Saga's End Draconic Core should have been an infusion

Shadowmoon.7986

I'm indifferent. I don't even want to step foot in a DRM long enough to get the buff. 

But if you mean it should have been an infusion that just always shows the effects whether you have active essences or not, I agree. Maybe not even an infusion but an enrichment. Though I think an infusion would be better as I already have to decide between the anniversary infusion and otter for my enrichment slot. 

Personally I think amulets could use more enrichment slots anyway. It's not like they're ground breaking advantages and you can usually find comparable benefits by just eating a certain food. Maybe have exotics provide one slot and ascended/legendary provide two or three?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/14/2021 at 5:56 AM, mindcircus.1506 said:

I prefer the current approach of making accessories and amulets so easily obtained they are essentially disposable to some convoluted resetting system.

Generally I agree, but since this one is a special case, it should be the exception.
+1 for stat resetability please.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 9:56 PM, mindcircus.1506 said:

I prefer the current approach of making accessories and amulets so easily obtained they are essentially disposable to some convoluted resetting system.

I'd rather have a resetting feature. Take for example all the ascended you get for completing all achievements in LWS2 (doing this right now), for most builds the stats on these suck. Or at the very least, they should have been selectable at the start.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Faridah.8431 said:

I'd rather have a resetting feature. Take for example all the ascended you get for completing all achievements in LWS2 (doing this right now), for most builds the stats on these suck. Or at the very least, they should have been selectable at the start.

Doesn't this eliminate all the QoL value of a legendary?

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Doesn't this eliminate all the QoL value of a legendary?

Yeah, guess that is true. Still wish story achievement earned Ascended items were all selectable stats like the Saga's End Draconic Core.

So far, working through all the S2 achievements on this account, I'm getting a bunch of useless ascended items.

I actually would like to see ANet implement an "Aura Wardrobe". In order to use it, you'd need to "sacrifice" a copy of the infusion or enrichment the same way you'd unlock a dye or mini, but afterwards you can then freely apply as many copies of that aura as you want to all eligible items. This system could also be expanded to include items with special appearances like Nightfury, and also items where the unique aura is specific to that particular item, including the Saga's End Core, the Chatoyant Lens, and the Rime-Rimmed Mariner's aquabreathers.

14 hours ago, Zaxares.5419 said:

I actually would like to see ANet implement an "Aura Wardrobe". In order to use it, you'd need to "sacrifice" a copy of the infusion or enrichment the same way you'd unlock a dye or mini, but afterwards you can then freely apply as many copies of that aura as you want to all eligible items. This system could also be expanded to include items with special appearances like Nightfury, and also items where the unique aura is specific to that particular item, including the Saga's End Core, the Chatoyant Lens, and the Rime-Rimmed Mariner's aquabreathers.

And we could be done with all the lag inducing, infusion heavy player characters that tank fps. Allowing multiple infusions to be equipped at the same time was a poor design choice imo. Add to the wardrobe and only allow one to be equipped at a time OR give the rest of us a graffical option to not have them render on our rigs please.

On 8/6/2021 at 3:03 AM, Super Hayes.6890 said:

And we could be done with all the lag inducing, infusion heavy player characters that tank fps. Allowing multiple infusions to be equipped at the same time was a poor design choice imo. Add to the wardrobe and only allow one to be equipped at a time OR give the rest of us a graffical option to not have them render on our rigs please.

Oh I personally agree that stacking on so many infusions (especially of the same type) is visually obnoxious, but all the same, I don't wish to penalize players for making their own aesthetic choices. So, we can have the Aura Wardrobe AND put in that graphical toggle to "don't display auras from other players". The two aren't mutually exclusive. 😉

11 hours ago, Zaxares.5419 said:

Oh I personally agree that stacking on so many infusions (especially of the same type) is visually obnoxious, but all the same, I don't wish to penalize players for making their own aesthetic choices. So, we can have the Aura Wardrobe AND put in that graphical toggle to "don't display auras from other players". The two aren't mutually exclusive. 😉

As long as I can positively impact my FPS I will take whichever. Obviously the option with less negative player impact is best if it's feasible. Group content is such a pill for me atm because my rigs performance drops so hard.