This will be without a doubt the worst ToL in Guild Wars 2 history

3 hours ago, Rukasu.3097 said:

Ahahaha that's some peak GW2 "PvP" performance. 

In the 4v4 tournament my teams has 3 win and 1 lost we played scourge, support guard, core condi necro, core mesmer. We lost only to scourge , support guard, burn core guard, power core guard. This team had sooooo much resing potential, but it was very fun fight.

Edited by razaelll.8324

On 7/8/2021 at 10:09 AM, frareanselm.1925 said:

Burn DH is way more broken than scourge, and nobody complains

So is "nobody complains" just an ironic statement now? Half the time I see someone use that set-up it's always some sort of very common complaint. It's like the "Am I the only person who [...]" crap you'd see all over the place years ago. 

Nobody complains about Burn DH? You are coming across very different people than I am then, because Burn DH is mostly propped up by Rune of the Trapper... which is being complained about VERY frequently right now, and so is that by build by proxy. Core Trapper Ranger is also utilizing those runes, but I don't know how effective that build is in higher ranks, but I do know just by virtue of it being a Ranger that it'd get complaints anyway for existing. 

And Scourge is definitely a stronger overall package than Burn DH, for what it's worth. Guard's best builds are all Core right now, with that one DH outlier that's, again, being Weekend At Bernie's'd by the Trapper runes. If those runes are ever removed, then most likely so is Burn DH.

Giving the benefit of the doubt here, I think there's been a perception that Necro is OP for lower tier play because of its low skill cap, so it's possible that ANet assumed this imbalance wouldn't carry over to higher level PvP play in organized groups.  That being said, after watching the tournament, that certainly didn't seem to be the case at all as stacking necros was effective for pretty much all teams in the tourny.

Necro in general seems to just have so much it can do on such low cooldowns that there's just not much need to use anything really strategically.  Ideally, you should have to work more to strip boons at a clutch time and such, but the class often just strips boons as a side effect of so many other actions and does almost everything in AoE that playing as someone who knows what they are doing doesn't end up much different than someone who doesn't.

Edited by Dahkeus.8243
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Let's be real, Mr. Cohen is not a professional/competitive gamer nor was he ever. Anet hires fans to balance their game. It would be like asking Nuru to balance nercro/holo.

Best resolution for players is to follow the meta. If you can't beat em' then join them. Nothing is special when everyone has it so go make your scourge today and drop some AOE.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bear.9568 said:

Let's be real, Mr. Cohen is not a professional/competitive gamer nor was he ever. Anet hires fans to balance their game. It would be like asking Nuru to balance nercro/holo.

Best resolution for players is to follow the meta. If you can't beat em' then join them. Nothing is special when everyone has it so go make your scourge today and drop some AOE.

People did that. That's why they switched all to Scourge. We have 9 classes, 10 players, but 6/10 is Scourge. Many classes don't even have a show in the finals.