Soo... I'm doing PvP legendary amulet for... nothing?

1 hour ago, Katary.7096 said:

Most legendary items in the game require the dedication of a certain amount of time. So the PvE amulet would not be special in that regard. It may or may not come without the usual material or gold sink which would make this item stand out from the rest.

I guess I just meant the amount of time that it will take, from start to finish.

• 1 month later...

Exactly my thoughts, as pvp and wvw player I only have legendaries from this game modes. Light and heavy set of pvp armor, a few weapons, Ascendacy, conflux and transcendence. Can we at least choose what trinket we are getting. As everyone who don't play much pve  I would greatly prefer to get accessory or ring. I see a lot ppl complaining about game "forces" them to do wvw (gift of battle). Imagine how badly we are "forced" to do pve. 

Give us choice!

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Modliszka.5027 said:

Exactly my thoughts, as pvp and wvw player I only have legendaries from this game modes. Light and heavy set of pvp armor, a few weapons, Ascendacy, conflux and transcendence. Can we at least choose what trinket we are getting. As everyone who don't play much pve  I would greatly prefer to get accessory or ring. I see a lot ppl complaining about game "forces" them to do wvw (gift of battle). Imagine how badly we are "forced" to do pve. 

Give us choice!

If you don't play pve that much then you're probably not interested in replaying all of the lw episodes. If you need something else, then maybe you can just go for a pve trinket you want instead of... the one you don't want, but still go for it for some reason? Getting this amulet will take like half a year. You can get other trinkets before that and not even bother with the one you don't need.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If you don't play pve that much then you're probably not interested in replaying all of the lw episodes. If you need something else, then maybe you can just go for a pve trinket you want instead of... the one you don't want, but still go for it for some reason? Getting this amulet will take like half a year. You can get other trinkets before that and not even bother with the one you don't need.

The point is you can do this meta achi in 1-2 hours, but farming for aurora takes a few days with this drop rate. I've done meta reply of bloodstone fen in about 90 minutes, and spend another 3 hours to get only 5/14 mastery of this. So it's about efficiency.

Edit: not to mention resources dump called mystic tribute.

Edited by Modliszka.5027
Add something

20 minutes ago, Modliszka.5027 said:

The point is you can do this meta achi in 1-2 hours, but farming for aurora takes a few days with this drop rate. I've done meta reply of bloodstone fen in about 90 minutes, and spend another 3 hours to get only 5/14 mastery of this. So it's about efficiency.

You've done a replay in about 90 minutes and it's just one part of it. To get the trinket you'll need 24 meta achievements which you still know nothing about and even considering all of them will take these 90 minutes on average per your claim, it's literally 36 hours of playing the game, not even accounting for the fact that for now you'll wait almost half a year for them to actually be available at all. You do what you want, you can use those 36 ingame hours of non-stop playtime to get something else instead, timegated or not. You make a choice to go for something else and then you complain that you deserve better despite claiming you don't even want to do pve in the first place, which for now is all you'll do here in the similar type of content lol.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You've done a replay in about 90 minutes and it's just one part of it. To get the trinket you'll need 24 meta achievements which you still know nothing about and even considering all of them will take these 90 minutes on average per your claim, it's literally 36 hours of playing the game, not even accounting for the fact that for now you'll wait almost half a year for them to actually be available at all. You do what you want, you can use those 36 ingame hours of non-stop playtime to get something else instead, timegated or not. You make a choice to go for something else and then you complain that you deserve better despite claiming you don't even want to do pve in the first place, which for now is all you'll do here in the similar type of content 

Let's establish some facts:

1. Mystic Tribute alone is 1688 g atm

2. Collections to any legendary trinket will take far more than 36 hours.

3. You get legendary amulet for 36 hours of gameplay.

4. You have 1 amulet slot and 2 for rings and accessories.

Please show me how I can get any legendary trinket in 36 hours. Excluding being in top pvp team and win every mAT you participate or some global championship.

My only plea is that we have choice of trinket type.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I see it this way , if you dont like grinding pve content then you have other ways to get the legendary stuff through wvw pvp. If you dont like doing pvp stuffs then you get it through the pve content. No one is being left out, get your legendary in the content you like doing.

