Returning mesmer wondering how bad the damage is over few years?

lordmenting.5708

I'm a new Mesmer main. Condi Staff has multiple permanent boons, high DPS, and semi AFK gameplay (just dodge and auto attack). You can always Shatter for fun and more DPS, but it's not required. It's one of the best, if not the best build in open world PvE at the moment.

4 hours ago, lordmenting.5708 said:

Hi Guys, going to retry the game for a while and i'm wondering what the current status of mesmer is. Anyone could gimme some info's? I always loved to play shatter and refused the condi meta back then hope shatters is still viable. thx for any responses!

The thing you need to explain is what content you enjoy the most.

25 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I think mesmers primarily used as a condi DPS in SPVP. 

Power isn't rly viable anymore. It's too predictable realistically. 

I don't think mesmers a ideal choice it your not wanting to use condi DPS. 

Someone confuse faced this... We are aware this is primarily pointed at Spvp (I'm aware power chrono is strong PvE wise) 

Power chrono/core mesmer ain't strong in SPVP. It has a. 1 shot build sure. But it sits on some pretty steep CDs 

It's playable in ranked, sure, but any build is. Because in ranked the skill differences are so far apart you can outplay massively. But on equalised footing i.e AT and more it isn't used realistically. 

It's not terrible. But Its not the most effective either. Unless mesmers new elite does bring a strong power build to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Someone confuse faced this... We are aware this is primarily pointed at Spvp (I'm aware power chrono is strong PvE wise) 

Power chrono/core mesmer ain't strong in SPVP. It has a. 1 shot build sure. But it sits on some pretty steep CDs 

It's playable in ranked, sure, but any build is. Because in ranked the skill differences are so far apart you can outplay massively. But on equalised footing i.e AT and more it isn't used realistically. 

It's not terrible. But Its not the most effective either. Unless mesmers new elite does bring a strong power build to it. 

Question about that: 

Is that a chrono condi or primarily mirage type build usually? 

I'm guessing its probably mirage right?

5 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I think chrono can be very effective, however it requires a ton of skill to avoid attacks and predict enemy moves. It’s indeed a true glass build. Pro players can completely dominate with it, but mere mortals (as myself) struggle to get the daredevils off their back playing it and avoid being consumed by condi as this build has no condi cleanse almost.

6 hours ago, lordmenting.5708 said:

i used to do spvp small group wvwv skirmished but more roaming style. 

i don't worry about pve and stuff like fractals

So this would be more of a wvwvw or spvp matter. Is power mesmer even viable then?

the above should answer your question partially. Power mirage is fun and can be played successfully, however I believe it has much smaller dps output than chrono making it sort of mediocre-impact team member. It has some more sustain in return though with evades and bit more condi cleanses.

Condi mirage is the way for casual players as it is way more reliable. Power block roamer melee build is pretty good, apart from that you have staff duelist build with loads of sustain (chaos-inspi-mirage) or exchanging inspiration with duelling/illusions if you don’t need so much sustain.

so yes power Mesmer is for when you get very experienced in spvp. I tried playing it several times either excelling or failing miserably and being flamed to the ground by other team members. And I’m sure it’s not just happening to me, I see many chronos just dying all the time.

Edited by Mik.3401

My main is Mesmer, Mesmer class is not top tier in any game mode. (Not worst also) 

In fractals, (I'm CM player) Anet added alacrity to Staff Mirage but ppl is still looking Renegades not Mirages. Power Chrono was good before 11 May patch nerf, I have never seen even single chrono after that patch. Condi axe mirage got a little buff after torment change, but the people who seek cdps for sunqua peak, condi mirage is not their first option. (Mostly scourge and condi firebrand) 

In sPvP, power core is very rare, because everyone knows how power core works. Mirage is viable for capturing points, duels and small fights. Chrono is not used in sPvP, I think not bad but mirage is better and easier to play. 

In open world, mirage with trailblazer set has insane survivability. You can kill champions solo. With staff/staff mirage with trailblazer or rabid set, you can kill legendary bosses solo. Power chrono is good survivability also, you can decide how you like to play. 

In WvW, support chrono is very good in group fights. Roaming, axe mirage is better. I think mesmer is good position. But thief is the best in WvW. Inpossible to kill. 

These are my opinions about mesmer. 

But you should understand this. In this game, top three characters are Guardian, Necromancer, Ranger. According to my observation, over %60 GW2 players are playing with this three character group. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2021 at 3:12 AM, Suyheuti.1732 said:

My main is Mesmer, Mesmer class is not top tier in any game mode. (Not worst also) 

In fractals, (I'm CM player) Anet added alacrity to Staff Mirage but ppl is still looking Renegades not Mirages. Power Chrono was good before 11 May patch nerf, I have never seen even single chrono after that patch. Condi axe mirage got a little buff after torment change, but the people who seek cdps for sunqua peak, condi mirage is not their first option. (Mostly scourge and condi firebrand) 

In sPvP, power core is very rare, because everyone knows how power core works. Mirage is viable for capturing points, duels and small fights. Chrono is not used in sPvP, I think not bad but mirage is better and easier to play. 

In open world, mirage with trailblazer set has insane survivability. You can kill champions solo. With staff/staff mirage with trailblazer or rabid set, you can kill legendary bosses solo. Power chrono is good survivability also, you can decide how you like to play. 

In WvW, support chrono is very good in group fights. Roaming, axe mirage is better. I think mesmer is good position. But thief is the best in WvW. Inpossible to kill. 

These are my opinions about mesmer. 

But you should understand this. In this game, top three characters are Guardian, Necromancer, Ranger. According to my observation, over %60 GW2 players are playing with this three character group. 

As a mesmer main (with my FB being a STRONG) second--this fully and completly sums up the mesmer in all  areas of game play, near perfectly.

I was a mesmer main, still use it in open world, but in PvP, WvW, Raids, and Fractals it seems like there are just better options (with a few exceptions like bosses where confusion works well)

Mesmer takes alot of work to put in the same damage as other classes now and often comes up short with just the way clones work and die to cleave. It is a very fun class but I have found myself on scourge or firebrand lately for anything PvE and scourge for PvP / WvW.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 5:12 AM, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Well put, the only addendum I would make to this is that Core Mesmer is the superior WvW solo roamer, it just requires far more skill to play effectively.  I do concede that Axe Mirage is probably the better duelist with more favorable match-ups overall, but Core Mesmer can 1vX circles around it and that's the most important thing when solo roaming. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 12:21 PM, Jables.4659 said:

Well put, the only addendum I would make to this is that Core Mesmer is the superior WvW solo roamer, it just requires far more skill to play effectively.  I do concede that Axe Mirage is probably the better duelist with more favorable match-ups overall, but Core Mesmer can 1vX circles around it and that's the most important thing when solo roaming. 

Hello @Jables.4659, I would like to learn which build that is. I am still learning .

On 7/28/2021 at 3:21 AM, Jables.4659 said:

This is pretty much a meme fantasy that is never actually played/seen. If Core Mes was a strong 1vX in the sense it should be suggested to new players WvW would be filled with people running around as Core Mes, but ohh wait....dang

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 3