Skillbar switching skills around

Rayazs.9305

I've had this issue a lot lately, when changing builds, the skills of my legends swap all over my bars.

It is annoying me a lot, because switching in the heat of the moment messes up my bars and then prevent me from playing normally until im out of combat again.

Did they announce any bug fix with the coming patch or is this gonna be a bug for a few more years?

• Like 2

Sad to say this is not news and it has been a problem since revenant was added to the game, only to be more prominent with build templates.  Honestly the best advice I can give you is to get used to the default skill positions, even if you don't like them (I sure don't).

• Like 1

Legendary Stances have a default set up of skills, so it the template loadout system reverts your Legendary Stances to that default set up.

Given that it is highly unlikely to ever be fixed, you might be better off using that default set up.

Edited by Fueki.4753

ANet is unable to fix this, even with dozens of thousands of players which paid for having the Rev class and to have extra templates. The problem roots in that Rev skills aren't programmed like the other classes, with all the utility skills available in a general pool ordered by families, but in small groups in pre defined order pre asigned to each legend by defaul. The only solution is to manually check each skill every time you move between game modes, and to keep making noise about the problem until ANet does something (because our money is not less that the one from people playing other classes). Sadly the Rev main designer is no longer in the game and their surrogates seem unable to fix anything...

• 2 weeks later...

A couple things I found helpful are:

Do not change builds while mounted.

If you have your builds bound to hotkeys, press the hotkey for the desired build twice before going into combat. This will usually correct the placements of skills on both legends.

After making any adjustments to a build in the hero panel, switch the legends out with ones you don't use and swap them back. I noticed that sometimes changing traits can cause skill placements to revert back to where double tapping the build hotkey doesn't fix it. At which point I find some time to delete the build and make it again and that fixes it.

Edited by Echo.6310
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 2:53 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

Legendary Stances have a default set up of skills, so it the template loadout system reverts your Legendary Stances to that default set up.

Given that it is highly unlikely to ever be fixed, you might be better off using that default set up.

It’s like the only thing I want anet to address, I may be biased but... god do I hate it. If I had to choose between it and fixing major issues I’d still choose it...

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2021 at 6:46 PM, Vennyhedgie.5369 said:

Sad to say this is not news and it has been a problem since revenant was added to the game, only to be more prominent with build templates.  Honestly the best advice I can give you is to get used to the default skill positions, even if you don't like them (I sure don't).

This is not a reliable method of fixing the bug and honestly there should be more complaining on the forums about this. It is up to Anet to fix it, not for the users to come up with band-aid solutions.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 6:15 AM, Clex Mix.7624 said:

Lol... no. 

Probably you couldn't figure it out what's the issue. Other classes can switch appropriate build quickly against for opponent before engaging. But if rev uses the template, sometimes utility skills are placed randomly, so it wastes energy for wrong skill. There's less time to check both legend skill bars before engaging in WvW.

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2021 at 3:15 PM, Janitsu.6284 said:

This is not a reliable method of fixing the bug and honestly there should be more complaining on the forums about this. It is up to Anet to fix it, not for the users to come up with band-aid solutions.

This definitely should have more people complaining about it, but the problem is it's been in the game so long now that no one wants to continue complaining about it and most have just dealt with it as absolutely kitten as that is. 

I personally have In Game Bug Reported it almost daily (300+ reports for sure) since it was initially released.  It's very clear that Anet doesn't care about it (they absolutely know it exists) so I've given up on them fixing it and some of my love of the game has died because of it.  I report it less nowadays because they just really don't care.  Them not fixing it though is a really good way for them to alienate parts of their community

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

This definitely should have more people complaining about it, but the problem is it's been in the game so long now that no one wants to continue complaining about it and most have just dealt with it as absolutely kitten as that is. 

I personally have In Game Bug Reported it almost daily (300+ reports for sure) since it was initially released.  It's very clear that Anet doesn't care about it (they absolutely know it exists) so I've given up on them fixing it and some of my love of the game has died because of it.  I report it less nowadays because they just really don't care.  Them not fixing it though is a really good way for them to alienate parts of their community

Maybe the ingame Bug Report-System is bugged. We should.... use the bug report system....

(The bug report system was broken a while ago & what i wrote is what the ticket support answered)

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, arielwind.8921 said:

Probably you couldn't figure it out what's the issue. Other classes can switch appropriate build quickly against for opponent before engaging. But if rev uses the template, sometimes utility skills are placed randomly, so it wastes energy for wrong skill. There's less time to check both legend skill bars before engaging in WvW.

What? Are you saying I don’t know what the bug is?

yeah... no. 

Its not a “critical issue” to Anet... 

Edited by Clex Mix.7624