Which obnoxious spells and mechanics would you like to see reworked?

Aodlop.1907

11 hours ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

Huge missed opportunity to add a flash indicator before an attack fires from stealth. 

Like in fps games where you're able to see a small flash before the sniper volley.

Probably more difficult here since everything is so close and projectiles move so fast, but it's at least something.

Thief skills like steal  make a sound which is supposed to be a queue to recognize the skill. Unfortunately that only work in theory, in reality because of ping and noise clutter (other effects, your own skills, background music) is not a good design in an competitive mmo to make the queues about sound. 

Remove pathing from many skills, especialy Renegade (Kalla) skills, and all teleports (Shadowstep, Blink)!

Whirling Axe —  Increase CD to 20s; remove movement (your character shouldn't be able to move during channeling) — this is a high-damage skill, you shouldn't use it without any risk.

e.g. Churning Earth (ele; eff-hand dagger /earth) — high damage, long channel, but you can't move.

Daggerstorm — Remove movement from this skill. Can deal more damage or be longer, but don't let people run around the map as a shredding tornado.

Deadeye's Mark — I would like to see an ability to cancel it. [Deadeye's Mark -> Cancel Deadeye's Mark (available for few secs or after few secs). I know there's Mercy, but being able to cancel it without any refunds (no special buffs, no initiative return) would be nice.

But if you cancel your Deadeye's Mark, you shouldn't be able to gain another stolen skill for a brief time.

Maybe Mercy could get a rework.

Guardian's  traps — they should disarm after character's death.

Guardian's scepter — create a legit AA chain.

Mistlock Singularity — it should reset only at character's death, not whole party.

Boon strip at the beginning of Fractal Boss.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:32 PM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

You know, I really think chrono shatters are just repainted mesmer shatters, which isn't exactly satisfying. I was thinking chrono shatters could get more powerful variations of the core shatters, but these new shatters would be counterbalanced by having a cast time; the idea is to remove instacast damage because the interaction with continuum split basically become something like "just throw everything you have because there's no drawback"; the drawback would now become the cast time.

- F1 would still deal raw damage, but instead of running toward their target, illusions run towards you. When the clones touch you, you get an explosive entrance-like effect (as in: your next attack causes an AoE around you for additional damage). Every clone shattered gives you an additional stack of this effect; still fills the "raw damage" role the original F1 has, but in a very different way.
- F2 could make clones run towards you, just like F1. When they touch you, you start pulsing the shatter around you (and every clone grants one more pulse); this shatter, unlike the one on core mesmer, wouldn't deal damage (or maybe just 1 damage to proc reveal if used in stealth), but on every successful tick it transfers a condition from you to your opponent. Still fills the "condi damage" role the original F2 has, but the burst is much less frontloaded burst (4 clones would cause 4 pulses over 4 seconds around you), changing the playstyle from condi chrono and condi core well enough; additionally, transfering a condition would really change the playstyle of a chronomancer, giving the class a very moderate amount of condi cleanse
- F3: every clone turns into a projectile and yeets itself towards its targeted foe. These projectiles would lose the daze we're used to have on F3, but every clone shattered would deal weakness + chilled + slow, 1s each. The idea is that a chronomancer, thematically, should control time, but rn this doesn't really happen... with this change, F3 would basically slow time on the given target (reduced endurance regen from weaknesss + reduced cd recharge\movement speed on chilled + increased cast times on slow... everything regarding your character would basically be slowed). Other than being thematically consistent with what a chrono should do, this new shatter would still fill the "disruptive" role it serves rn, but in a very different way; not an instacast interrupt tool, but rather something you'd use to pin down and finish an opponent

F4 is different enough from distortion, so I wouldn't touch it, and I don't think there's any need to lower its cooldown, since it already allows mesmers to bypass the cooldowns other skills have to balance their strong effects (thinking mainly about signet of humility)

All in all, I believe these changes would help really differentiate chrono from core, just like dragonhunter is vastly different from core guard despite having their f1/f2/f3 serving the same general purpose (burning people\healing\blocking attacks). And, most of all, this would change a lot in how shatters interact with continuum split, and I believe they would force chronomancers to behave in a very different way (F1 and F2 would work only on melee range, but F2 would provide some cleanse too, giving the class a tool to actually stay in melee without getting shredded by the lack of distortion)

This is a really nice suggestion on shatters. I was also of the opinion that the new Chrono shatters were just repainted old shatters and wanted a fundamental change to them. The repainted shatters barely made Chronos stand out from core Mesmer, and honestly it just made Chronomancer mesmer part 2. 

On 5/30/2021 at 9:11 PM, Aktium.9506 said:

Seriously?

Rifle 5 > About Face > Acid Bomb was as good as a 1200 range teleport. And you often saw Slick Shoes on the same build which had the superspeed toolbelt skill. The good Engis were fast as heck.

Rifle 5 > About Face > Acid Bomb was as good as a 1200 range teleport

not even close. also, its worse than thief mes ele which was my main point

Crowd Control in general, way way way too strong in this game. Diminishing returns or a similar system to prevent 5+ seconds of stunlocking.

Transfers, should probably transfer a set amount of stacks like corrupts do. 

Invulns/evades/blocks/similar need a looking at

Mobility is essentially impossible to counter except by running even more mobility or by running more support and just completely ignoring them. 

Busted long cd skills. Such as ghastly breach, winds of disenchantment, light, gravity well etc are pretty poor design in WvW

Edited by lodjur.1284

On 5/29/2021 at 1:43 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

1. Engineer: Improve toolkit AA chain speed.

Whoa, that's a dangerous request, lol.

Kind of joking but also serious. It'd be nice to have the AA speed increased, but the Power coeff would definitely have to be reduced too. As is, it's just about knowing the right time to use it. Usually I'll mix in some Tk autos when I've got Quickness, when someone is CC'd but I don't want to use another hard hitting attack, or when I can afford to trade hits. Many times I've seen that third auto go upwards of 9k, although usually it's around 5 - 6k. 

It would feel nicer to be faster and/or smoother, but personally I like it as it is because it hits hard and it's rewarding to use. One of those skills where you can't just spam it and do well, but if you use it right you'll see the impact.

Edited by Shroud.2307

I would like to see them reworking how dual wielding creates new weapon sets. As of right now only weapon skill 3 gets changed but this oftentimes leads to dumpsterfires with no real synergy between the skills. What and how many of them get replaced per weapon combo should be done on a case by case basis to ensure that we get working weapon sets where the individual weapon skills don't work against each other.

7 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

Whoa, that's a dangerous request, lol.

Kind of joking but also serious. It'd be nice to have the AA speed increased, but the Power coeff would definitely have to be reduced too. As is, it's just about knowing the right time to use it. Usually I'll mix in some Tk autos when I've got Quickness, when someone is CC'd but I don't want to use another hard hitting attack, or when I can afford to trade hits. Many times I've seen that third auto go upwards of 9k, although usually it's around 5 - 6k. 

It would feel nicer to be faster and/or smoother, but personally I like it as it is because it hits hard and it's rewarding to use. One of those skills where you can't just spam it and do well, but if you use it right you'll see the impact.

The main issue is that to reach this rewarding strike you have to spam your AA. I'd rather have a quicker AA without the big strike at the end and make a smart use of Pry bar for spike damage than the current AA chain speed. But that's a personal opinion.