Follow Up to May 11 Balance Preview

2 minutes ago, Monarch.7241 said:

someone did write what in 2012 exactly ? Now you trying to tell what exactlty, that retaliation is working as it intended in 2012 ? Get outta here. You not only ended up lying but as a fool too. Proud and ignorant fool, but still a fool.

I gave the link and the dates to you. Why don't you check that for yourself? It's not that hard.

4 hours ago, Monarch.7241 said:

someone did write what in 2012 exactly ? Now you trying to tell what exactlty, that retaliation is working as it intended in 2012 ? Get outta here. You not only ended up lying but as a fool too. Proud and ignorant fool, but still a fool.

You'll have fun re-reading your posts soon, I guess 🙄

All you had to do was a quick google search for old retal, vid from 2013, watch from 8:20 (timestamped link) and pay attention to the numbers. The damage that player takes is irrelevant, the varying retal dmg depends on occasional might stack, because it scales with power, but not with dmg received so it's still same on 260dmg and 1k+ dmg hits received.

And unfortunately occasional inaccurate ingame tooltips in gw2 aren't anything new.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jski.6180 said:

anet never did balance out hp / def right after they remove it from the trates.

I disagree and I've already had that discussion in another thread some time ago -judging by what you just said, it was probably a discussion with you. I'm not wishing to continue here or repeat how according to your theory the pvp ""ranking"" of the classes would look vastly different than it does right now. 😁

Even though I understand some people missing the old trait system, I'm fine with the current one (except for the traits that should be reworked/replaced for quite som time now, but that's a slightly different issue).

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I disagree and I've already had that discussion in another thread some time ago -judging by what you just said, it was probably a discussion with you. I'm not wishing to continue here or repeat how according to your theory the pvp ""ranking"" of the classes would look vastly different than it does right now. 😁

Even though I understand some people missing the old trait system, I'm fine with the current one (except for the traits that should be reworked/replaced for quite som time now, but that's a slightly different issue).

I miss it in the way that not every thing was updated with the trate system they only updated traites and the amount armor gives you but not the classes them self. It was and still is a massive over sight on anet end. So we have a VERY bad risk reward system in gw21 now and its only gotten worst after this update.

12 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

I miss it in the way that not every thing was updated with the trate system they only updated traites and the amount armor gives you but not the classes them self. It was and still is a massive over sight on anet end. So we have a VERY bad risk reward system in gw21 now and its only gotten worst after this update.

Ok, so I looked and we already had this talk:

Repeating what you said and dropped in the past won't make anyone change their minds, so if you were not willing to respond there, then there's no point for you to come and repeat same stuff I already answered to in another thread. If you demand to have "another discussion about same thing", then just go and re-read that thread instead.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok, so I looked and we already had this talk:

Repeating what you said and dropped in the past won't make anyone change their minds, so if you were not willing to respond there, then there's no point for you to come and repeat same stuff I already answered to in another thread. If you demand to have "another discussion about same thing", then just go and re-read that thread.

You never got me to think of it that way so why would i stop saying my views? Low hp / low armor classes should be able to do more or all classes should have the same armor / hp and you should build your risk / reward.

1 minute ago, Jski.6180 said:

You never got me to think of it that way so why would i stop saying my views? Low hp / low armor classes should be able to do more or all classes should have the same armor / hp and you should build your risk / reward.

You stopped responding there, but now you've RANDOMLY started saying what you said in that previous thread. How it will go is probably exactly how it went in the thread I've linked. I don't care if it "got you to think" or not, you've stopped responding, so you either lost interest (doubtful, as we can see you at it again here) or didn't know what to answer. Either way, if you want to discuss anything about that further, then continue in the linked thread so we don't need to re-live the same story again. For now, you're just as wrong as you were before and that said, I'm not continuing this here o/

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I gave the link and the dates to you. Why don't you check that for yourself? It's not that hard.

You know, sometime it's better to leave people in their ignorance. You're right about how retal worked and even someone who played the game casualy should know that much. You were either feeding a troll or talking to someone that never really played with or against retaliation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monarch.7241 said:

Inacurate tooltips occur when someone does changes on the move, and because the tooltip hasnt changed, nobody had noticed the change so it wont be listen in the wiki too,

You realise that the wiki actually take much of it's informations out of the patch notes, right? That there is even link to those detailed patch notes. It's in fact a pretty good tool to track the different changes made to the different mechanism of the game over time due to this "feature".

