Legendary Armory: The Elite are controlling you

4 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

I totally agree with OP. How many of us actually have tens of toons with a hundred builds? The forum has been asking for many other more practical and useful stuff and has been totally ignored for years. For example, swimsuits and dyable undies...

Well I have 12 characters with at least 1-2 builds each. I just don't have many legendary items. (Partially because I've spent so much time on making and levelling new characters and running them through the story instead of making legendaries or whatever.) I know several people with many more than that.

I am somewhat confused that they decided to focus on this instead of some of the popular QoL requests (although I'm not sure how swimsuits would be practical or useful, even though it would be nice to have) but I can think of several reasons it might have happened. Maybe Anet's data told them that this would actually be useful for a significant number of players, maybe they see a lot of people constantly putting legendaries in and out of the bank and have to deal with a lot of support tickets from people who lost them (or think they lost them) in the process. Maybe someone at Anet is one of those people with a bunch of characters they use for raids, WvW etc. and a bunch of legendaries shared between them and was in a position to decide making it more convenient should be a priority. Or maybe they're one of the ones who never made legendaries because they couldn't decide which character to give them to and didn't want to pass them through the bank. Maybe it's a first public step in behind the scenes changes which will lead to more updates. Or maybe it is as some people speculated a way to get more players to spend more time and gold making more legendaries. (Or all of the above.)

9 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Everyone now posting about their excitement for the Legendary Armory has about 1 legendary trinket and that's it... But suddenly the hardcore elite players resurfaced to generate hype for something only they can fully utilize. And people are falling for it.

This is like middle-class Republicans supporting the rich, because they think it's also in their own interests, and that they too can one day become rich.

Why should we be excited for something only a small percentage of the population can take advantage of?

I was looking forward to this feature. For the moment being I only own single legendary shield (feel free to guess which one).

And here is a thing for ye. One may not own alot of legendaries, one may own only a very weird choice of legendaries of very limited use. And one can still look forward to the feature that makes actually getting more legendaries actually goal worthy pursuing.

Your equivalence here is false, because obtaining legendary gear in the game is not even in the same league of a challenge as improving your wealth class in any big degree.

Now excuse me while I go back to work to preparations for getting back into that whole raiding so I can bet myself nice and cosy two sets of legendary armor that I will then spend weeks fashioning on all 6 of my characters 😉

EDIT:

28 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

The forum has been asking for many other more practical and useful stuff and has been totally ignored for years. For example, swimsuits and dyable undies...

and how exactly are swimsuits and dyable undies either "practical" or "usefull"?

I am not sure did I fail to see the sarcasm in that post?

Edited by Lord Trejgon.2809

7 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

and how exactly are swimsuits and dyable undies either "practical" or "usefull"?

I am not sure did I fail to see the sarcasm in that post?

Dude now that it was mentioned I feel the need for it.

Hopefully EoD raid will offer material for legendary swimsuit and undies 😀

so having some feature that is nice that you can't use it cause it's was not made for your group of people is a bad design ?

Show me your full set of Legendary armor...

also

https://ibb.co/4TvY8zy

and still also have the heavy one + trinkets and some weapons.
I'm not even an elitist, i don't have that much gold and it's a year and more to have all theses legendary (mostly got from doing every weeks, fractals and raids, which don't give a lot of gold but if you do them for 1 year like any other gamemode, the gold you get become big enough for legendaries).

By the way, only a minority can use it ? yuo know everyone gonna get a free legendary soon, some amulet you can get for free doing easy achivements.

Edited by WindBlade.8749

1 minute ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

so having some feature that is nice that you can't use it cause it's was not made for your group of people is a bad design ?

also

https://ibb.co/4TvY8zy

and still also have the heavy one + trinkets and some weapons.
I'm not even an elitist, i don't have that much gold and it's a year and more to have all theses legendary (mostly got from doing every weeks, fractals and raids, which don't give a lot of gold but if you do them for 1 year like any other gamemode it's the gold become big enough for legendaries).

ye the problem is some ppl are just so bad at the game that they dont get anything because they dont know what to do and then blame the game developer or other people.