3 hours ago, Modliszka.5027 said:

1. Mystic Tribute alone is 1688 g atm

2. Collections to any legendary trinket will take far more than 36 hours.

3. You get legendary amulet for 36 hours of gameplay.

4. You have 1 amulet slot and 2 for rings and accessories.

Please show me how I can get any legendary trinket in 36 hours. Excluding being in top pvp team and win every mAT you participate or some global championship.

My only plea is that we have choice of trinket type.

1. You can earn that in any way you want, in content you prefer to play.

2. If you're slow 😁

3. Considering every meta achievement will be the same (which is an unknown, while you claim you're "establishing facts" 🤔) and your pretty much randomly generated number is correct

4. ...so what?

Please show me how you get the new legendary amulet within the next 36 hours. Your time starts now.

My only plea is for you to stop pretending that you're being punished in any way here, because you play what you want and then complain that it's not rewarding you something else, when you knew the reward from the start. Sounds entitled.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I see it this way , if you dont like grinding pve content then you have other ways to get the legendary stuff through wvw pvp. If you dont like doing pvp stuffs then you get it through the pve content. No one is being left out, get your legendary in the content you like doing.

Ok, show me the way to get legendary accessory via pvp or wvw

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Modliszka.5027 said:

PS. Don't you really see how giving easily achieveable legendary amulet is unfair for players who crafted Transcendence?

What about the many months players with transcendence already had to use it while those of us not into pvp won't get to use a legendary amulet for many months yet? You could just as well say that's unfair, because those with Transcendence had use of it considerably earlier than those who rely on the new amulet.

Online games like GW2 evolve, and part of that is that best-in-slot equipment is not guaranteed to remain best-in-slot nor guaranteed to be the most efficient way to get an equivalent piece of equipment forever. It's not a question of fairness, it's simply evolution. Things change, for the better for some, for worse for others. Early adopters always run the risk that things will be easier and/or cheaper to get (much) later. There's nothing fair or unfair about it.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

What about the many months players with transcendence already had to use it while those of us not into pvp won't get to use a legendary amulet for many months yet? You could just as well say that's unfair, because those with Transcendence had use of it considerably earlier than those who rely on the new amulet.

Online games like GW2 evolve, and part of that is that best-in-slot equipment is not guaranteed to remain best-in-slot nor guaranteed to be the most efficient way to get an equivalent piece of equipment forever. It's not a question of fairness, it's simply evolution. Things change, for the better for some, for worse for others. Early adopters always run the risk that things will be easier and/or cheaper to get (much) later. There's nothing fair or unfair about it.

I respect your point of view, but don't you think that giving players the choice of legendary trinket is win-win scenario? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Modliszka.5027 said:

Ok, show me the way to get legendary accessory via pvp or wvw

I was talking legendary in general but no as of now there is no accessory. There are 2 legendary rings and amulets through pvp and wvw. But accessories are pve only , maybe that changes in EoD, you know anet is not the fastest thing on wheels. 

new legendary should replace be ring instead, one ring for raid, one ring for wvw and one ring for pvp.

just like armor and backpiece, only fair game.

making it pvp replaceable, it's non sense, pve already having the most type of legendary trinket with the most options.

even back one step, lets say aurora and vision are lore and not pve, so we would have one unique trinket for pvp, one unique trinket for raid and one unique trinket for wvw, then it would be worse introducing a new trinket that can replace the unique trinket of pvp only.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Give us a choice on what legendary trinket to pick at the end of the “return” bonus events. Making the end reward be exclusively a legendary amulet is a big “Go kitten yourself!” to all those who spent time and effort working on transcendence.

I am willing to bet the reason anet picked the legendary amulet reward is because out of all the legendary trinkets, it is the least common to have. Few players have the ability to get the 20 tourney wins required for the non slumbering version. So anet decided to sacrifice the efforts of the very few who did that.

GIVE US A CHOICE!!!

• Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Xentera.4560 said:

Making the end reward be exclusively a legendary amulet is a big “Go kitten yourself!” to all those who spent time and effort working on transcendence.

