Error Code = 42:1053:9001:4479:101

otfcOfC.pngI've been playing GW2 for 2+ years now & this error code has happened from time to time since then. It can happen anywhere, anytime. It seems to be a totally randomly triggered error. Lately, it is happening more frequently. I play from home & have made no changes to anything related to my internet, software or hardware of any kind in all of this time.

Although I can't account for why it is happening more often, it isn't particularly bothersome as, when I click on OK, nothing ever happens. The game remains in play exactly as it was prior to the pop up, so I just continue on my way.

In fact, the only reason that I'm posting about it now is, that I'm wondering if the increase in the appearance of this error, is in any way connected to the decrease in the FPS that I've been experiencing lately.

I never used to experience rubber banding at all, or any kind of noticeable hang in play, but now I do? So if this error code is actually pointing to something that I can remedy on my end, then I'd like to know what that is please.

EDIT: just to add the image here vs redirect to imgur.

Happens all the time when trading on BLTC. I blame the migration over to Amazon servers that the tech support team have never been ironed out.

It started off with the big rune update some 4 years ago and has gotten worse every year. There are a lot of unanswered threads about how laggy the game is dating back to even before Gaile Grey was laid off.

I can start doing my trading on BLTC and a lot of trades will have this momentary 'freeze' ranging from a few seconds to a complete time out. When you see that error you posted Its when it means whatever you were interacting with timed out.

It could be that Anet are running their servers deliberately over capacity to save money so they struggle to deal with the load. Customer/tech support will respond by doing either one of two things...

1. They tell you they are investigating it (but they dont - they just make you think they are doing something so you shut up about it)

2. They tell you that the problem is on your end and say things that make you think that the problem is being caused by malware infecting your machine

Either way, there has never been an official response .

@"Joel.5218" said:Same thing here. Started today . I can not buy anything form the BLTC and I spent gems on an item and I did not receive them in the in game mail. I have tried all the "fixes" but nothing has resolved. It definitely has to be on their end.

I've been able to buy both gems & items from the BLTC without any problems, even though this error code pop up is still happening. So, while others are also experiencing problems with the BLTC, I don't think that these two problems are necessarily related.

Either way, I hope that you submitted a ticket to Anet & that they're able to compensate you for what you bought, or complete the purchase for you. Good luck. o/

@Stelawrat.6589 said:

@"Joel.5218" said:Same thing here. Started today . I can not buy anything form the BLTC and
I spent gems on an item and I did not receive them in the in game mail.
I have tried all the "fixes" but nothing has resolved. It definitely has to be on their end.

I've been able to buy both gems & items from the BLTC without any problems, even though this error code pop up is still happening. So, while others are also experiencing problems with the BLTC, I don't think that these two problems are necessarily related.

Either way, I hope that you submitted a ticket to Anet & that they're able to compensate you for what you bought, or complete the purchase for you. Good luck. o/

I bought the gems without hesitation because days prior I wasn’t having any issues. On 8/18/2020 I bought gens to purchase an item off the gem store. Once I did the item wasn’t delivered and the gems were taken. After which this pop up started happening with the error 42. Then today, the gem store won’t show any items in the gem store and now I’m not able to buy anything from the trade as well. Odd thing is, I’m able to access all these functions on my other accounts (kids) no problems on the same pc. It’s just my account that’s having issues. Idk :/

In that case, the only thing that I can think of is, it might be because you have your purchase details saved, if in fact you do, i.e., when you make purchases on your own account, in the buy window, all of your details are saved. I'm thinking that since you tried doing it on the same pc, in your children's accounts, it may have worked because you had to input your credit card, or other details etc.

So back to your own account, the fix maybe as simple as removing that "remember" function from the buy window, as I'm guessing it may have become corrupted, or inadvertently changed somehow. And if that's the case, after un-checking that field, then I think that you should relaunch the game, to ensure your change is properly saved. It's a long shot but you never know! :3

I've never used that "remember" function, not here, not anywhere... It may be safe, I'm just not willing to test it out. ;)

@"Stelawrat.6589" said:In that case, the only thing that I can think of is, it might be because you have your purchase details saved, if in fact you do, i.e., when you make purchases on your own account, in the buy window, all of your details are saved. I'm thinking that since you tried doing it on the same pc, in your children's accounts, it may have worked because you had to input your credit card, or other details etc.

So back to your own account, the fix maybe as simple as removing that "remember" function from the buy window, as I'm guessing it may have become corrupted, or inadvertently changed somehow. And if that's the case, after un-checking that field, then I think that you should relaunch the game, to ensure your change is properly saved. It's a long shot but you never know! :3

I've never used that "remember" function, not here, not anywhere... It may be safe, I'm just not willing to test it out. ;)

yeah I will wait to see what "fix" if they come up with any. I am done doing all these things suggested online lol. None of them work.

@Stelawrat.6589 said:

@"Joel.5218" said:Same thing here. Started today . I can not buy anything form the BLTC and
I spent gems on an item and I did not receive them in the in game mail.
I have tried all the "fixes" but nothing has resolved. It definitely has to be on their end.

Apparently I jinxed myself & now I can no longer buy gems... :/I did submit a ticket indicating what it was I wanted to buy with those gems, hoping that I can still get them at the sale prices, if it takes longer to solve the problem.

This error message is increasing exponentially for me and the TP in particular is nigh unusable. It used to happen a few times an hour, now it's every few minutes. I click OK and the box goes away; there is no actual disconnect from the servers, but come ON! Please fix this before the big update tomorrow.

ETA: Apparently I can't use the TP at all now. Constant error message box.

Major game bugs seem to be ignored lately, do hope the dev's are actually reading these forums and can at least let us know they are aware of the problems we got lately. Total silence is a bad sign, and fear game is on a downhill decline when player and dev communication drops to non existence.

@"Mike.7983" said:Major game bugs seem to be ignored lately, do hope the dev's are actually reading these forums and can at least let us know they are aware of the problems we got lately. Total silence is a bad sign, and fear game is on a downhill decline when player and dev communication drops to non existence.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/112864/trading-post-issue

This error really affects gameplay in some areas. Like for example, races, where seconds count. When this pops up you lose mouse control until the box is cleared. I'm sure in other parts of the game it really screws people up too. C'mon devs, lets get this fixed!