Stealth is totally fine - Offhand dagger only thief roaming

Exzen.2976

Now make a compilation of all failed attempts :D

You can literally make a compilation of kills as any class while not wearing any armor (and it wouldn't be a first), so I guess armors are stoopid and any (every) class that could do it is broken, because random compilation stuff. :(

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:Now make a compilation of all failed attempts :D

You can literally make a compilation of kills as any class while not wearing any armor (and it wouldn't be a first), so I guess armors are stoopid and any (every) class that could do it is broken, because random compilation stuff. :(

Haha, I don’t have any clips of failed attempts saved, although ngl, it would be funny to show how much I was sieged/bm’d making this. I do agree you can make anything look broken in a compilation, but I dont think many classes are going to 1v3 with just an offhand :)

Be my guest though, would love to be proved wrong xD

@Exzen.2976 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:Now make a compilation of all failed attempts :D

Haha, I don’t have any clips of failed attempts saved, although ngl, it would be funny to show how much I was sieged/bm’d making this. I do agree you can make anything look broken in a compilation, but I dont think many classes are going to 1v3 with just an offhand :)

...of course you don't because that's not what you've wanted to show, which kind of is the point. But it's enough that they existed, just a small reminder for people that blindly treat cherry picked "compilations" as a definite proof for anything. :)Most/all people in this clip probably didn't even realize offhand is all you've had, so any time you've stealthed they panicked expecting you to go in with stealth attack, while you were standing aside. You probably didn't do a whole lot to people that didn't panic and burn whatever they had around themselves in expectation of your incomming attack that just couldn't even be a thing.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

...of course you don't because that's not what you've wanted to show, which kind of is the point. But it's enough that they existed, just a small reminder for people that blindly treat cherry picked "compilations" as a definite proof for anything. :)Most/all people in this clip probably didn't even realize offhand is all you've had, so any time you've stealthed they panicked expecting you to go in with stealth attack, while you were standing aside. You probably didn't do a whole lot to people that didn't panic and burn whatever they had around themselves in expectation of your incomming attack that just couldn't even be a thing.

Lol, I won’t argue with your valid points. Stealth as a mechanic allows you to play mind games and force people to waste dodges, skills etc. And for some classes, there is 0 chance they could fight back against this, even if they knew I had just an offhand dagger and they essentially have to just wait to be killed slowly by a stupid thief build. Anyway, this was just for fun. I think everyone knows that stealth is busted in this game. It’s not new information!

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Evade, evade, thousands of boons, evade, stealth, evade, stealth, stealth, stealth, evade, boons, evade, stealth, stealth......with just an offhand weapon.

But mirage loses a dodge because it dared to evade something.

Hilarious.

What u just wrote is what everyone experiences when they fight a mesmer in pvp.

Replace the Stealth with Block and you got yourself a warrior.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Evade, evade, thousands of boons, evade, stealth, evade, stealth, stealth, stealth, evade, boons, evade, stealth, stealth......with just an offhand weapon.

Hilarious.

Yeah, i'm sure a Mesmer with just an offhand weapon could do that and win. Especially now.

@Naxos.2503 said:

Hilarious.

Replace the Stealth with Block and you got yourself a warrior.

Replace the stealth with damage numbers and you have yourself a necromancer.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Hilarious.

Yeah, i'm sure a Mesmer with just an offhand weapon could do that and win. Especially now.

I meant in general. Let's be real a thief with just off hand vs any decent player will get destroyed hard.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Hilarious.

I meant in general. Let's be real a thief with just off hand vs any decent player will get destroyed hard.

Thief is the only one that can do that because it's Dagger off-hand skills only use "initiave" and provide "stealth" (properly timed, you can simply hit whenever you lose stealth in order to re-enter it all while keeping an healthy amount of initiative). Other professions just have to deal with CDs which are usually high on the off-hand making such gameplay way harder to even try.

Don't look down on the players that lose on the video, they are pretty much fighting against an invisible foe that can nonetheless hit pretty hard (even if it's just with the off-hand).

I mean being locked to a single offhand weapon will hurt the thief less than most other professions due to the initiative mechanic, but 1v3'ing is fairly impressive regardless of the build.What the heck happened against that dragonhunter at 4:42 though? Last time I checked daggerstorm doesn't do that much damage. Did you reflect a true shot or something? If I waded through a DH trap like that I'd be dead 4 times over. XD

~ Kovu

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Hilarious.

I mean, if you're way better than your opposition? Probably.

Lots of condi mesmers already use Sword even thought it does basically 0 damage in their hands.

I think the mesmer class is in a pretty bad place right now overall but one thing it still does well is evade spam, stealth, and general disorientation.

@Exzen.2976 said:

Lol, I won’t argue with your valid points.

Great, thanks. :D

(someone not arguing valid points is new to me, not sure what to do now, help)

• Confused 1

@Kovu.7560 said:I mean being locked to a single offhand weapon will hurt the thief less than most other professions due to the initiative mechanic, but 1v3'ing is fairly impressive regardless of the build.What the heck happened against that dragonhunter at 4:42 though? Last time I checked daggerstorm doesn't do that much damage. Did you reflect a true shot or something? If I waded through a DH trap like that I'd be dead 4 times over. XD

~ Kovu

Thanks, and yeah, reflected the true shot for 8k. I must admit, I was very surprised xD