Everyone now posting about their excitement for the Legendary Armory has about 1 legendary trinket and that's it... But suddenly the hardcore elite players resurfaced to generate hype for something only they can fully utilize. And people are falling for it.

This is like middle-class Republicans supporting the rich, because they think it's also in their own interests, and that they too can one day become rich.

Why should we be excited for something only a small percentage of the population can take advantage of?

If you have time to write 797 forum posts but do not have time to gather materials for a couple legendaries then this is your own problem.

Edited by Stellan.8907
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

According to gw2effienccy, on average all players have 3 legendary items, if you play for over 4k hours, you will on average have 11 legendaries. This is not the top 25% benefit. It benefits everyone as long as up put the time into the game, 90% of players with 4k hours in have at least 1 legendary. 

Just now, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

According to gw2effienccy, on average all players have 3 legendary items, if you play for over 4k hours, you will on average have 11 legendaries. This is not the top 25% benefit. It benefits everyone as long as up put the time into the game, 90% of players with 4k hours in have at least 1 legendary. 

Ye but the problem is gw2 efficiency is not the whole playerbase.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

mimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimi

mimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimi

mimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimi

Get a hobby.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Everyone now posting about their excitement for the Legendary Armory has about 1 legendary trinket and that's it... But suddenly the hardcore elite players resurfaced to generate hype for something only they can fully utilize. And people are falling for it...

Well, I'm really excited about the Legendary Armory and have been since it was first announced. And I have to admit that I don't have any legendary trinkets. What I do have is one full set of heavy leggy armor, one piece of light leggy armor (I'll get my second piece next week), a leggy hammer and two leggy swords. The armor comes from WvW and the weapons from the TP.  Once I get a full leggy set in each weight class and all the weapons I use the most, then I'll focus on trinkets and a backpack, with sigils/runes being the last items on the list. Does all that make me a "hardcore elite" player. Excuse me while I roflmao for a good half hour or so. This fall I'll be turning 72. So I'm not the oldest player in the game but I am one of the older ones and I am very much one of the slowest ones. When I get into a one on one fight in WvW, I lose 99 out of 100 of them. 

What I do have is time, lots of it as I'm retired. And I love GW2 so I play it a good 6+ hours a day, seven days a week. The Armory will be a dramatic QoL improvement for me. I have 26 alts and 3 unused character slots atm. One of the first things I'll be doing next week is salvaging all the ascended and exotic heavy armor, hammers, and swords I have spread across those alts. Then I'll be re-gearing my heavy armor users. The next step after all that will be playing around with the warrior and guardian professions. I haven't used either of those very much and I'm very much  looking forward to experimenting with various builds for each of them. Thanks to WvW, I have close to 500 exp tomes and enough Testimonies of Heroics (used to buy hero points) to max out 44 elite specializations any time I want.

This is not intended as bragging. It is meant to show that one does not need to be "hardcore elite" to find the Armory useful and exciting. If someone as old and slow as me can get this gear, anyone can. Yes, not many people have the kind of time I do to play the game, but legendary gear is still an attainable goal for most players.

And yes, I also plead guilty to hyping the Legendary Armory too. One of my guildies and I are working on setting regular times for those in our guild on the same server to run in WvW together. The fact that one can earn exotic, ascended, and Legendary armor in WvW is a strong selling point for that. Both the Armory and the coming Alliance system enhance the appeal. (I know there are a lot of questions and doubts about the Alliances. While I share those questions and doubts too, I am waiting to see how all that actually turns out.)

So yes, I'm very excited and I can hardly wait for July 13 to get here.  🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

ok.. this post is leading somewhere else... every comment is against the OP's opinion... either this should be changed to a poll thread about how many own more than 3 legendary or something like that.. or... mods should close it to avoid further ridicule/hate/opposition against the OP

The problem with this thread is that people are engaging with it in a serious manner. Ridicule is the proper response to "the elite are controlling you".

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

I assure you that the motivation is VERY bipartisan.