Why....? That would be the case if the reward of the living world was... Trascendence, but it isn't, is a new amulet with presumably different visual effects. Now you can get the amulet through pve or pvp, whatever you want.

This is a start on the right direction, to make legendary trinkets available to all content, instead of having pve exclusive accesories and pvp exclusive amulet. I really hope EoD includes new accesories obtainable through pvp/wvw for those who are not interested on raids or living world.

Seriously, I fail to see what is the problem with the new amulet.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Seriously, I fail to see what is the problem with the new amulet.

And I wouldn’t expect you to see the problem. I wouldn’t expect anyone who didn’t go through the notions of making one to understand why this feels like a major betrayal. 

Having said that, I don’t know you. But I’m willing to bet a million kittens that you don’t have the transcendence.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Xentera.4560 said:

And I wouldn’t expect you to see the problem. I wouldn’t expect anyone who didn’t go through the notions of making one to understand why this feels like a major betrayal. 

Having said that, I don’t know you. But I’m willing to bet a million kittens that you don’t have the transcendence.

I don't have trascendence but I do have many legendary armors and backpacks and I couldn't care less if Anet made ways to get easier or cheaper versions of what I have for other game modes. I don't need to be in your place to understand you (perhaps you do need that lol), it is your sentiment about feeling betrayed against the common sense of making different ways to get legendary equipment for those who don't like the same gamemodes than you.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 12:00 PM, Daniel.9240 said:

If legendary armory is what I think it will be... My efforts are practically nullified by a pve event?

PD: ty

Only if your efforts were directed exclusively at having the utility one legendary amulet for one character.  Multiple characters?  Armory is awesome.  Want the skin?  PvP is still the only way to do it.  Only care about having a legendary amulet and not care about the skin?  The new pve event based leggie amulet is awesome, doesn't force those of us who want a leggie amulet to spend an atrocious amount of time in what we consider to be a terrible game mode.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Wow, who needs judges when we already have random mental teenagers on Internet deciding which arguments are valid and which ones aren't!

Right, because you need to be a “mental teenage judge” to figure out that someone arguing that  getting something for next to free, that others spent countless time and effort on, is fair; is not a valid argument.

Edited by Xentera.4560
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Xentera.4560 said:

Right, because you need to be a “mental teenage judge” to figure out that someone arguing that  getting something for next to free, that others spent countless time and effort on, is fair; is not a valid argument.

Who's getting anything for free? In game I have a legendary amulet collection that comes after a path through every living world of both story and achievements! And in fact we dodn't know yet the last step to get the amulet since the number of episodes doesn't match the number of achievements needed to get the amulet!

Seems like we have different concepts of the meaning of "free", but what would I know since my arguments are invalid according to some rando of a forum crying because of his feelings of betrayal.

Whatever dude, enjoy.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 6:09 PM, Bast.7253 said:

I still think it should be an option to choose either an accessory/ring/amulet rather than locked into just being an amulet. The pvp amulet is relatively easy to get, at least the slumbering version, so a lot of people that are serious about acquiring legendaries will already have an amulet.

Please give us an option to choose another piece moving forward. I'd like to complete the current animation for the pve set but being able to quickly fill my last missing spot will make the legendary armory addition that much more amazing. And I don't want to grind out another 1400 skirmish tickets in wvw. 😞

So living world releases always had a different trinket to go with, and this isn’t different. I could see in the future possibly having another pve ring to get, a legendary aquabreather, etc with living world. They can also expand fractals and raids and include other new effect trinkets, etc. in a way you will be able to have more options (of course with slumbering version, etc). I think if they gave you an option to choose it would be an effectless legendary. I doubt they are going to make new legendaries without effects otherwise it would be boring to go after and useless to get if you already have a legendary trinket (exception being runes sigils they don’t need effects). I like going for this amulet thinking I might get a new effect, and it’s not taking away money I’m using to make other legendaries I need. I already have pvp amulet so getting a duplicate would have to be worth getting to do it. These new achievements will def be worth. So don’t worry, there may be more options to look forward to, but unfortunatel we’ll be waiting a while for those releases if they do come.