Suggestion: There needs to be a Russian-language server in EU

Kyrios.8736

There are already several French and German servers, as well as a Spanish one. There are many players who prefer coordinating in Russian language, including both native Russian and other players from neighboring countries. It'd be great if there was a RU server for WvW as well (and hopefully come with free transfer ticket). I get that there's no Russian language localization for game, but WvW server should be the first step and it could attract more players that speak the language to the game too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kyrios.8736 said:

There are already several French and German servers, as well as a Spanish one. There are many players who prefer coordinating in Russian language, including both native Russian and other players from neighboring countries. It'd be great if there was a RU server for WvW as well (and hopefully come with free transfer ticket). I get that there's no Russian language localization for game, but WvW server should be the first step and it could attract more players that speak the language to the game too.

they will never do that, just like there is no portuguese or spanish server on NA wvw servers

56 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

This is why we have guilds.

Then why are there several French and German servers?

6 minutes ago, FalconRN.6219 said:

they will never do that, just like there is no portuguese or spanish server on NA wvw servers

That's very weird considering there's Spanish server on EU. I don't really understand Anet's logic in this.

• Confused 1

I never understood why that's not a thing already. Afterall, Russia is the biggest country in Europe. Now that I think about it I believe even GW1 didn't have one, or did it?

Although adding one after release would complicate things for WvW. They'd either have to add 3 right off the bat, or empty a server for them and displace everyone else from it.

4 hours ago, Kyrios.8736 said:

they should remove nation servers and give all these players free ticket to go somewhere they wish..

nation servers in any game i have played are always the worst at end of the game.
russian server wont do anything. u likely get linked with something else and u create this rage in between servers again like certain other nation servers manage to do cus they refuse to cooperate with other server.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Morvran.8265 said:

I never understood why that's not a thing already. Afterall, Russia is the biggest country in Europe. Now that I think about it I believe even GW1 didn't have one, or did it?

Although adding one after release would complicate things for WvW. They'd either have to add 3 right off the bat, or empty a server for them and displace everyone else from it.

since when is russia in europe ? 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kyrios.8736 said:

Then why are there several French and German servers?

That's very weird considering there's Spanish server on EU. I don't really understand Anet's logic in this.

Because they are a remnant from 9 years ago when server selection actually mattered and you where placed in your specific server instance even in PvE. This became obsolete with megaservers and is even more obsolete today with the WvW link system. They shouldnt exist either.

• Like 3

Given the nature of the mega-server system, I don't think there should be any server tied to specific languages.

Russians can simply come together in Russian guilds or Discord groups, just like Germans come together in German guilds and/or Discord groups.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

Desolation has a decent amount of Russian speaking players, but most of our Russian-speaking WvWvW guilds like Dalzone [DZ] are small.

There would of course be need for many different language specific servers e.g. Russian, Arabic, Italian etc. just to mention a few languages. But in WvWvW linked servers do not depend on language, so maybe all servers could just be in same multi-language basket?

On 6/27/2021 at 3:14 AM, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Actual geography probably isn’t taught…

Was glad to see your response before I sent mine lol

Well, to be fair: Australians are forced to play on US servers, and they do not belong to the US, either. Many South Americans, for instance, play on EU servers because of their language rather than their geographical location, so... :classic_rolleyes:

P.S. Yes, Russia isn't part of neither Europe nor the EU, thank goodness. :classic_wink:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting geographical concepts here. I'm guessing that the Urals form the boundary between Not Europe and Not Asia then.

The main reason there is not a Russian-language server is the game was not localised into Russian. Language-specific servers were only provided where translation was, and the available languages have not changed since launch on the international version of the game. Unless GW2 becomes a lot more popular for some reason, I doubt they ever will.