Pinnacle weapon skins

You get 15k for free from daily's if you have played since launch. Then it's basically are you the type to just play or to also focus on grabbing achieves. That meand you finish the meta for every festival and knock out most achieves at each story release. Play all the various contents in the game or avoid pvp wvw raids strikes etc and then go but I want that skin. You can't casually play I guess and get the skins that are down the line. I think top player is at 43kish and they do the crazy grind/gold needed stuff to get there plus all pvp and wvw and eotm which needs 1000's of hours I bet.

@mes.4607 said:

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:29k ap is not that high.

I mean, I guess we have to define what 'high' is. I'm sure GW2 efficiency or something probably gives the average / mean AP. I'd also like to know what % of the population has 29k+ AP.

Does anyone know these values?

I have just over 29k and I'm in the top 10% of the EU population. So yeah most people have much lower than 29k AP.https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/achievements

That'll be a combination of the population prob not caring because there is so little value in them and Anet long since not caring about them either to encourage progress in it

edit: Plus inclusive of players who don't play anymore

@Randulf.7614 said:

@mes.4607 said:

I mean, I guess we have to define what 'high' is. I'm sure GW2 efficiency or something probably gives the average / mean AP. I'd also like to know what % of the population has 29k+ AP.

I have just over 29k and I'm in the top 10% of the EU population. So yeah most people have much lower than 29k AP.

That'll be a combination of the population prob not caring because there is so little value in them and Anet long since not caring about them either to encourage progress in it

Thank you. This reinforces my post. I feel like AP rewards currently have a very steep cost..

I took a massive haitus just 2-3 months after launch because my PC back then was overheating and a lot of things happened in my personal life, came back to the game about 6 months before HoT launch, which meant I missed out on all the LWS1 achieves, and a lot of other legacy achieves, rather than grinding for gold i.e. SW, I invested a lot of down time between stories doing achieves, currently sitting on 34,441 / 43,643 AP; and on the way obviously burnt through tons of gold, like the gen1 legendary precusors

n01cSv4.png

some of them I can never imagine I would ever achieve, and will never ever attempt, like Indomitable Legend 5 AP, also EoTM and activities ones where you need over 1k tickers when the map is dead

@Fenom.9457 said:That's kind of the point, and as time goes on that point becomes much more attainable. Also, I've only been playing 5 years and I have 22K. Have you been trying to gain AP, OP?

I don't make it a full time job. I'm a casual player (target of the game?). I didn't think 20k was bad after 7 years of play. Could I have gotten more? For sure... but 29k AP to start the pinnacle weapon collection seems high

@mes.4607 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:That's kind of the point, and as time goes on that point becomes much more attainable. Also, I've only been playing 5 years and I have 22K. Have you been
trying
to gain AP, OP?

I don't make it a full time job. I'm a casual player (target of the game?). I didn't think 20k was bad after 7 years of play. Could I have gotten more? For sure... but 29k AP to start the pinnacle weapon collection seems high

Yeah not bad at all, but full time achievement hunters have far surpassed 29, so it's definitely possible. Also there's the zenith set, it's not like you get nothing until 29. Pinnacle is meant to be highly prestigious. It'll take me years more to hit 30, but I like that you have to get that far to finish a hellfire/radiant set, as once I have it it'll be something really cool I have

@Fenom.9457 said:

@mes.4607 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:That's kind of the point, and as time goes on that point becomes much more attainable. Also, I've only been playing 5 years and I have 22K. Have you been
trying
to gain AP, OP?

Yeah not bad at all, but full time achievement hunters have far surpassed 29, so it's definitely possible. Also there's the zenith set, it's not like you get nothing until 29. Pinnacle is meant to be highly prestigious. It'll take me years more to hit 30, but I like that you have to get that far to finish a hellfire/radiant set, as once I have it it'll be something really cool I have

I find hellfire and radiant armor to be rather lackluster for the amount of time they take. To each their own. I just feel the current AP item progression is pretty meh all things considered

@mes.4607 said:

The best source for AP comparison is the official leaderboard, not gw2efficiency. If you have LOTS of friends or are in guilds with lots of players (no need for them to be active) you can find all the AP comparisons you ever want.

