what AAA mmo doesnt have soulbound gear? name one? i havent seen one in over 15 years of mmo experienceAFAIK, soulbound is in EVERY mmo, certainly the big ones

Only thing I can think of is Albion online but not sure people classify that as a AAA mmo

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:Doesn't right click > unlock skin just account bind an item, though, rather than soulbinding it? It should, since the point is to prevent multiple players unlocking the same skin from one item. It's a while since I did it though, so maybe I'm misremembering...

Yes it does.

I thought that the only way you can actually soulbind gear is by equipping it.

The only soulbound on acquire gear you get is from karma or other vendors or level up rewards (your character can use those of course). All other rare or exotic drops that I've had were soulbound on equip apart from those PoF trinkets that casualkenny mentioned.

@"VelvetJelly.2896" said:More often than none it is a slap in the face after a Meta and you get gear thats soulbinded to a character who cant use it nor sell it. Its painful.

There is no gear that is soulbound on acquire, you must either unlock the skin by right clicking on and selecting "unlock skin" or equip it. So the only way to get this "issue" of yours is to unlock the skins you get from a meta event. The solution is very simple: move the items to the character you want before unlocking the skin. That way your problem with getting soulbound gear from a meta will be solved. You will reach the point where all the common skins will be unlocked anyway and this "issue" will go away.