The time to wait until EoD comes will be long without new content, so expand on incentives to return to old content!

Return to Living World is a great idea

Make us do more stuff like this! 

Like return to Sunset Cove

Return to Orr

Return to blazeridge steps

World Bosses

Jumping puzzles

Dungeons

Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire

The game has massive content and little incentives to do it atm

What do you think?

Edited by Demeth.5816
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

I don't get the sentiment behind someone suggesting incentives to do certain things and people saying "Well you could just go back and do it anyways." Of course you can, but it hurts literally no one if they add incentives and events behind old content that gets more people to return to that content for rewards.

I like returning to old content because I find that stuff fun, but I won't say no to having a bonus or reward tied to it. It livens up the world and makes it feel full and vibrant even if people are just running around for the shiny stuff.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, solo.1279 said:

I don't get the sentiment behind someone suggesting incentives to do certain things and people saying "Well you could just go back and do it anyways." Of course you can, but it hurts literally no one if they add incentives and events behind old content that gets more people to return to that content for rewards.

I like returning to old content because I find that stuff fun, but I won't say no to having a bonus or reward tied to it. It livens up the world and makes it feel full and vibrant even if people are just running around for the shiny stuff.

Thank you I felt weird reading the answers, of course you can do things for fun, but we all know giving a spotlight to Orr would do wonders for this area of the game for instance

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure the Devs have stuff planned for us. 

There's the weekly content for several months, Festivals, and other things already announced.

Plus, there's some Rush Events we never got in the spring, so they might be showing up. 

Even if we went 2 months with nothing new but a Festival, it would be the same as the usual Living World content releases. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, solo.1279 said:

It's more a psychological problem than a physical one, but "incentives" do work both ways. While they encourage some people, they put stress on others by putting the game on rails and making them feel left out if they don't follow those rails, even if the actual bonus is marginal at best.

Personally I find that the strength of this game is that all maps are relevant for pretty much everyone. I'm one of those players that jump around and play different maps on a whim, without a grand master plan, and I find pretty much any map I go to still being played, and old achievements being able to be completed if I feel like cleaning up some of my log (or just stumble upon them by accident).

As such, I have a hard time seeing the need for more incentives other than inflating bonus rewards and messing with player psychology in a way that personally I find detrimental to the game and its players. I've played a lot of MMOs in my time that sorely needed bonus incentives to get people to play older content, since rewards in different areas of those games didn't measure up to each other, but GW2 definitely is not that kind of game.

• Like 4

I’d rather have them let us beta test out the new elite specs for feedback for a good long while and anything else that’s new and upcoming  because if they seriously think pushing it back into 2022 (Spring/Summer) is gonna fly with people without them being bored, they’re wrong. 

So if they let us try out some of the new stuff they have coming out or even give us a few little things from the expansion, I’d be happy with that.

I’d love the dungeons to have increased rewards for a certain period of time. Something to make  them profitable and popular again. Fractals are great but I’m already bored of them at this point. But we’ll they give you like 20g every day which is better than dungs if I am not mistaken. I’m not sure if P1 CoF farm would still be profitable, haven’t been there for years

• Like 2

The highlight weeks for PvP and WvW should be expanded upon to weekly promotion of other content as well and it should be a permanent rotating schedule! That would help direct attention for players feeling aimless during downtimes. GW1 has the rotating weekly highlights and it is very popular.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2021 at 4:23 PM, Demeth.5816 said:

What do you think?

I think that shining a bright light on this weak content with the "return to" acheivements has really dampened my enthusiasm for the game.

Season 2 was among the worst content this game has offered. There's maybe 3 interesting instances in it. It's filled with lengthy poor attempts at characterization (often done soly in text boxes). The dialog is often so cliche' that it becomes self-parody. 

Waving a legendary carrot in front of me to get me to run it has not increased my enjoyment of the game.

This idea that the studio would double down on this kind of recycling of old content leaves me cold and looking at other games for the first time in a very long time.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

I think that shining a bright light on this weak content with the "return to" acheivements has really dampened my enthusiasm for the game.

Season 2 was among the worst content this game has offered. There's maybe 3 interesting instances in it. It's filled with lengthy poor attempts at characterization (often done soly in text boxes). The dialog is often so cliche' that it becomes self-parody. 

Waving a legendary carrot in front of me to get me to run it has not increased my enjoyment of the game.

This idea that the studio would double down on this kind of recycling of old content leaves me cold and looking at other games for the first time in a very long time.

Try FF14. Lots of content, friendly people, and complex mechanics in the high-end content.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Try FF14. Lots of content, friendly people, and complex mechanics in the high-end content.

I have tried it, between the slow pace of the combat and the god awful community evangelizing the game every chance they get (like you just did) there are a lot of other games I would rather explore.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

I have tried it, between the slow pace of the combat and the god awful community evangelizing the game every chance they get (like you just did) there are a lot of other games I would rather explore.

To be clear I don't play it, I have a good friend that does who is constantly trying to get me to commit to it, and he swears the combat is much much faster after lvl 50. Before that I 100% agree that it is slow AF, but all the DPS rotations after lvl 50 put the Weaver DPS rotation to shame apparently.

• Like 2

They should re-release/create Season 1. Even if it isn't the same, they should make a "stand-in" season that ties the core game to the rest of it.

Also, I hope they keep updating Taimi and Gorrik's dialog. I feel they need to do some heavy writing to fix the last battle between Primordus and Jormag considering the more than 10 years of building up anticipation for Primordus and also us just ignoring the biggest plot point since Balthazar and not to kill elder dragons. As it stands now we should have just let Balthazar do his thing...because we ended up just doing his thing instead. lol

2 hours ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

So you don't play it but you are here selling us on a game you don't play and a community you are not part of?

:doubt:

FF Fans/community really are the worst.

Oh I've played it. Beautiful game, nice armor system, nice quests structure, 'dungeons' are quick and easy content, and everyone in game was nice, its just that the beginning is too slow combat wise since it relied on the old engine and is something that I can't convince myself to play through.

When Square scrapped the original game and rebuilt it they worked hard on getting rid of that issue, it just doesn't come online until after lvl 50. They've made lvls 1-50 both free to play, but also have been working on making those levels very quick to gain so that new players can get over that hump, but as I said, that hump isn't something that I myself wanted to get over.

• Like 2