Why is this even possible?

This mount thing is sure weird. Today some smug berserker tried to use iq200 tactic. He mounted when he saw me, didn't even try to dodge burst and did go straight to downed state. I mean first mind wrack could get him off mount, second could crit maybe 9k and some gs bounces for extra damage, but i don't think that it should be enough to down berserker.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 4:38 PM, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

You are way too much focused on max range. It is irrelevant most of the time. Especially vs thief, who can close the gap in the blink of an eye anyway. And no, classes and skills are not the same across the board and they are not supposed to be the same. Not that underwater combat matters, it is imbalanced anyway and nobody cares.

Also don't use harpoon gun on thief underwater. Spear is all you need.

If you want to have everything ranger has - just play the class. Maybe then you'll realize you won't only gain stuff, you also have to give up some things. And that range isn't the be all and end all of what makes a strong weapon/class.

LoL  Some of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen in this forum. This is why it's impossible to have a meanigful debate on balance here. rofl. I point out obvious blatant biases and you say it doesn't matter.  Spear is a hand to hand weapon....Harpoon gun is a ranged weapon. They're not even close to the same game play. lol  What does spear have to do with Harpoon gun? Seriously, Pay attention to everythign this guy just said.

Understand, this mount nonsense has been exploited by rangers since its inception. A long long time. Finally people start calling it out so sure Rangers are going to say it's fine. Point out ridiculous range advantages WITH THE SAME weapon and it's You should be using a different weapon and no one cares.

Outrageous. 

I see 1 Dead Eye for every 50 rangers in wvw. A thief that relies on stealth has 0 role in zerg vs zerg but Ranger can pew pew all day with that easymode Face Roll 2 key no kill required build.

When someone has shown such statements like "nobody cares", That says it all and shows that you have no business in a balance conversation.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HARDOFREADING.7298 said:

I see 1 Dead Eye for every 50 rangers in wvw. A thief that relies on stealth has 0 role in zerg vs zerg but Ranger can pew pew all day with that easymode Face Roll 2 key no kill required build.

When someone has shown such statements like "nobody cares", That says it all and shows that you have no business in a balance conversation.

Your balanced conversation about seeing 1 deadeye for every 50 rangers fails to mention the other 50 daredevils seen for every ranger.

See, we can be balanced too.

• Thanks 1

Because anet doesn't care that ranger has always been and will always be overpowered and extremely easy to play

Edit: guys you know these ranger mains won't ever listen to you. It's like trying to explain politics to someone who is in university. They're either already in agreement or it will take them another 7 years to realize you're right, don't waste your breath trying to explain it to them, they won't ever listen lmao. Everyone knows ranger is op in almost every way, there is nothing to discuss unless you're willfully ignorant.

Edit2: not to mention the obvious strawman fallacies being made in this thread. Oh man, other classes are unbalanced too? It's almost as if we need a balance patch 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀

Edited by solemn.9608
Gonna get a forum infraction for posting this. Worth it.

Running away when you meet a skilled player and they push you is OP now I guess. 

Camping on a wall is overpowered and wins the matchup seems like..  Building a ballista on a wall must be the next thing to go too that's just not right either.

If your talking about actual zerg fights they are either getting their pew pew absorbed or worse having it reflected.

If a ranger is farming your zerg news flash: your group is not that good.

Edited by displayname.8315
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, diomache.9246 said:

Trying to have some fun on a trailblazer necro? Denied.

https://imgur.com/T1rBfCEPew Pew

What a shame. What an absolute disaster this has become. I see these kinds of combat log numbers all the time and yet people try to justify and defend such an unfair build.

Ultimately, this hurts the bottom line because it limits WvW's appeal. This should have never been allowed to occur.

22 minutes ago, diomache.9246 said:

This basically happened in ~5 seconds.

Taking on a sniper with core Necro nice. 

Let me guess no staff and you stayed at range, probably tried running away.  600 range melle weapons, no stun break, no shroud fear,  minionmancer maybe.  Little panic set in...  It's doable maybe revisit the drawling board.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What are you trying to say? That being on range with 2k toughness, 29k hp justifies getting instagibbed? As I saw the animation of the rapid fire i was already in downstate. If I had a dodge left - which I had not because I was infight - I'd still be dead.

And no, neither core necro, nor minion mancer, nor shroud. 

2 hours ago, diomache.9246 said:

What are you trying to say? That being on range with 2k toughness, 29k hp justifies getting instagibbed? As I saw the animation of the rapid fire i was already in downstate. If I had a dodge left - which I had not because I was infight - I'd still be dead.

And no, neither core necro, nor minion mancer, nor shroud. 

Ah messing with the beta class huh.  By the combat log he finished his rapid fire and then spammed 1.  And you didnt do anything.  There was enough time for some heal traits to pop so it couldn't have been that instant. Were you rooted with no cleanse or just sat there stunned with no break?  

If it's just being caught out of position or after being focused no big woop it happens with all focusing classes.

Would be nice to see some damage ticking on them or it looks like runaway panic.

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, diomache.9246 said:

Does it? Which class does 28k damage in 5 second window?

Like if someone hits you when they know you just blew your cooldowns?  Rev or herald whatever could do it.  Only class i don't play.  Thief probably.  Dragonhunter.  5 seconds actually is a long time.  If you had enough energy for a dodge it should be instant when you see the big bright lasers comming at you. 

Of course you can shroud mid dodge,  swap weopons mid dodge if you have an energy sigil, pop utilites, get your marker ready for a leap.. stuff like that.

