BLTC totally unusable

God awfully slow, constantly throws up errors about losing connection to log in servers. 

It is absolute frustrating to use with the connection constantly timing out and even my buying/selling and sold items not even loading up half the time.

This update has pretty much reversed whatever progress that has been made over the last two years to get BLTC to run smoothly after the massive rune update/overhaul and switch to using amazon servers about 4-5years ago which just made using BLTC such a terrible and horrible experience.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, notebene.3190 said:

Seems like every day at reset for the past week or so it's been like this.

I hadnt had such a poor experience for a long time and i was online during the reset yesterday and it was nowhere near a poor experience as it was when i logged in earlier. BLTC always lags and loses connection to the server but its quite consistent being that it doesnt lag for very long with the occasional loss of connection to the server popup only appears once in a while -- I mean, its crap, but at least its not as aggravating enough to putt your fist through your monitor so to speak.

Maybe not yesterday, but what it's doing today and what it did a few days ago  was very similar. The UI wouldn't catch up. You'd go to sell the next thing you wanted to sell and it would pop up with the prices of the 'last' thing you sold, so you were putting stuff up at all sorts of weird prices.

• Thanks 1

Oh yeah... that happens all the time. What you are describing is just every day BLTC behaviour.  What im talking about in my original post is like that but x1000. you spend over a minute trying to put something up for sale. then you'll spend another minute trying to buy or sell another item because the connection just keeps timing out

It's indeed worse than the usual. I also noticed that since yesterday it takes a lot to load a page from the BLTC and it often goes to timeout. Today also the wiki sometimes cannot be loaded (503 Backend fetch failed). I hope no one is causing troubles to ArenaNet from outside, like DDoS attacks.

Edited by Urud.4925
  • Thanks 1

Indeed, the Wiki seems to have joined the BLTC in a go-slow .. many pages never load, most that do taking  30+ seconds .. sales on the BLTC often time-out but the transaction completed as I hear the sound of the mail delivery bird so .. huh?

Oddly, I get regular "can't connect to login server" from in-game but have had no problems actually logging in when changing characters or accounts.

[edit]

BLTC for example just now .. a couple of seconds to bring up the dialog, click "Sell" and get delivery in < 5 secs .. then wait 20+ secs for the dialog to become usable again.

[edit]

Just got the red "Error" message, "quantity cannot be less than 1" .. after selling 3 items .. WTF?

Edited by Kraggy.4169
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wiki has been unresponsive since yesterday. It's either slow or throws error 503.
Trading Post is laggy, gemshop window sometimes doesn't load. Constantly being spammed by Login server error messages. It's been like this all day. I got disconnected twice today. No it's not my connection. GW2 is the only thing that's lagging & wiki. There's clearly something going on with the servers.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ShafterPT.4752 said:

"lack of an anet comment"

Not everyone checks twitter, and if by chance you use the forums ONLY on your phone, like i am at the moment, you dont see the bar off to the side with notifications. Now, players who have been around for awhile should now they do announcements on twitter and look there.

• Like 1

Anyhow, it's worse than ever, SOLID problems for last 15 mins .. click to sell an item, usually the trade dialog opens, click 'Sell isntantly' and immediately get the red ERROR box! .. or else sit there for ages with the 'sell' button grated out.

1 in 25 (maybe) sales work, but the click/ERROR cycle has been constant for the last 5 minutes.

Oh yes, to those above saying READ TWITTER .. nothing about it on there either 😛

Edited by Kraggy.4169
  • Confused 2

• ArenaNet Staff
1 hour ago, Kraggy.4169 said:

Anyhow, it's worse than ever, SOLID problems for last 15 mins .. click to sell an item, usually the trade dialog opens, click 'Sell isntantly' and immediately get the red ERROR box! .. or else sit there for ages with the 'sell' button grated out.

1 in 25 (maybe) sales work, but the click/ERROR cycle has been constant for the last 5 minutes.

Oh yes, to those above saying READ TWITTER .. nothing about it on there either 😛

Good morning, I just checked on this for you! We are aware and we're looking into it. Sorry that's happening--hopefully we'll have it sorted out ASAP.

UPDATE: We're taking the trading post down for a short bit while we sort this out. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2021 at 3:57 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Good morning, I just checked on this for you! We are aware and we're looking into it. Sorry that's happening--hopefully we'll have it sorted out ASAP.

UPDATE: We're taking the trading post down for a short bit while we sort this out. 

Hi....

its back to being horrendous again.

On 8/10/2021 at 10:57 AM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Fire, its back to being broken

AND

Spoiler

Imma dm you an exploit.