Shiny Cosmetics. I'm proud of this community.

OK.. so I have to say generally I hate shiny cosmetics and think they can kinda ruin a games aesthetics.  BUT! YOU LOT.! try to make them look good.  

You come up with themes.

You dye them well. 

you use them in moderation.

This community has taste and that makes me happy.

yes there are some tacky motha shut yo mouths out there but for the most part I'm picking up what you are putting down,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

I feel like I'm living in another reality, because I rarely see good looking characters. The truth is, most people lacks on originality. Male charr are literally clones, because people are thinking the same way.

Shiny characters do draw my attention — because they're ugly, tasteless, completly out-of any style. The best characters I have seen in this game didn't have any infusions, wings and shiny things exept legendary weapons.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

I feel like I'm living in another reality, because I rarely see good looking characters. The truth is, most people lacks on originality. Male charr are literally clones, because people are thinking the same way.

Shiny characters do draw my attention — because they're ugly, tasteless, completly out-of any style. The best characters I have seen in this game didn't have any infusions, wings and shiny things exept legendary weapons.

I used to teach creative writing to aspiring writers and one of the things I tried to drill into them is that the first idea you get is cliché.  So is the second. There are millions of writers out there, all writing and you may think something is really really cool but if you thought it up fast, so did 100,000 or so of those million writers.  The trick is to work your ideas like clay and mold them into something new. It takes time and discipline. Your first idea, virtually always, is going to be something done a million times before.

Everyone thinks their ideas are good because most people don't get to vet their ideas. They don't have editors and critique groups.

Most of my character looks are based around a concept, sometimes humorous, sometimes mundane, but I have a vision for those characters. That said, a couple of those characters (I have 51) are shiny.  It's just about finding your character's voice and trusting it.

• Like 4

I see a lot of characters I think look good, when I take the time to look at people.

At the risk of sounding creepy I have a folder dedicated to screenshots of other people's characters I think look cool or interesting or creative. There's a lot of variation in there, some could easily be mistaken for NPCs, others look like a walking light show, at least a couple look like walking black holes, one was an amazingly convincing hylek costume, one is The Hulk, and so on.

I think the only thing they all have in common is there's clearly been some thought put into how they look - the player had an idea and they took the time to make it happen and I enjoy seeing that creativity, even if it's not something I'd want to do myself.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I see a lot of characters I think look good, when I take the time to look at people.

At the risk of sounding creepy I have a folder dedicated to screenshots of other people's characters I think look cool or interesting or creative. There's a lot of variation in there, some could easily be mistaken for NPCs, others look like a walking light show, at least a couple look like walking black holes, one was an amazingly convincing hylek costume, one is The Hulk, and so on.

I think the only thing they all have in common is there's clearly been some thought put into how they look - the player had an idea and they took the time to make it happen and I enjoy seeing that creativity, even if it's not something I'd want to do myself.

This is how I feel too.  Some people have a real gift for creating a memorable character. 

I don't get the hate on how some dress.  It might not be my choice (heck I just run around in a Dragon Watch outfit most times).  I do wish the color contrast was turned down slight because I really can't figure out what some are wearing but I always enjoy how creative some are.

• Like 2