Another patch another nerf what else is new.

moutzaheadin.4029

This is for wvw minded players. If your a pver or a spvp gui then this may or may not apply.

new staff skills are bad in their current tier. The good choice is always top.

mantra was gutted. Charge up cleanse was huge.

arcane thievery was also gutted. Need to have a perfect path to target for it to work. Or nothing 

might was taken down from 8 to 4. Knew that was coming lasted 1 day.

cele gear is kitten for a staff mirage. I’ve tried it over and over and Tb is better.

so basically if you wvw you went backwards in all the correct builds.

Nothing new here, I’ll keep adjusting. Nerf nerf nerf yet I still play this trash class.

• Like 1

I agree that the new patch is another nerf, only the build has been assembled, again a nerf, all these manipulations with buffs skills only mask the entire cutting of skills. Need Back second dodge !!!

Edited by Zraurum.8493

Oh myself and a few others knew this would be a nerf but there’s others out there who “love” some of these changes. Obviously those people are PvE’ers which is ‘fine’, but since I’ve been noticing a lot more people in WvW the past couple months, these changes are not that great and Mirage still didn’t get their second dodge back so....

This is only my opinion but sometimes i wonder how quiet the mesmer community is before changes like these are implemented. It is totally clear that the coming changes are hard 50% nerfs to the profession but for a reason, i for myself cant understand, people tend to wait and want to first see, if the new implementations are maybe not a totally fail. In Special if some new changes are made for Mirage every PvE player is like again obeying ANet for wired reasons.

The forum is floated by people complaining afterwards but if we are serious, the changes to mantras were clearly addressed at the very beginning. But for some reason people even speculated, if ANet will add some more notes AFTER the patch is released. (???)

And to make it clear, not long ago Jazz talked to the ANet „devs“ about the one dodge and they clearly suggested to improve the healing output of mirage instead of giving the dodge back. The conversation was very one-sided and ANet didn't even respond to the suggestions.  Instead, they tried to sell their ideas to Jazz.  So it seemed to me…

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Senqu.8054 said:

This is only my opinion but sometimes i wonder how quiet the mesmer community is before changes like these are implemented. It is totally clear that the coming changes are hard 50% nerfs to the profession but for a reason, i for myself cant understand, people tend to wait and want to first see, if the new implementations are maybe not a totally fail. In Special if some new changes are made for Mirage every PvE player is like again obeying ANet for wired reasons.

The forum is floated by people complaining afterwards but if we are serious, the changes to mantras were clearly addressed at the very beginning. But for some reason people even speculated, if ANet will add some more notes AFTER the patch is released. (???)

And to make it clear, not long ago Jazz talked to the ANet „devs“ about the one dodge and they clearly suggested to improve the healing output of mirage instead of giving the dodge back. The conversation was very one-sided and ANet didn't even respond to the suggestions.  Instead, they tried to sell their ideas to Jazz.  So it seemed to me…

created a topic where I urged Anet to stop, but the community calmly accepted 1 evasion and other fatal nerfs last year. However, the community silently accepted these changes, the consequences of which we still see.

3 hours ago, Senqu.8054 said:

The Mesmer community was very vocal about the mantra changes before it was changed. I heard plenty of complaints on the forums, in game, and from streamers. The change was happening regardless of our input.

• Like 1

Well, the patch is a fail however you look at it. You got broken damage output in PvE for some professions and skills that are so weak they become irrelevant in the game as a whole. The patch is just released and there is already a need for a huge hotfix.

• Like 2

let them return burning to vortex, torment mechanics, and trait chaos armor 33% defense and the second dodge, let's not say anything now we will be left without damage at all on wvw. About the conquest, I am already silent, it is lost forever for the condi mirage. But at least keep something. Or let them increase the number of stacks of torment from the axe equal to the loss of damage when nerfing torment in motion. Or let the torment be divided into pvp and pve modes like other skills, in pv the new mechanics of torment in pvp let the old one remain
If we agree with these changes, we are in a condi assembly and we will not go to wvw now, not only to pvp.

Edited by Zraurum.8493

I don't understand why they balance the entire game around very specific instanced group/raid content that has its own very specific and often unique rules and mechanic, separate from the rest of the game, rather than just adjusting that content. Instead of nerfing Chrono damage across the whole game why not just go ahead and say: Well, raid boss xy is now immune to slow.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

The Mesmer community was very vocal about the mantra changes before it was changed. I heard plenty of complaints on the forums, in game, and from streamers. The change was happening regardless of our input.

18 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Well of cause the usual suspects have been active since the beginning of the announcements, but they where the same people as always. 

You where clearly not meant if you are active in the forums all the time lol

sorry for double posting something went wrong with my browser 

Edited by Senqu.8054

I do not complain about pve right now. Just I had troubles to play pvp and wvw before patch. Aftar patch, I gave up playing in pvp with mesmer completely. Lackness of 2nd dodge is getting annoying. I'm not talking about defence. I'm concerned about strength. Gathering mirrors in the field to trigger ambush attacks with melee build is very stupid. I've tried many builds & all weapons. It is useless. For example, when I see a necro and guardian, I dont event try to kill them, I run away. They are unkilleable by mesmer appearently. 

