PvP is, by far, at its lowest state EVER

Hyraltia.4185

9 years in, we still, to this day have braindead 2 button builds brought on by PoF and HoT. We still refuse to nerf conditions so they have a meaningful interaction with the game not just LOLOLOL 2 BUTTONS 50K BURST DAMAGE "OVER TIME" kitten that they have become. Power has near no place outside a few cheese factory builds (Holo grenades, holy kitten, seriously how is this still not nerfed? it's so braindead for its output and relative safety). We still have ranger pets hitting rando-5ks and putting 20 conditions on as well, enough is enough already.

We had a "big" "balance" patch that was supposed to have a part 2, we never got it, warrior still trash canned. 

The good side of the big balance patch which was bringing damage across the board down massively was literally undone with the next patch and then subsequently, somehow, went to damage levels even HIGHER than pre-big patch.

This is really getting out of hand and it is beginning to feel past the point of return where the devs/balance teams have ANY clue what they're doing or how to fix the cesspool they have created.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Ummm, I don't know how to tell you this, but, condi isn't meta for any profession right now. The only condi build you might see semi-regularly is trapper-ranger, and even that's not all that common. Fireweaver and condi-herald are still viable, but hardly ever see anyone playing those. Condi-core-necro can work, but it's overshadowed by Scourge.

Even when the meta is 99% power, people complain about condis 😐

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Never did I state the meta is currently condition. I stated conditions are still a garbage design that makes no sense.

Current "power" builds all still have heavily integrated conditions tied to stuff that still does too much damage despite being no condition damage in their build.

Current power builds are literally low cooldown "dodge this one skill or take 15k" on a 8 sec cd or lower lol.

Regardless of what the meta is, everything is balanced like a boulder on a toothpick. It's all garbage, skill means nothing when you can, quite literally, face slam your keyboard on several classes and be plat. 

It is the meta of boring and mindless playstyles/builds which should never be top end. You can have easy mode builds, should they perform as they do currently? Hell no. Remember on release, literally first month people cried about condition warrior being braindead, and it was, however it was nearly impossible to die to if you cleansed 1 immobilize or dodged final stab (forget the name at the moment).

Right now we have that release condi warrior but tankier, lower cooldowns, no resource tied to completing it besides 10 sec cd max (warrior relied on lv 3 burst to pull it off). Game is plain low skill boring trash spam. If I want to "compete" it's pick one of 3-4 builds and turn my brain off while I whack my keyboard open palmed. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Hyraltia.4185 said:

Power has near no place outside a few cheese factory builds

So when you said this, you infact meant the opposite. Okay.......

I mean, I'm not saying the current state is fine or anything, but at least complain about stuff that makes sense.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

So when you said this, you infact meant the opposite. Okay.......

I mean, I'm not saying the current state is fine or anything, but at least complain about stuff that makes sense.

That doesn't mean they aren't the meta, the same 3 cheese power builds which are the meta are the only power builds you see. Everything else is condi or, at best, pseudo power that also inflicts 10 billion conditions faster than anyone can cleanse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Ummm, I don't know how to tell you this, but, condi isn't meta for any profession right now. The only condi build you might see semi-regularly is trapper-ranger, and even that's not all that common. Fireweaver and condi-herald are still viable, but hardly ever see anyone playing those. Condi-core-necro can work, but it's overshadowed by Scourge.

Condi is strong.

Using your own perceived meta, or metabattle is not an indicator of what is actually being used, and this is confirmed by playing the game.

Edited by Crab Fear.1624
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

I don’t feel feel like expac classes are a problem except thief which wouldn’t be good if it wasnt for dash- but even then I would feel omegabad for thief players with no dash.

thief profession on average is trash and is made viable by never dying- even then it’s a joke of a class as it is only taken advantage of. Thief is sadge indeed

• Like 1

BUT ...

AND ...

... don't forget (about Warrior): "Berserker has been in a great place with strong support, power, and condition builds that are successful IN ALL content. "

Source: Game Update Notes: May 11, 2021 | GuildWars2.com

🤣😂

Edited by Metzie.3012
Don't trust any statistics that you haven't falsified yourself!
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Metzie.3012 said:

BUT ...

AND ...

... don't forget (about Warrior): "Berserker has been in a great place with strong support, power, and condition builds that are successful IN ALL content. "

Source: Game Update Notes: May 11, 2021 | GuildWars2.com

🤣😂

it can't beat the "elementalist is right where we want it to be" 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Hello. I came back after year or two break and what i see? Last season champions played 30 games to get top 10. Is it not strange? Anyway pvp is too little rewarding. Its great competition very skill based but not much gold earning. Maybe its time to increase value of pvp boxes? Must be it!

• Like 1

if you can't hit plat on warrior you're honestly too bad at the game to be able to complain about it. like if my dumb kitten can get plat on berserker, you should be able to as well. I'm not some sort of god level player.

honestly tho, it sounds like most of the time you don't even understand why you are dying from your original post. it just read as 'mad and confused'.