Anyway, as far as 2012, retal was considered a trash damage tool in PvE and OP in competitive modes for a single reason: AI have low attack speed while Players have high attack speed.

- Fact is that you made the most out of retal when you take damage from channeled attack that have a high hit rate (ex: Mesmer's spatial surge, Elementalist's arc lightning or Necromancer's ghastly claw).

- Fact is that retal never ever nullified damage (else guardian would have never ever taken damage in this game).

- Fact is that a big hit hit like gravedigger proc a single instance of retal which have the exact same damage as an instance of retal that would be proc'd by a CC skill that deal 2 pt of damage.

- Fact is that retal was only affected by power because the mechanism wasn't considered as dealing "strikes" damage (just like vampiric effects).

You're free to not believe those facts based on your experience as an "expert" of retaliation however, remember that the forum moderation encourage players to be polite with each other.

21 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

You're free to not believe those facts based on your experience as an "expert" of retaliation however, remember that the forum moderation encourage players to be polite with each other.

statements are not facts, statements are just opinions. Wrong in that case. You do realize that the changelog is not some god that knows it all right ? Someone has to fill that info in it first.... Devs didnt even changed the tooltip of a spell that we use when we play, what do you think is the chance the changelog or wiki to have that information correct about the spell....? 

Edited by Monarch.7241

50 minutes ago, Monarch.7241 said:

statements are not facts, statements are just opinions. Wrong in that case. You do realize that the changelog is not some god that knows it all right ? Someone has to fill that info in it first.... Devs didnt even changed the tooltip of a spell that we use when we play, what do you think is the chance the changelog or wiki to have that information correct about the spell....? 

So you realy think that ANet would have given guardian a boon that they could perma keep that nullify damage? Nope, it's a fact that they didn't.

So in your many hours/days/weak/month/years of experience you think from the bottom of your heart that you made more damage out of retal from a single big attack than from a channeled attack? Nope, again it's impossible that you could come up with such conclusion if you really had tested it. That's facts, not statement here.

As for retal damage, just like vampiric/life leeching damage on the necromancer, they aren't strike damage. They neither crit nor benefit from damage modifier which have the disadvantage of of making them poor in term of raw dps but also allow them to ignore damage reduction. That's facts as well.

In fact, the last patch allow for the first time a damage modifier to also affect vampiric effects on revenant. It's a true novelty.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monarch.7241 said:

the fanbois showed up to pop a support based on failed assumption of an ignorant person, amazing. 😄  But you know what? I was one of those that actually used retal. I know better, get lost, kitten.

Inacurate tooltips occur when someone does changes on the move, and because the tooltip hasnt changed, nobody had noticed the change so it wont be listen in the wiki too, unless some wise dev/gm/mod decides to put it there.... which is my point xactly, stupendous. What u saying now, google knows it all ? First it was wiki knows it all now its google ? LOL I doubt even devs remember every single bit of change they have done. Triple the fools, triple the entertainment, but u know what ? Theres nothing you can say, lie, whip, deceive or manipulate to show that retaliation removal was a healthy change that brings good to the player community, same goes for resistance change. I mean it might be healthy change for the inet fighting waco's like u that only seek to trashtalk in the forums for topic you understand nothing about, but you know what? You and the people like you are not the entire community. Your previous comments and statements shows it all.

Id be surprized if any of you had the time to actually play the game with all those 3k 4k 5k comments written by those accounts. Normal and veteran players doesnt have time to do that, because the game is time consuming, and nobody with his right mind has the time to invest in this matter, unlike casual players. It turns out you mostly write crap in the forums on topics you guys understand next to nothing about than actually playing the game. Erase yourselves, lesser creatures. Ask google how to do it, check wiki, they might know, if someone was wise enough to write it there...

Watch, read, understand, stop being in denial and get over yourself already. You didn't even respond to the main point of the post you've quoted, but instead decided to stick to something you can manipulate. Not only that, but you also pivoted into something as irrelevant as post count as something that is somehow supposed to confirm what you're saying. 😆 Absolute nonsense.

So yeah, the only person trying to lie and manipulate here is you.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

The game has become driven by pve balancing at this point due to the un split and non split update we just had and if your class cant give out quinkess or alacrity you have fallen out of the meta and realty over all game play. Every class dose nearly the same dmg so its only the added effect the class has is what driving if it is meta now.

