Living World Season 3 Return (June 29 - August 10)

I think if Taimi and Gorrick are having us relive our memories of taking down other Elder Dragons after the Jormag/Primordus finale, they'd have us relive S3 and S4, but I don't think they'd need us to relive IBS.

(Visit them in Eye of the North on a character that finished Champions if you don't know what I'm talking about)

Edited by Kaliwenda.3428
  • Like 1

It felt good to do this episode again, really the golden age of guild wars 2. The level of dialogue, the well-used gw1 lore, the atmosphere, the staging and even the cutscenes ....

we were really light years away from the saga. It's just amazing to see the difference in level, well the arena team is totally different, that explains a lot of things

the white mantle, jade armors, "lazarus" ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

it's so much better as soon as you get away from the annoying dragons

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hope they are still on track for EoD this year. If they are doing 24weeks of old stuff plus a week off at the festivals, we are looking end of November at the very earliest, just in time for Christmas. The only issue I have is they obviously wind down for the break, so I can't see it being in December, given how many bugs the seasons are giving us as it is. 

20 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

It felt good to do this episode again, really the golden age of guild wars 2. The level of dialogue, the well-used gw1 lore, the atmosphere, the staging and even the cutscenes ....

we were really light years away from the saga. It's just amazing to see the difference in level, well the arena team is totally different, that explains a lot of things

the white mantle, jade armors, "lazarus" ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

it's so much better as soon as you get away from the annoying dragons

Well used GW1 lore? Maybe some of it, but Episode 6 was a travesty.

I do agree that for the most part it was a pretty enjoyable season. I do like when we get away from the dragons. Dragons  as a premise for this game were a mistake, change my mind. 😄

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Faridah.8431 said:

Well used GW1 lore? Maybe some of it, but Episode 6 was a travesty.

I do agree that for the most part it was a pretty enjoyable season. I do like when we get away from the dragons. Dragons  as a premise for this game were a mistake, change my mind. 😄

yes it is true that the outcome with lazarus was very disappointing but the  story  of the raids(1-4) and the start of the season 3, it was really the best part in terms of exploitation of the gw1 lore.

I rather liked what they did with the white mantle, but lazarus deserved an extension on his own.

Unfortunately the guild wars 2 community is obsessed with the dragons so it would not have been possible to get away from them for too long.

however we saw how the exploitation of dragons became redundant and boring ... and that in the end ,the moments  with the white mantle, joko and balthazar were the most memorable

pity that all the cantha lore will be wasted to kill Steeve...

Edited by radda.8920
  • Haha 1

They are not going to make us go through all those JPs again, right?
This one is exceptionally painful, but I really don't need to revisit any of them. I got my achievements 😐

Diving goggles in ep. 1 worry me that this might be the case.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

This one is exceptionally painful, but I really don't need to revisit any of them. I got my achievements 😐

They’ve done every one so far that’s been released within a living story episode. There’s always that chance that they won’t but I believe it to be fairly low.  Those with that portal device from Sandswept can probably just start at the chest and glide down to each checkpoint. The first one appears to be the tightest as you have barely enough time to get to it before the timer is up. 

I’m expecting heart completion to now be required as well. Some of them can be a bit grindy. Hint: the Jade one at the NW corner of the map progresses faster by killing destroyers since they’re quicker to kill. I also can imagine there being an achievement to kill some or all of the special bosses on the map. 

Also everyone should be aware that the Taimi’s Game instance has the potential to not give you credit like an instance in the previous episode but it’ll probably be a non-issue from most who start the story over since you immediately go to that instance. 

EDIT: Well looks like hearts weren't required.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

Well, guess what...

• Sad 1

Ok, I'm gonna go cry a bit before logging in today...
This means that we would go through every single one of those with the next episodes too... I was so happy when I completed Siren's Landing without Mesmer help...

I guess for those who haven't completed it yet, it is an opportunity to use ppl's help. The maps are a bit more populated again, so it's easy to find someone.

EDIT: I must admit, the community is great with those. There are comms already selling the JP, but plenty of people are doing this for free. All completed, waiting for the next return to the story.

Edited by NotTooFoolish.7412
Change of circumstance, guide for others.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

Ok, I'm gonna go cry a bit before logging in today...
This means that we would go through every single one of those with the next episodes too... I was so happy when I completed Siren's Landing without Mesmer help...

I guess for those who haven't completed it yet, it is an opportunity to use ppl's help. The maps are a bit more populated again, so it's easy to find someone.

Ember Bay's Cauldron of Brain Pain is the worst Living World (Season 2+) Jump Puzzle, so at least it can't get any worse.

And one can always enlist Mesmer Portal services for it. I will certainly do so.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1