Anet devs main revenant, hate rangers

Zereqiel.8249

1 hour ago, Jski.6180 said:

5 player only content what i was saying.

Must have missed that, due to us talking about general balance, PvP, fractals, raids before - and you even specifically mentioning "PvE events" (so, open world) and WvW. Unfortunately, I didn't know that open world and WvW were 5 player only content.

Why not give SB staces quirkness and druid glyphes alacrity?

SB is a dps espec. We should not be piling stuff and roles one on another, unbalancing the game even worse than it already is. We should be removing easy major boon applications from dps specs, not adding more. I keep repeating that, but you seem to not understand that point (or not care about balance in the slightest).

Edited by Astralporing.1957

16 hours ago, Xeon.5768 said:

By saying "not a single instance game mode can compete with open world farms", do you mean like 10-man afk multiboxing in domain of istan or something? If not, the best gold-per-hour farming is not in open world atm

No, I'm refering to actually play the game. In terms of gold and converting stuff into gold, most of the instanced content outside fractals are crap (that includes dungeons, raids and strikes). Fractals are good sources of gold, but with at least three handicaps: you need to play high fractals to maximize the rewards, those are harder so you may have some fails which increase the time (so the rewards/hour are lower) and the best rewards come from non-repeteable daily fractals (so you get plenty of gold in the first run but not so much repeating those). Then compare: I can farm the same gold in x hour just farming oricalcum alone, and can repeat the cycle with each character, for hours and hours; I can farm for hours Dragonfall or Drizzlewood, with the only limiting factor being the keys for chests (getting them spents time with less rewards, which again decreases value, but the ratio is still ecellent). I can farm Shiny Baubles for hours and hours (a bit lower profit x hour but can be repeated at nauseam...). 

So yeah, instanced content and their snob rules about what you should and shouldn't run in terms of gear, builds and team composition can go to hell; I earn way more gold playing solo in open world content. You can farm GW2 in BDO style without touching instanced content and end being richer than the players in guilds obsessed with min-maxing raids and fractals.

20 hours ago, Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

In fractals condi ranger is still a think and has a burst of 60k at least.

Are you assuming the full stacks of bleeding, poison and burning right at the exposed state?

A discretize pre-patch log is attached, which shows the highest burst of c slb was a bit below 60k using full precasting.

https://dps.report/P21Y-20210228-233803_ai

With the new change of exposed state to 100% condition dmg boost, it is possible to achieve over 60 or even 70k. However, this assumes breaking the defiance bar right when the full stacks of bleeding, poison and burning are reached, which is generally not the case in most of the daily group runs.

Golem number certainly does not reflect everything but it is a good indicator of a class's performance on no-phase or long-phase fights. Condition soulbeast is obviously underperforming than any other condition classes at the moment.

Lastly, condition scourge is the new pug meta, which outputs steady dps between 35k to 45k in CM100, with the least efforts on not only its own rotation but also dealing with mechs. With the new nerf on torment change from 33% to 25%, it loses a little bit but still is very strong in pugs.

In high end groups, cfb and c slb should probably still be meta because of stance sharing and its tome options. Will have to wait for some time until the new record logs come out.

Edited by Xeon.5768

4 hours ago, Xeon.5768 said:

Are you assuming the full stacks of bleeding, poison and burning right at the exposed state?

A discretize pre-patch log is attached, which shows the highest burst of c slb was a bit below 60k using full precasting.

https://dps.report/P21Y-20210228-233803_ai

With the new change of exposed state to 100% condition dmg boost, it is possible to achieve over 60 or even 70k. However, this assumes breaking the defiance bar right when the full stacks of bleeding, poison and burning are reached, which is generally not the case in most of the daily group runs.

Golem number certainly does not reflect everything but it is a good indicator of a class's performance on no-phase or long-phase fights. Condition soulbeast is obviously underperforming than any other condition classes at the moment.

Lastly, condition scourge is the new pug meta, which outputs steady dps between 35k to 45k in CM100, with the least efforts on not only its own rotation but also dealing with mechs. With the new nerf on torment change from 33% to 25%, it loses a little bit but still is very strong in pugs.

In high end groups, cfb and c slb should probably still be meta because of stance sharing and its tome options. Will have to wait for some time until the new record logs come out.

Well the 60k were on 99 cm B1 while I did 58k . Yeah the condition Scourge can be good at least my experience is in the first phase of 100 cm it get me sometimes but after this I have a really hard time not to be top dps xD. One of the reason certainly is I'm fractal god on many top players quit or went hiatus or doing something else atm. The other reason is while they nerfed Ash of justice the change from SoJ to Purging Flammes basically undone a lot of the nerf (because you lay just 1 skill instead of pressing it 4x with 1 s cast) and it makes the rota easier. (which also makes it very suitable for PvP)

I'm sorry sometimes for  the players which comes with me when I play cFB when I'm doing on some encounter nearly 40k or more and they struggle to do 11k dps because my Tomb 1 reset constantly  and this I mean very real.

On 5/27/2021 at 6:33 PM, Jski.6180 said:

5 player only content what i was saying.

Why not give SB staces quirkness and druid glyphes alacrity?

You still have the ability to blast fire fields for might there nothing in the game that lets you blast x field for quickness or alacrity.

Definitely no. I say that as a ranger. 

There's a reason why we refer to chrono and druid as a "jail" and that's because people demand it so much that playing that class physically means at some point someone's gonna demand you do it. 

Mesmer is in such a weird place because of it. 

As a mesmer. Your gonna be absically demanded to play a utility role. Jailed to providing something. 

Wanna be chrono Ur gonna tank or be a quickness supplier wanna mirage your gonna be asked for alcrity. Like the likelyhood that you will join a raid and be a DPS. Is so unlikely because how much it fills. 

I definitely don't want ranger feeling like that same jail where it ends up binded to certain builds because it's needed. I'm pretty happy that I can be a Soulbeast and in most parts remain a Soulbeast. 

The boon/condi system in this game I find weird, the continuous stacking of things feels weird as a whole. 

Maybe just because I'm not used to games with support roles so invested in. I mean I played FFXIV. But as a support you still were in DPS gear. You weren't forced to carry 5 sets of gear around with you incase you need boon extension stats etc etc. 

I actually really enjoy mesmer. Just all those secondary focuses put me off. Maybe that's why I like weaver aswell. Like just having a mesmer existing on my account would be risky when it comes to people demanding role fills. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jaruselka.5943 said:

If you think the devs "hate" rangers try playing a core engie sometime...

Core classes are bad in general but at least core engie getting its 3ed core trait line and an F5 from elite skills are not that bad. You have other classes who effect get nothing for being a core as all of there best effect are from elite spec trait lines and there is no uniquest effect for there core classes.

• Confused 1