Its realty all simple If A is B and B is C then A is C. Beyond that you just have ppl trying to apologized for what anet has done.

So why did Pain Absorption on revs get 5 seconds of Resolution from transferring one condition from allies to self but Signet of Renewal for rangers that transfers 13 conditions to either the pet or to self still has no Resolution but has 2 seconds of Resistance? Using Signet of Renewal is currently a death sentence for soulbeasts and pets please fix

6 hours ago, Criminal.5627 said:

So why did Pain Absorption on revs get 5 seconds of Resolution from transferring one condition from allies to self but Signet of Renewal for rangers that transfers 13 conditions to either the pet or to self still has no Resolution but has 2 seconds of Resistance? Using Signet of Renewal is currently a death sentence for soulbeasts and pets please fix

i swear anet doesnt play their own game, and they dont know how to do with the changes, mallyx definitely got the change only because it was the most cried about after the note.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 5:00 PM, Criminal.5627 said:

The same reason that Warrior didn’t see any (resolution) update to Berserker Stance, Revenge Counter, Healing Signet active, Featherfoot Grace, etc... they forgot about them?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

The same reason that Warrior didn’t see any (resolution) update to Berserker Stance, Revenge Counter, Healing Signet active, Featherfoot Grace, etc... they forgot about them?

Anet realty should of though out what skills should get resolution over just adding it to where retal was. Pain inversion is not a def skill its a dmg skill but it has resolution on it now it may also be the best racial skill in the game now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jski.6180 said:

Anet realty should of though out what skills should get resolution over just adding it to where retal was. Pain inversion is not a def skill its a dmg skill but it has resolution on it now it may also be the best racial skill in the game now.

It’s an incredibly lazy approach, tbh. Those skills that Warrior has, with resistance on them, are intended to be used to mitigate condi damage for sustain purposes, not to clear non-damaging things like blind. It really is mind-boggling how they miss this type of stuff and is a major contributor to why some players think they don’t give a kitten.

• Like 1

@Fire Attunement.9835

Why dose anet hate ele? Its to the point where state do nothing for the class and often its more important for the modifiers also know as the build of the class more so then any thing else in the game. The thing is other classes can get the modifiers and still have there class effect something ele is very much lacking (maybe smoothing mist is about all ele has as a class that no other has for the slot but even gurd has a class only heal over time making the ele effect pointless.)

Its to the point where as a player of ele i feel i need to warn new ppl about playing ele that its a trap of a class that is going no where.

This update did nothing for ele it some how even took away from ele. I ask Why dose anet hate ele?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

@Fire Attunement.9835

Why dose anet hate ele? Its to the point where state do nothing for the class and often its more important for the modifiers also know as the build of the class more so then any thing else in the game. The thing is other classes can get the modifiers and still have there class effect something ele is very much lacking (maybe smoothing mist is about all ele has as a class that no other has for the slot but even gurd has a class only heal over time making the ele effect pointless.)

Its to the point where as a player of ele i feel i need to warn new ppl about playing ele that its a trap of a class that is going no where.

This update did nothing for ele it some how even took away from ele. I ask Why dose anet hate ele?

The answer to all the negative feedbacks here is: 

ArenaNet doesn't have a balanced philosophy for the professions design and they don't have enough employees on their balance team and they don't have a game director and a senior game designer who can lead the team to the next level in order to make things right. They limit themselves to balance PvP modes, they are clearly not interested in PvE.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

ArenaNet doesn't have a balanced philosophy for the professions design and they don't have enough employees on their balance team and they don't have a game director and a senior game designer who can lead the team to the next level in order to make things right. They limit themselves to balance PvP modes, they are clearly not interested in PvE.

I would feel a lot better if an dev would say that.

Added note: They seemed to have the dev. to update every class but ele. They even did some massive trait reworks for classes in this update ele got 4 changes and they where very minor number updates. If that not aimed at one class being disliked by anet i am not sure what else i could say to make any one believe it.

Edited by Jski.6180
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Touchme.1097 said:

what are you on about? I'd say their attention is more focused on pve over pvp/wvw. Look at the pvp/wvw version of headbutt.

Rage. Stun your target and stun yourself. Gain adrenaline and extend berserk duration if you hit. This skill removes all stability and deals increased damage if stability was removed.

Damage: 8

It's totally asinine

• Like 1