Go here: https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/achievements/Filter with Friends or Guilds and check out the percentages. When it changes from one number to another, record the AP it requires for the change. For example on my friendlist, I have someone at 30% with 51 AP and someone with 118 AP at 40%, this means the "turn point" between 30% and 40% is between those two values. The more friends you have and the more guild members you have, the more accurate results you will get.

As for your question, it's hard to tell how many have 29k+ because it's somewhere around the top 10% but not in the top 1000 players, the top 1000 player list begins at 37408 AP. Using my achievement data I get 2777 (80%) and 2889 (90%), this means the top 10% of the playerbase "starts" between those two numbers.

All the above mean that the vast majority of accounts doesn't even have 3k AP, let alone 29k. Do note that I'm in Europe and I have EU data, NA is different and in general NA players have much less AP than EU players on all tiers.

I'm another one who has been playing since launch (without any breaks long enough to seriously affect my AP) and I have less than 29k. I can't remember exactly, I think it's just over 20k. Partially that's because I've never been one to do the dailies every single day. My time is limited and if I did that I'd struggle to find enough time for anything else, so I'm only on about 8k AP from dailies and monthlies combined. But I also don't do other achievements unless they happen while I'm playing normally (like the various slayer ones) or I really want to do them for either the individual achievement reward or because it sounds fun. I can spend an entire evening playing and get no AP at all.

But I'm ok with the pinnacle weapons. I like them more than the zenith weapons and will probably use them if/when I ever get them, but it doesn't bother me. Since I know 29k AP (and more) is possible I see it like any other difficult to obtain skin - I weigh up how much I want them against what I think it would take to get them and decide if that's worth it for me. For now it's not, I just use other skins I like instead. At some point it might be worth the extra push to get there...although I'm not sure which specific weapon skin I'll choose.

Also having started the system of AP rewards they had to have something to include after the zenith weapons were complete. I suppose at some point they could just make the rewards consumables which can also come from other places, but then you run into the risk of more and more players reaching that point eventually and losing an incentive to do achievements.

@mes.4607 said:Will AP rewards ever be redone? I think 29k for the first pinnacle weapon is insane! I've been playing since ~3 months after launch and have 21k AP. Is it normal to see people with AP so high? I get the prestige but this is crazy

As mentioned by others, from those 21k AP, 15k are dailies, or could be dailies. So in essence, you have either not been doing dailies, or you have made a mere 6k AP in 7 years, when there are 25k AP available and more (non dailies).

So, why should you be entitled to the AP rewards if you haven't bothered with actually accumulating AP?

@mes.4607 said:

@mes.4607 said:

I have just over 29k and I'm in the top 10% of the EU population. So yeah most people have much lower than 29k AP.

Thank you. This reinforces my post. I feel like AP rewards currently have a very steep cost..It reinforces nothing but the fact that those who work on the AP are offered a reward that you want.Rewards are for people who earn them, they aren't typically given for metagaming the forums.

@mes.4607 said:

trying
to gain AP, OP?

I currently have 22k AP after roughly 6 years with a break a few months after launch. I can still get 7k from dailies.

Do you do the festival metas for the 50 AP?

32,295 Ap for me.Considering I'll need another 10k at least to get any higher chances are i'll always be around the same, I don't PvP and I don't play WvW enough to get many achievements there so i'll never be able to catch up to any of the players with 40k+ right now.

@mes.4607 said:

@mes.4607 said:

trying
to gain AP, OP?

I find hellfire and radiant armor to be rather lackluster for the amount of time they take. To each their own. I just feel the current AP item progression is pretty meh all things considered

I didn't mean the fashion of it, certainly different people will and won't like it but it's kind of a status thing you can wear. And yeah, they really should add more to the system

@Blocki.4931 said:

@mes.4607 said:

trying
to gain AP, OP?

I currently have 22k AP after roughly 6 years with a break a few months after launch. I can still get 7k from dailies.

Do you do the festival metas for the 50 AP?

Yes, it's a pretty easy 50 per festival. I'd recommend anyone do it, even if they're not into AP. Also nice, I have about 7K left I can earn too out of dailies and I'm also at 22K total!