ty for killing warrior anet like always

felix.2386

my friend a 7 year warrior only wvw veteran roamer and he only played warrior and today i logged in and see him on soulbeast in wvw

you can delete warrior at this point and keep holo and soulbeast and pretend you have warrior class at this point, not like they arent warrior in another skin with better skills anyway

Edited by felix.2386
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Soulbeast... in WvW.

You know spellbreaker exists right? Are you trolling?

he's a roamer i should've made it clear

also im in wvw right now and there's literally only 1 spellbreaker in our 40 men squad, and it is reset day prime time.

nobody wants to play spellbreaker because its a bubble slave bot and only guild squad forces people to play it

i've farmed wvw for 3 weeks now to push for conflux and the number of warrior i've encountered i can count it with my finger thats including zergs because that's a big fat 0 in roaming

i've literally encountered more guardian in roaming.

also do i need to mention the fact that warrior is basically non existence in pvp? both high end and low end

you oversimplify the word "killed'' to being simply a synonym to unviable.

warrior is not fun anymore and even bannerslave in pve is more fun then to play wvw with it, not gvg.

and the number shows

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

All I See is people still talking about how broken warriors are ....... cause they are thinking that warrior got too mutch cc spam. I give up on this community for sure lol.

Edit: warrior is obviolsy imo the only balanced class .... its not like they are tooo nerfed its simply like the only class that dont have access to blind aegis weekness Spam or some other defence boons like other classes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Interesting, my main is mesmer but I play mesmer just in PvE. My 2nd char is warrior, I play for PvP. I'm not complaining. Spellbreaker is good for duelist, teamfight, solo. At least better than mesmer. 

Just 1 thing I complain about warrior and that is spellbreaker, its dps is not viable for pve content. 

Edited by Suyheuti.1732

10 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

also im in wvw right now and there's literally only 1 spellbreaker in our 40 men squad, and it is reset day prime time.

nobody wants to play spellbreaker because its a bubble slave bot and only guild squad forces people to play it

Maybe that's phrased a bit too strong, but since the patch, I've already had two occasions, where we had just two or even only one spellbreaker in the squad. And I definitely do not see any in roaming. Hardly ever berserkers, either.

And I really hope it's true, because if someone ever analyzed the WvW data, they can clearly see that something is up. In PvE warrior is still in a fine place, though, spellbreaker or berserker (though I still don't know about these "support" berserkers).

2 hours ago, nthmetal.9652 said:

Maybe that's phrased a bit too strong, but since the patch, I've already had two occasions, where we had just two or even only one spellbreaker in the squad. And I definitely do not see any in roaming. Hardly ever berserkers, either.

And I really hope it's true, because if someone ever analyzed the WvW data, they can clearly see that something is up. In PvE warrior is still in a fine place, though, spellbreaker or berserker (though I still don't know about these "support" berserkers).

Those "support" Berserkers are banner slaves.

14 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Soulbeast... in WvW.

You know spellbreaker exists right? Are you trolling?

I did the exact same thing, though. I don't think he's talking about me, but the details are eerily similar - exclusively roamed on warrior (mostly solo) for 6-7 years, abandoned the class about six months ago to play ranger (currently soulbeast). Ranger is a better warrior than a warrior, tbh.

Some people can make it work, but they're paying a huge opportunity cost in doing so.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, I'm aware.  All it takes for a profession to have a "strong support" build is, take two support powers. No matter that the rest of the build is still full DPS. Especially as these strong support options are so useful in all game modes, especially those, where battles are very mobile.

Edited by nthmetal.9652

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

There's also a (PVE) tactics berserker that does damage on par with spellbreaker (at least pre-patch) ~ 30K or so rather than just providing banners. It provides empower allies if you have a mostly power comp.

