I feel screwed over by the Legendary Armory [Merged]

Gonna put this on the first post as it is explained better.

Situation:

Player1 has 1 Legendary PvE Armor set, 1 Ascended WvW T3 Armor set

Player2 has 1 Legendary PvE Armor set, 1 Legendary WvW T3 Armor set

Legendary Armory arrives.

Player1 wears their Legendary PvE Armor and transmutes(free) their Ascended WvW T3 Armor skin on it.
Player2 wears their Legendary PvE Armor and transmutes(free) their Legendary WvW T3 Armor skin on it.

Both end up with Legendary Armor with Ascended WvW T3 Armor skin, since Ascended and Legendary WvW T3 Armor is the EXACT SAME SKIN. But Player2 has PAID WAY MORE for the SAME RESULTS since Player2 has spent Materials/Clovers/WvWTickets etc into making their Ascended WvW T3 Armor into Legendary. 

Now we introduce 

Player3 has 2 Legendary PvE Armor set. 

Player3 will end up getting compensation(as per ArenaNet's blogpost because they are part of the 0.008%), while Player2 will not. 

So to sum it up,

Player1 paid for 1 Legendary PvE Armor set,

Player3 paid for 2 Legendary PvE Armor sets but will be compensated for 1 of them,

Player2 paid for 2 Legendary(PvE and WvW) Armor sets but will not be compensated and ALSO does not even get a unique skin.

So pretty much what this is saying here is:

If you made both PvE and WvW Legendary Armors, you are screwed.

If you made both PvE, WvW and PvP Legendary Armors, you are doubly screwed.

In the future, even after the Armory arrives, if you make Legendary WvW/PvP Armors then someday later you decide to make the Legendary PvE Armor, your first Legendary WvW/PvP Armor will get completely invalidated since you retain the same Legendary Armor functionality(be it PvE or WvW/PvP Armor), but you will not even have a skin from the 1st Legendary WvW/PvP Armor set to show for it. This is different for Backpacks and Weapons, because those still provide a unique skin(example Warbringer skin & Ad Infinitum skin).

What is compensation?

Definition: something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.

What is ArenaNet compensating for? 

The fact that you have more items than you can wear.

However, they will not compensate you if you have Legendaries with different Legendary skins, because you are still getting the benefit of the unique skin(which is the reason why a LOT of people make Legendaries in the first place, the other reason being Legendary functionality convenience). 

But here we are, with more items than we can wear, and no other Legendary skin, yet no compensation. 

TLDR

Be careful when making the decision whether to Legendarize the WvW/PvP Armor in the future, because if you somehow decide to go for the PvE one too at some point, you wasted a whole Legendary Armor's worth of mats and will not even have a unique Legendary WvW/PvP Armor skin to outweigh the cost. 

EDIT: Compensations are out, and those who had 2 of the same Legendary Raid Light Armor got to choose another Legendary(not a Legendary skin) WvW/PvP Armor. Oh the irony. I guess we do end up in the same place in the end... 🤣

Edited by Turtle Dragon.9241
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 7

I am going to put this here too. Hopefully we get a reply. 

Say you have a set of Legendary WvW Light Armor and a set of Legendary Raid Light Armor.

You will put the Legendary Raid Light Armor set into the Armory. 

You could transmute the WvW Armor skin on it sure. However, the skin is something you already got from the Ascended version before you Legendarized it.

For WvW/PvP Armor, you have now lost a whole Legendary worth of mats(since the skins are the same as the Ascended version) because you Legendarized a whole WvW Armor set, farmed thousands of WvW Tickets, T6 mats, Clovers etc for NOTHING. What do you get to show for it?

You cannot do anything with the 2nd Legendary Armor set after the Armory update, and the skin is just the same as the Ascended one, so you might as well not have upgraded it.

For Backpacks I can understand, it comes with an unique skin to show for it, so that's fair.

But for Armor, you could have crafted a whole different Legendary with all those wasted mats instead of this...

This isnt exactly fair now, is it?

Do you get the same kind of compensation like people who have 2 sets of Legendary Raid Light Armor(the 0.008% population mentioned)?

