Skip the Laurel Bag, just deposit as soon as bouncy is open. Inventory

They do this with some items, at first PoF had a bunch of items that had to be consumed to give karma, then they were changed to automatic consume. And of course there's various places where karma, coin and other currencies do go directly into your wallet.

I'm not sure how they decide which ones do that and which go through the inventory. I agree that the reason they sometimes put an item in your inventory you have to use is because it makes it harder for the player to miss that they got something, but I'm not sure how they decide when to do that and when to put it straight in the wallet, it seems random to me.

Maybe in this case it's because a lot of the login rewards are items - mystic coins, black lion items, crafting materials etc. so they decided it's easier to make all of them items rather than have 1 or 2 days a week which work differently?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vinterberg.2783 said:

Laziness constantly reaches new levels!

You call it laziness, I call it awareness of the fragility of modern mice, and carpal tunnel syndrome. And, before you try to clap back, some people have jobs and do more with their hands than sit on them all day.

12 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Its so we see we get laurels if they were automatic we would have alot more people claim they get no laurels or only 1 each time it is the daily.

When I open the chest, it can say on the side of the screen how many laurels I got like as  with anything else.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

You call it laziness, I call it awareness of the fragility of modern mice, and carpal tunnel syndrome. And, before you try to clap back, some people have jobs and do more with their hands than sit on them all day.

When I open the chest, it can say on the side of the screen how many laurels I got like as  with anything else.

If literally one click makes your hand or finger hurt. You might not want to play at all buddy. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2021 at 3:11 PM, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I have a job now and that double click on a bag changes EVERYTHING! Whenever I reach the day with laurel bag as a log-in reward, my earnings and work productivity instantly drop by 50% and I struggle to put the bread on my family's table.

Absolutely relevant argument from your side and totally not a bad attempt at personal jab 🙃

Edited by Sobx.1758
"login" > "log-in". Off-line btw :D
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I call it awareness of the fragility of modern mice, and carpal tunnel syndrome.

If you or any other person can't handle a click to open a bag because of a medical condition, the answer here is for to review priorities on some life-impacting choices. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Math.5123 said:

If literally one click makes your hand or finger hurt. You might not want to play at all buddy. 

Yeah, Im asking for one click buddy, not two or three.

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I have a job now and that double click on a bag changes EVERYTHING! Whenever I reach the day with laurel bag as a loging reward, my earnings and work productivity instantly drop by 50% and I struggle to put the bread on my family's table.

Absolutely relevant argument from your side and totally not a bad attempt at personal jab 🙃

They reply by implying it was laziness, who are they directing it at? Did you even think about what you were writing before you posted it? (obviously yes, you edited...but still wrong assumptions were made).

The bouncy chest being opened, and the item being deposited notification on the side is more than sufficient.

Since we want to stab at "muh laziness", I'll stab at the fact that you lack any awareness as to what you are opening, despite the notifications, and you want to add more wear and tear to my mouse and limb.

Is it really only one more click? I have to click, accept the item to be deposited into inventory with a click, open inventory, and  double click again to consume, or right click and comsume (still 2 clicks). Total of 5 interactions for one item.

If you want to come at me bro, take a moment to form a decent attack.

The community and you included want to make it personal, but that can be turned back around on you.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

If you can't handle a click to open a bag because of a medical condition, the answer here is for you to review your some life choice priorities. 

I direct you to my previous post.

5 interactions for one item.

Don't worry about my life, focus on your own.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

5 interactions for one item.

That's not a problem. If someone with CTS got to the point in the game where they got the bag, then opening that bag is not a problem for them either. You're inventing non-problems to get the solution you are after. It's a big nothing. 

And yes ... sounds like laziness if these are the best reasons you can come up with to suggest the change. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's not a problem. If someone with CTS got to the point in the game where they got the bag, then opening that bag is not a problem for them either. You're inventing non-problems to get the solution you are after. It's a big nothing. 

And yes ... sounds like laziness if these are the best reasons you can come up with to suggest the change. 

You don't see it as a problem, that's your perspective.

I have pointed to reasons why it should be less interactions, you have not pointed to reasons as to why it should not be less interactions.

Instead you sum of concern for the compounding damage excessive clicks can cause to mice and limbs as laziness.

Also, it just makes sense to to deposit currency directly into the wallet, isn't that what happens for other currencies?

• Like 1

I wonder why people get so defensive about this, calling folks lazy and so on, what is the allure of all the extra clicks?

Personally I would love if most of the mini bags, vials and such were changed to become consumed on acquirement, having them pass through the inventory just seems redundant.

Edited by Tiilimon.6094
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

You don't see it as a problem, that's your perspective.

No, I just see the reasons you gave are nonsensical and the problems you list are hardly worth considering ... mice breaking and carpal tunnel? That's not the result of having to make a few clicks to open a bag in an MMO.  Again, someone with CTS playing an MMO .... then complaining they have too many clicks to make. That's ridiculous. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, I just see the reasons you gave are nonsensical ... mice breaking and carpal tunnel? That's not the result of having to make a few clicks to open a bag in an MMO.  Again, someone with CTS playing an MMO .... then complaining they ahve too many clicks to make. That's ridiculous. 