For WvW roaming it is ultimately down to mobility, soulbeast merged bonus is immense (+30% movement speed for starters...). However, if they aren't running glass then if the rapid fire is dodged , evaded, or blocked (assuming the normal longbow + greatsword combo) then it's not that much pressure. Many soulbeasts that aren't very good also burst into reflects so there's that. Unlike in conquest PVP , players can't always play off a capture point or structure to line of sight : in WvW because structures nearly always favor rangers over warriors it is a disadvantage from the start.

I would say (as usual) that berserker spec needs help in competitive because ultimately it only is taken when there is outside support or for gunflame type memes. Whether it is PVP/WVW: spellbreaker is the defacto choice because of boon potency , without the ability to rip boons at all you would need high damage and the ability to constantly pressure or spike someone. Since most CC has had its damage taken away and the majority of warrior damage is melee , gap closers such as rush, savage leap, bull's charge, or shield bash must be used.

I've only ever used banner in WVW for the res/finishing on Battle Standard.

Edited by Infusion.7149

Can we roll off the God awful change they made to banners? Light fields? 

Even more stupid than b4. Did they rly think that would be enough? We criticized this when the patch released, but now after trying to use those banners, I can say they are useless in competitive. No one would ever play warrior cleanser with banners. Shouts and their respective runes are there. 

Whatever, I'm just ranting. Kinda sad this fully shows how anet doesn't read the forums at all for every single warrior calling a banner being mounted, a mobile buff even at the cost of stats. 

But I do love listening to improvements from other warriors here so eh. 

But I find this highly interesting. I very rarely see high DPS SpB in WvW, because that game mode is so different, but in PvE that seems to be rather common. The Spellbreakers I see indeed can do quite considerable damage even in WvW, but usually are not taken along, because you give up so much in terms of control and in terms of damage + something else, other professions seem just better equipped. The damage Spellbreakers I have witnessed in squads do not do adequate stripping, they obviously do little hard CC because of the damage loss, but usually even their soft CC is severely lessened, due to so many traits being needed to reach high damage numbers. And at that point, most of them can still raise their damage by going into berserker.

4 minutes ago, nthmetal.9652 said:

But I find this highly interesting. I very rarely see high DPS SpB in WvW, because that game mode is so different, but in PvE that seems to be rather common. The Spellbreakers I see indeed can do quite considerable damage even in WvW, but usually are not taken along, because you give up so much in terms of control and in terms of damage + something else, other professions seem just better equipped. The damage Spellbreakers I have witnessed in squads do not do adequate stripping, they obviously do little hard CC because of the damage loss, but usually even their soft CC is severely lessened, due to so many traits being needed to reach high damage numbers. And at that point, most of them can still raise their damage by going into berserker.

DPS spellbreaker in zergs is usually a class that someone would take for decicive and strong offensive pushes. Or if it's a pug tag running anything. And since most engagements are 60% kiting and broadside battles from range, said spellbreaker offers nothing, unlike Berserkers who can take value out of longbow (which I personally don't like, as I find sword/axe much better). 

In any case, Minstrel spellbreaker is a must have in guild setups. Even then you need like a spellbreaker every 2 parties as it rly only has value for WoD. 

Scourges and Chronos playing smart vastly outstrip spellbreakers but disenchantment is very strong still. 

So I'd say I see warriors, but they are stuck in a particular role which other classes can fill. 

Boonstrip/Support spellbreaker is a Tier 2 class for zerging and DPS Spellbreaker a Tier 3 if not 4.

40 minutes ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

Didnt yor 7 years warrior friend tried condi berserker for roaming? cause is one of the best builds 

Most players with any skill will eat those for breakfast. The exception potentially being super tanky and trying to win by attrition, which is bad in small scale unless someone else is picking up the damage pressure or they stick around long enough for you to win and you're not interrupted.

We just have to keep strong and find ways to outplay our enemies! 

And then get called op cause our enemy didn't understand the massive visual tell of Headbutt, decapitate, bull's charge, but we mange to unload a successful burst killing them in the process, especially if they don't know what stun breaks do.