Or perhaps ArenaNet will add a new skin for the Legendary WvW/PvP Armor sets? An extra effect perhaps like the pommel on Eternity?

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

It is pretty clear you get no compensation. I am in the same situation, but what can you do?

If I would provide a suggestion I would say players with legendary WvW armor and mistforged fully unlocked (if not the actual legendary piece) should get access to a 3rd tier mistforged with dyeable aura.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

Say you have a set of Legendary WvW Light Armor and a set of Legendary Raid Light Armor.

You will put the Legendary Raid Light Armor set into the Armory. 

You could transmute the WvW Armor skin on it sure. However, the skin is something you already got from the Ascended version before you Legendarized it.

For WvW/PvP Armor, you have now lost a whole Legendary worth of mats(since the skins are the same as the Ascended version) because you Legendarized a whole WvW Armor set, farmed thousands of WvW Tickets, T6 mats, Clovers etc for NOTHING. What do you get to show for it?

You cannot do anything with the 2nd Legendary Armor set after the Armory update, and the skin is just the same as the Ascended one, so you might as well not have upgraded it.

For Backpacks I can understand, it comes with an unique skin to show for it, so that's fair.

But for Armor, you could have crafted a whole different Legendary with all those wasted mats instead of this...

This isnt exactly fair now, is it?

Do you get the same kind of compensation like people who have 2 sets of Legendary Raid Light Armor(the 0.008% population mentioned)?

Or perhaps ArenaNet will add a new skin for the Legendary WvW/PvP Armor sets? An extra effect perhaps like the pommel on Eternity?

You do realize that the reason pvp and wvw legendaries dont have unique skins is 1: because they were added as an easy to get way for people who dont do raids 2 the only reason you have pvp and wvw legies is because of the people crying on the forums. if you cant even bother to do the extremely easy raids at this point you dont deserve the unique skins, be happy with the babys first pvp and wvw ones.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 3

Just now, MarkoGold.7126 said:

You do realize that the reason pvp and wvw legendaries dont have unique skins is 1: because they were added as an easy to get way for people who dont do raids 2 the only reason you have pvp and wvw legies is because of the people crying on the forums. if you cant even bother to do the extremely easy raids at this point you dont deserve the unique skins, be happy with the babys first pvp and wvw ones.

What you said about not raiding makes no sense?

Read: People who have BOTH Raid and WvW Armor before the Armory was announced. 

If people took only the WvW route for Legendary Armor that's their own business. We are talking about people who did both sets of Armors. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

What you said about not raiding makes no sense?

Read: People who have BOTH Raid and WvW Armor before the Armory was announced. 

If people took only the WvW route for Legendary Armor that's their own business. We are talking about people who did both sets of Armors. 

sorry im kind of tired and didnt read your post completely what is you issue again compensation for the 0.008% of the player base ? skins ? not very clear.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

I'm not that familiar with the WvW Legendary Armors.

Why did you make 2 sets of Light Armor?  It's not possible to wear Raid Legendary Armor in WvW?

Or it was a convenience issue, and you enjoyed said convenience for however long?  Even though the Legendary Armory was announced months/a year ago?

If it was just about the skins, why Legendary and not Ascended? 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Why did you make 2 sets of Light Armor?  It's not possible to wear Raid Legendary Armor in WvW?

Or it was a convenience issue, and you enjoyed said convenience for however long?  Even though the Legendary Armory was announced months/a year ago?

Put it this way:

If you have 2 Legendary Raid Light Armor sets, ArenaNet is going to compensate you, according to the blogpost, as you fall in the 0.008% category.

If you have 2 Legendary WvW Light Armor sets, ArenaNet is going to compensate you too, same as above.

If you have 1 Legendary Raid Light Armor set and 1 Legendary WvW Light Armor set, ArenaNet will NOT compensate you.

No, unlike Legendary Backpacks/Weapons which all have unique skins, you did NOT get an extra skin for the Armor, the skin is the same as the Ascended version(same skin as the precursor before you Legendarize it).

Do you see the discrepancy? 