Look, with one bag, you may have a point.

But, how many items do you open up?

How many items do we need to consume to get to 300% magic find?

Guesstimate that number, and multiply it by 5 interactions.

Okay?

I'm going to approach my interaction with you using reasoning.

Please justify your stance now.

What if I open 5 items? 50? 500? 5000? 50,000? for these number 5 interactions adds up.

ok?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Please justify your stance now.

I don't need to justify the status quo, because it's the way it is. It is YOU that needs to justify the change you're suggesting because it will take work to implement for Anet. Clicking bags is at WORST, simply an annoyance. It's not game-breaking. There are other things in this game likely more pressing that are more significant that this. The problem you are trying to solve is not that big a deal. 

I mean, OK, less clicking ... no argument that would be nice and I'm not against it per say but ... not that big a problem to deserve attention, especially because of 'mice' and 'CTS'.

Edited by Obtena.7952

7 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

They reply by implying it was laziness, who are they directing it at? Did you even think about what you were writing before you posted it? (obviously yes, you edited...but still wrong assumptions were made).

I mean, it does seem like laziness. I don't exactly have much against that idea in the first place, but to pretend it's in any way tangible, let alone meaningful is just false. Your "epic comeback" about not having time to double click a bag due to w/e was just an awful attempt that has nothing to do with reality. I'd say suspecting you're lazy because a double click is somehow too straining easly made much more sense than what you've later responded with.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I mean, it does seem like laziness. I don't exactly have much against that idea in the first place, but to pretend it's in any way tangible, let alone meaningful is just false. Your "epic comeback" about not having time to double click a bag due to w/e was just an awful attempt that has nothing to do with reality. I'd say suspecting you're lazy because a double click is somehow too straining easly made much more sense than what you've later responded with.

It was an epic comeback.

I guess this is one of your alts you are arguing (poorly) for.

I asked for the laurels to be deposit into wallet after the bouncy chest interaction (two clicks).

Please note you also receive notification on the side of the screen.

This is sufficient, and the opening of the inventory to repeat a similar interaction for the same item is overly redundant.

This one flat calls me lazy, but 5 x interactions for every single item adds up.

You take a few steps back and actually think about it.

I can't understand why you are attempting to make this about me, back off bro.

Someone asks for a reasonable quality of life improvement and for the sake of bitter argument some in this "community" choose to crusade against them in the name of "laziness".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

It was an epic comeback.

I guess this is one of your alts you are arguing (poorly) for.

...what? 😆

I asked for the laurels to be deposit into wallet after the bouncy chest interaction (two clicks).

Please note you also receive notification on the side of the screen.

This is sufficient, and the opening of the inventory to repeat a similar interaction for the same item is overly redundant.

This one flat calls me lazy, but 5 x interactions for every single item adds up.

You take a few steps back and actually think about it.

I can't understand why you are attempting to make this about me, back off bro.

Someone asks for a reasonable quality of life improvement and for the sake of bitter argument some in this "community" choose to crusade against them in the name of "laziness".

Cool, this is a non-issue, but spend more time crying about it on the forum, because that shows how valuable your time is 🙃 

But ok, I took a few steps back and noticed that your claim about 5 x interactions for every single item is false. What now? You'll make up another one?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

...what? 😆

Cool, this is a non-issue, but spend more time crying about it on the forum, because that shows how valuable your time is 🙃 

But ok, I took a few steps back and noticed that your claim about 5 x interactions for every single item is false. What now? You'll make up another one?

For the bags, it is 2 clicks to open the chests, a button press to open the inventory, and double click to consume. 5 interactions.

You say it is not 5 interactions for every single item.

Ok.

So, there are items that require less interactions, and now you have no reason to justify keeping this item at 5.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

For the bags, it is 2 clicks to open the chests, a button press to open the inventory, and double click to consume. 5 interactions.

You say it is not 5 interactions for every single item.

Ok.

So, there are items that require less interactions, and now you have no reason to justify keeping this item at 5.

Thank you.

Because:

1) It is NOT 5 interactions for every item.

2) your change doesn't subtract all of the clicks, so you don't compare them all to none like you're currently trying to do if you want to make any sense anyways.

No problem.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Yeah, Im asking for one click buddy, not two or three.

The bouncy chest being opened, and the item being deposited notification on the side is more than sufficient.

Since we want to stab at "muh laziness", I'll stab at the fact that you lack any awareness as to what you are opening, despite the notifications, and you want to add more wear and tear to my mouse and limb.

Is it really only one more click? I have to click, accept the item to be deposited into inventory with a click, open inventory, and  double click again to consume, or right click and comsume (still 2 clicks). Total of 5 interactions for one item.

If you want to come at me bro, take a moment to form a decent attack.

The community and you included want to make it personal, but that can be turned back around on you.

Right click the chest. It insta accepts it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

How the "f----expletive" can you not understand they make you click the bag so you get a dopamine rush, as little as it might be, it is habit fourming and why they have a daily login reward in the 1st place, they wont take away that click without taking away the reward.

• Like 2