Soo... I'm doing PvP legendary amulet for... nothing?

7 hours ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

For the longest, certain legendary items could only be won through PvP and WvW.  I don't think it too much to ask if PvE player are afforded the same.

Yes... And no...

If you are referring to the backpack piece. Every game mode has its own, representing an achievement on that aspect. Ascension for pvp, the infused fractal thing for pve and the war thing for wvw.

Trinkets, in the other hand, they were, until recent update, one per game aspect (except lore, which have 2). So, being fully Legendary meant that you went for all gw2 modes. You deserved it.

But with this new legendary amulet it's like saying "hey pvp guys, I don't care about your time and effort". What could have happened if they had said "let's replace conflux, or aurora, or vision or the another one"? A wildcard trinket would be a painless option for every one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Daniel.9240 said:

But with this new legendary amulet it's like saying "hey pvp guys, I don't care about your time and effort".

Considering that the only use of said amulet for SPvP players lies in visuals, and this new one is definitely going to have a different one, i think you got the message wrong. Or you don;t look at it from the point of view of a PvP player.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Do you honestly think the pve legendary will be that easy?

You're assuming the last step for the legendary amulet will be as easy as the first step shown, to which I have no doubt it will not be, given it's Anet and their love for long and draining collections, there is going to be a cost somewhere. If it ends up being as easy as the first step then I would be mind blown shocked.

I expect a full blown legendary collection step in there in season 5 areas, which may turn this into something harder and way more expensive than the pvp one. Also do people feel like gen 2 legendary disrespected their time on gen 1 legendary? That's essentially all this will end up being. Eventually I expect there will be legendary slots available in each area of the game much like the backpieces and armor, well except weapons.

Also hearing pvp is full of bots these days... is it really a wasted effort or in fact the easier way? Hmmm.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Get this. It will be a ball about the size of an Asura, and it glitters, 'cause something something Aurene something something Dragon Champion.

I would love it if it whispered "something something Aurene something something Dragon Champion" every time you unsheathe your weapons. 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Daniel.9240 said:

Yes... And no...

If you are referring to the backpack piece. Every game mode has its own, representing an achievement on that aspect. Ascension for pvp, the infused fractal thing for pve and the war thing for wvw.

Trinkets, in the other hand, they were, until recent update, one per game aspect (except lore, which have 2). So, being fully Legendary meant that you went for all gw2 modes. You deserved it.

But with this new legendary amulet it's like saying "hey pvp guys, I don't care about your time and effort". What could have happened if they had said "let's replace conflux, or aurora, or vision or the another one"? A wildcard trinket would be a painless option for every one.

You'll forgive me when I say I find your analysis jaded. Regardless, giving someone an option outside of PvP isn't sticking it to PvP players. Quite the opposite. Again, regardless, it's moot. It's happening. And I for one and happy about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Were raider's efforts nullified when they released PVP and WvW armor?

Were fractal player's efforts nullified when they released the PVP and WvW backpieces?

Were gen 1 legendary weapons nullified when they released gen 2?

Will gen 2 legendary weapons be nullified when they release gen 3?

The answer is no.

No one put a gun to your head and made you get the PvP amulet.  You chose to get it because you wanted it.  Every legendary has a different amount of effort and gold cost associated with it.  You knew what the time/effort/costs to obtain Transcendence were before you started working on it.  You did the calculation and you determined it was worth the effort.  The fact that they may release a new amulet that's easier to get  doesn't take away from your achievement of getting the PVP amulet.  The PVE amulet will more than likely look completely different anyway.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

No, you’re not doing it for nothing. You get a nice effect as a result that you won’t get with this amulet in pve. It could have a different effect or none at all. In the end, it gives players options. If you need the amulet now, you could finish the pvp one and be ready for the armory. Otherwise, you would have to play through all the pve achievements, which will take time. You may not have that amulet until November. The PVE amulet is not free. It requires the time and dedication to play through 24 sets of achievements. We still don’t know all of the requirements to complete each one, so it could amount to a legendary task.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I don’t see how the release of this amulet invalidates progress toward the PvP variant. When Warbringer was released (it being the last legendary back piece released), did that invalidate the effort of WvW players that had gotten The Ascension or Ad Infinitium?

If you’ve already gotten the PvP amulet, then this should be of no concern. In fact, I hope they do this with all the trinkets; make variants available in each of the three game modes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

No, you’re not doing it for nothing. You get a nice effect as a result that you won’t get with this amulet in pve. It could have a different effect or none at all. In the end, it gives players options. If you need the amulet now, you could finish the pvp one and be ready for the armory. Otherwise, you would have to play through all the pve achievements, which will take time. You may not have that amulet until November. The PVE amulet is not free. It requires the time and dedication to play through 24 sets of achievements. We still don’t know all of the requirements to complete each one, so it could amount to a legendary task.

The time alone constitutes a legendary requirement.

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2021 at 3:33 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Yes that would be fair. I assume you will also accept the fairness of PvE loot being nerfed by 90% so that you top out at around 5g/h instead of 50g/h so that you can avoid being 6h or so in WvW/sPvP.

According to Mike O, PvP accounted for about 10% of the player base. Successful businesses are always going to cater to the majority. PvP and raiders get the short end of the stick because they're the smallest communities.  It sucks, I'm sure, but it's logical. In an MMO someone is always going to be disenfranchised at some point. A company has to make sure it's the smallest group. Too bad the two smallest demographics are the loudest.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Too bad the two smallest demographics are the loudest.

Unlike the silent largest demographic that complain up and down the forums because they have to spend 0.001% of their time in PvP?

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

We don't know yet if the PvE Legendary Amulet will have its own unique aura. I have Transcendence, and it's a cool matching look for Conflux, but if the new amulet has a better effect then yes, I'll be switching over. I do hope that ANet will have a way for us to "recycle" unwanted Legendary items though; I'm not expecting to get EVERYTHING back, but just the Gift of Fortune/Mystic Tribute would be nice.

8 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

The time alone constitutes a legendary requirement.

Most legendary items in the game require the dedication of a certain amount of time. So the PvE amulet would not be special in that regard. It may or may not come without the usual material or gold sink which would make this item stand out from the rest.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Unlike the silent largest demographic that complain up and down the forums because they have to spend 0.001% of their time in PvP?

You mean the six guys that complain a year about it?  You must be reading different forums than I am.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I still think it should be an option to choose either an accessory/ring/amulet rather than locked into just being an amulet. The pvp amulet is relatively easy to get, at least the slumbering version, so a lot of people that are serious about acquiring legendaries will already have an amulet.

Please give us an option to choose another piece moving forward. I'd like to complete the current animation for the pve set but being able to quickly fill my last missing spot will make the legendary armory addition that much more amazing. And I don't want to grind out another 1400 skirmish tickets in wvw. 😞

• Confused 1