Why did people make 2 sets of Armors? Because they made them before the Armory was announced.

Did you get a "convenience for it for an amount of time"? Of course, for the amount of work it took to make it, it better have.

Would you be okay if tomorrow ArenaNet deleted your Eternity from your Account because you got to use it for 8 years and that is ample "convenience for however long"? I think not?

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

s\ I don't think I could have said it in a more elitist way myself. Well done. \s

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

I already have light legendary armor from WvW and will likely craft the raid light armor whenever I get around to it in the future.  Despite having a legendary armor set "wasted", I still feel that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

You're crafting it after, that's completely different. You are making an informed decision based on everything you have knowledge on and are willing to throw the gold at it for the benefits of a skin. Nobody who has crafted 2 of the same armor sets were informed of such, else they would not have done so.

Edit: Like I said, I would be satisfied with either compensation like 2 of the SAME Legendary armor, or even inclusion of a new unique skin for the WvW/PvP armors. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

People made legendary WvW armor along with PVE armor for the same reason people make 2 sets of PVE raid armor. You don't get any skin for it , it's so you have another set. Also PvE armor is faster with a guild group than WvW legendary armor ever will be so some people had both being worked on as piecemeal.

It is different story if you don't have PvE raid armor but have WvW armor, it means you don't want to PVE.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

You're crafting it after, that's completely different. You are making an informed decision based on everything you have knowledge on and are willing to throw the gold at it for the benefits of a skin. Nobody who has crafted 2 of the same armor sets were informed of such, else they would not have done so.

Edit: Like I said, I would be satisfied with either compensation like 2 of the SAME Legendary armor, or even inclusion of a new unique skin for the WvW/PvP armors. 

Not really. I always intended to craft the light raid armor. 

2 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I suppose it's not much different than when Shared Inventory Slots were introduced.  Or any other QoL feature that makes something else obsolete.  Some felt 'disappointment' about those, as well. 

Of course, no one is sure what will happen in the near (or not-so-near) future.

Maybe the lamenting will be for naught. 

True, but here they are compensating a select few but not others, for a similar situation. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Not really. I always intended to craft the light raid armor. 

Conversely, if you already had the Legendary Raid Light Armor, and you were about to craft the Legendary WvW armor, you wouldnt anymore with this new Armory announcement, right? Because that would be an obsolete thing to do and you would get nothing from it since the skin is the same. So your situation does not apply. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

Judging by resources historically spent : the best thing to ask for is ability to dye the aura as it doesn't involve a new armor model. It's done with Gift of Aurene weapons, Tequatl weapons, all returning festival weapons (Imbued Holographic weapon in current Dragon Bash), Regurgitated Armor from Triple Trouple, etc. I'm not sure what can be done with respect to the PVP one.

Compensation isn't really the best course of action probably as I'm certain that coding a check for 2 legendary armor of same weight is going to be more convoluted than just a search for same item name and item ID.

I wouldn't expect anything immediate if they even do anything about it though. Don't get your hopes up.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

Conversely, if you already had the Legendary Raid Light Armor, and you were about to craft the Legendary WvW armor, you wouldnt anymore with this new Armory announcement, right? Because that would be an obsolete thing to do and you would get nothing from it since the skin is the same. So your situation does not apply. 

Different situation that you just listed. I always intended to craft the light raid armor. Whether or not I actually have it crafted now or not doesn’t matter. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396

1 hour ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

i did read you say a whole lot of nothing concrete. your post is basically wah wah i wasted mats on wvw armor and wont have anything to show for it.

Get some sleep and come back with reading glasses.

Topic is clear and easy to get

to OP

I agree, people with multiply legendary armors which don't give a unique skin should get reimbursed.

I'm not in that situation luckily 

PS another solution could be anet is making a special armor skin for pvp and wvw

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

Stupid question, but were these both sets made after the Legendary Armory announcement (not the one from a week ago, but back in March, 2020)?

Content getting outdated? That's totally new. Why should you get something for having played the game? You decided to craft two different light armors and you used the benefits of having them for a while now. With the changes you still have both, both skins and can use both.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3