What I'm trying to say, if Anet wont give 2nd dodge back, they should give us more efficient ways to trigger ambush attacks better than collecting mirrors with melee builds in the battlefield. 

On 5/15/2021 at 8:22 PM, Yoci.2481 said:

I don't understand why they balance the entire game around very specific instanced group/raid content that has its own very specific and often unique rules and mechanic, separate from the rest of the game, rather than just adjusting that content. Instead of nerfing Chrono damage across the whole game why not just go ahead and say: Well, raid boss xy is now immune to slow.

we could say the same for pvp, why nerf the a mechanics across the whole game (it's already happend multiple time that pvp target focus was also applied into pve beucase it's was a bigger change than just coef) for a gamemode that just a very specific type of players that has its own very specific and often unique rules.

Accept it, neither pvp, wvw, fractals or raids community players are a majority, the majority of players are in openworlds.

Fractals have probably the most amount of people.
Followed by raids and wvw

and in the last position is pvp, rip them.

Ok they could separate more the change, but i really think they really don't like to put too much difference of gameplay between pvp/pve that why they put the change across all gamemode.

The reason is this: You can not balance PvP without nerfing or adjusting professions. PvP is nothing but the interaction of professions with other professions. It has no weird mechanics or bosses. If you change stuff you necessarily make some people unhappy. Raid bosses don't give a kitten if they get nerfed. If some profession is too weak or too strong you can adjust the raid content without affecting the rest of the game at all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yoci.2481 said:

The reason is this: You can not balance PvP without nerfing or adjusting professions. PvP is nothing but the interaction of professions with other professions. It has no weird mechanics or bosses. If you change stuff you necessarily make some people unhappy. Raid bosses don't give a kitten if they get nerfed. If some profession is too weak or too strong you can adjust the raid content without affecting the rest of the game at all.

While I agree with you on some of your points I also believe a decent game balance can be achieved.

The starting point is this, which game mode does the core balance need to be rooted on?

-sPvP?

-WvW?

-OpenWorld?

-Dungeon&Fractals?

-Raid?

And my answer would be sPvP. Why? Because it's standardized and it should offer the fairest game experience. 

WvW balance can be worked out by applying minor changes to the already balanced sPvP system.

PvE balance can be worked out by applying minor changes to the already balanced WvW system and so on.

Without a core starting point and without considering all the game modes for balance purposes there can be no balance in this game.

There is nothing to be ashamed of in failures, as long as people learn from their mistakes.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2021 at 7:10 PM, otto.5684 said:

From mirage pve stand point this was an extremely good patch. I don’t have an opinion regarding chrono. For pvp... wait someone still plays Mesmer in pvp 🙄

Agree, on PvE staff mirage is now a monster burning every champ/leg to ash in few time.

Also very good in group event thx to might and alac given to ally.

For PvP.. well, who care ? I stopped when they removed 1 dodge on mirage.

And chrono.. yeah, lets forget about it.

Hope the new e-spec are worth all of this mess.

At least mirage is fun in pve now, but probably gonna be nerf soon, way to strong imho.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 10:29 AM, Touchme.1097 said:

While I agree with you on some of your points I also believe a decent game balance can be achieved.

The starting point is this, which game mode does the core balance need to be rooted on?

-sPvP?

-WvW?

-OpenWorld?

-Dungeon&Fractals?

-Raid?

And my answer would be sPvP. Why? Because it's standardized and it should offer the fairest game experience. 

WvW balance can be worked out by applying minor changes to the already balanced sPvP system.

PvE balance can be worked out by applying minor changes to the already balanced WvW system and so on.

Without a core starting point and without considering all the game modes for balance purposes there can be no balance in this game.

There is nothing to be ashamed of in failures, as long as people learn from their mistakes.

Things is that if it's balance only ok.

But if we speak of design you can't just design it for pvp first.
There is ton of things that you can't do if you focus only on one gamemode, some mechanics are usless in some gamemode but really great and fun in others.

Spellbreaker ? the whole design is for wvw/pvp, what the point of having bubble that stripboon, to be able to counter and all the others kitten when in pve all of this is usless,
That an exemple of design that will never be created if devs will only focus on pve.

Druid is designed for instancied pve content, it's so good and give so much and is so well made for a healer, it's a fun gameplay.
But it's come at a cost, it's was so well made for pve instance content that it's shits outside like in pvp/wvw.

And you have tons of others things like that, the problem is that you can't design something nice without focusing on a gamemode or it's jsut will become stale, you need to accept that.

There is others things i could use but we have enough exemple
(the class necro itself is an perfect exemple of a things that was design for one gamemode to)

Edited by WindBlade.8749