12 hours ago, solemn.9608 said:

Because anet doesn't care that ranger has always been and will always be overpowered and extremely easy to play

Edit: guys you know these ranger mains won't ever listen to you. It's like trying to explain politics to someone who is in university. They're either already in agreement or it will take them another 7 years to realize you're right, don't waste your breath trying to explain it to them, they won't ever listen lmao. Everyone knows ranger is op in almost every way, there is nothing to discuss unless you're willfully ignorant.

Edit2: not to mention the obvious strawman fallacies being made in this thread. Oh man, other classes are unbalanced too? It's almost as if we need a balance patch 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀

Edited by solemn.9608
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, HARDOFREADING.7298 said:

Understand, this mount nonsense has been exploited by rangers since its inception. A long long time. Finally people start calling it out so sure Rangers are going to say it's fine. Point out ridiculous range advantages WITH THE SAME weapon and it's You should be using a different weapon and no one cares.

Outrageous. 

Yes this mount nonsense has also been “exploited” by melee focused classes to basically nullify ranger’s range advantage by giving 2 free dodges into melee combat without having to spend the player’s dodge or skills to get there… So not exactly fair if you are the ranger is it? 

Warclaw/mounts in wvw is a joke and should be removed imo.

49 minutes ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Yes this mount nonsense has also been “exploited” by melee focused classes to basically nullify ranger’s range advantage by giving 2 free dodges into melee combat without having to spend the player’s dodge or skills to get there… So not exactly fair if you are the ranger is it? 

Warclaw/mounts in wvw is a joke and should be removed imo.

"Basically nullify ranger's range advantage" HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH.  He really just stated that. Give everyone a Pet. Give everyone weapons that reach the exact same distance. Give everyone a a 1200 Range Knock Back with a 12 second recharge. Give everyone joke levels of sustain.

The sad reality of all this is that Ranger Long Bow does way too much damage from way too far. That's the issue and anyone that says otherwise is trying to deflect or obscure the issue. LoL a Long Bow has more range than a Rifle. So so so many builds aren't viable right now cuz Rapid Fire/ Long Range shot just easy mode burst them to smithereens with no skill required.

1 hour ago, Nocturnal Lunacy.8563 said:

All i want to know is who was the ranger trolling you so i can go troll them. 

Wirriam.  He said AMA in this thread.

7 hours ago, HARDOFREADING.7298 said:

Ranger Long Bow does way too much damage from way too far.

Long bow itself is a mechanic.  If they are doing that much damage with it they are super squishy.  Have you ever tried pushing one?  Their range "can" be a little longer that the normal 1200 everyone gets.  Load them up with a neco staff dump, starting with fear probably. 

I mean what class do you play, maybe its your choice of mechanics.  Everyone gots heals, forms of stability, movement options and ways to break stuns ect ect

7 hours ago, HARDOFREADING.7298 said:

"Basically nullify ranger's range advantage" HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH.  He really just stated that. Give everyone a Pet. Give everyone weapons that reach the exact same distance. Give everyone a a 1200 Range Knock Back with a 12 second recharge. Give everyone joke levels of sustain.

The sad reality of all this is that Ranger Long Bow does way too much damage from way too far. That's the issue and anyone that says otherwise is trying to deflect or obscure the issue. LoL a Long Bow has more range than a Rifle. So so so many builds aren't viable right now cuz Rapid Fire/ Long Range shot just easy mode burst them to smithereens with no skill required.

You are sitting here complaining about the range of a weapon while anet has given you the tool to completely nullify it.

Prior to mount being introduced, how would you have approached the ranger? You would of use skilled, gap closes, stealth, dodges, line of sight to your advantage? You know, had to actually think and use skills. Now, you just warclaw double dodge and the battlemaul and you are in melee range, with every skill ready to use.

Rangers being able to downstate a player off warclaw is a result of whatever bug effects the dismounting of a player when their warclaw gets killed. Pretty sure any class can do it, rangers just happen to be the easiest to do it from. Rangers have always been the easiest class to stomp noobs on… which I suspect is why you are so salty about rangers/longbow. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, displayname.8315 said:

Wirriam.  He said AMA in this thread.

Long bow itself is a mechanic.  If they are doing that much damage with it they are super squishy.  Have you ever tried pushing one?  Their range "can" be a little longer that the normal 1200 everyone gets.  Load them up with a neco staff dump, starting with fear probably. 

I mean what class do you play, maybe its your choice of mechanics.  Everyone gots heals, forms of stability, movement options and ways to break stuns ect ect

Doesn't matter if they're squishy when they have endless burst. It literally doesn't end. Their dps rotation just continues with the same intensity into GS and worldly impact and so on, rinse and repeat. I can't counter something when I've begun the engagement by breaking all of my stuns using all my dodges using all my blocks and then THEY STILL HAVE MORE BURST so Im forced to go for the kill at which point I see 0 0 0 0 0 0 *evade* *block* and then I'm dead

Yall can say it's a get gud issue all you want but the fact is ranger is stupidly op. They do more dmg than you and somehow have more sustain as well.

Edited by solemn.9608
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, solemn.9608 said:

I've begun the engagement by breaking all of my stuns using all my dodges using all my blocks

You should be getting off a few attacks at least while you blow everything you have at the start of a fight like that.  Which you shouldn't really need to do. 

So what class are you talking about, nothing with stability involved, some kind of reflect or projectile nullification?  If that's the case what are you playing something that relies on evade skills or stealth?