Edited by choovanski.5462
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Condi is strong.

Using your own perceived meta, or metabattle is not an indicator of what is actually being used, and this is confirmed by playing the game.

Yes, I do play the game, which is how I know that condi builds are not even close to being the majority of what people play.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

21 hours ago, Hyraltia.4185 said:

We still have ranger pets hitting rando-5ks and putting 20 conditions on as well

Where can I find this mythical pet that puts 20 conditions on you? And what do you mean random 5K? There are very specific pet skills that hit like a truck if it has the right boons and modifiers. You not paying attention to them doesn't make them random.

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2021 at 11:00 AM, Hyraltia.4185 said:

The good side of the big balance patch which was bringing damage across the board down massively was literally undone with the next patch and then subsequently, somehow, went to damage levels even HIGHER than pre-big patch.

I don't know what version of PvP you're playing, but reading this I want to play it too. 🤙

• Like 1

Just now, Lucentfir.7430 said:

You should think of it like a gas tank. If you never fill it up it's just going to keep getting lower and lower so it's a obvious but true answer. 

I think rosy-colored glasses are just a serious thing here.  People seem to forget times when turret engis could pretty much win tournaments by stacking 5 in a group and nearly afking with their turrets on points and when cele eles could do all the damage of a DPS role (both power and condi), all the support of a bunker, and have all the sustain of a side-noder.

Scourge and trap guards are cheesy now for sure, but I've seen worse.

21 minutes ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

I think rosy-colored glasses are just a serious thing here.  People seem to forget times when turret engis could pretty much win tournaments by stacking 5 in a group and nearly afking with their turrets on points and when cele eles could do all the damage of a DPS role (both power and condi), all the support of a bunker, and have all the sustain of a side-noder.

Scourge and trap guards are cheesy now for sure, but I've seen worse.

The funny thing here is I don't think a large portion of the current forum population can recall that time since from the looks of from what I observe a a large chunk of them didn't play Gw2 classic. I know I did Zoo necro and turret decap engis were the brainlet builds of that time. 4 ele 1 theif comps, and yes Ele got hammered because of that, and was also a reason why might itself got shaved from 35 per stack to 30. Scourge and trap guards aren't exactly any sort of new cheese either, if anything it's recycled back because constantly nerfing and intentionally breaking builds causes them to rise back up in popularity. 

My view of the game mode is the game back then was balanced for 5v5 team gameplay, and big team fighting , current day feels like they don't take any actual deep thought to their balancing and just nerf or remove what's whined about most on the forum (with some added feedback of shadow council PvP clique)  post made by people that got kitten that they died to a specific setup and think it's unfair and poorly designed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, choovanski.5462 said:

if you can't hit plat on warrior you're honestly too bad at the game to be able to complain about it. like if my dumb kitten can get plat on berserker, you should be able to as well. I'm not some sort of god level player.

honestly tho, it sounds like most of the time you don't even understand why you are dying from your original post. it just read as 'mad and confused'.

Yeah gold was my first rank with warrior berserker and it carried me to plat so easily.

The problem with PvP has nothing to do with balance. If anything I'd say the competitive modes are more balanced than they've ever been, but a severe player drop in PvP due to how the mode itself is badly designed (especially the matchmaking), is the real reason for it being in its lowest state ever.

The whole game mode needs a massive QoL pass before we can even worry about balance. If not then all the remaining PvP players will evac to WvW when Alliances comes around.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

On 8/6/2021 at 6:29 PM, Ragnar.4257 said:

Tell me which pvp power specs n builds are overpowered. Because in my point of view, the most dangerous specs are burn weaver, burn guardian and scourge. I cant remember the last time I was owned by a power build, maybe glass cannon mesmer if he's  lucky to perma-stun me.

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

Tell me which pvp power specs n builds are overpowered. Because in my point of view, the most dangerous specs are burn weaver, burn guardian and scourge. I cant remember the last time I was owned by a power build, maybe glass cannon mesmer if he's  lucky to perma-stun me.

the fact that you think burn guard is the most dangerous says a lot about you.
off the top of my head,
shortbow renegade
power herald
nades holo
d/p thief
prot holo
power scourge
power ranger
even trapper DH is more dangerous then any condi build.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

The problem with PvP has nothing to do with balance. If anything I'd say the competitive modes are more balanced than they've ever been, but a severe player drop in PvP due to how the mode itself is badly designed (especially the matchmaking), is the real reason for it being in its lowest state ever.

The whole game mode needs a massive QoL pass before we can even worry about balance. If not then all the remaining PvP players will evac to WvW when Alliances comes around.

I agree. I am not good enough at the mode to care about balance. What put me off playing it is the small amount of maps (it's not even quality over quantity) and the large amount of bots. It's just boring and the main discussion points in the forums of this mode are the minutiae of balance. That there are so many arguments about it, show how subjective it is.

On 8/6/2021 at 9:56 PM, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Condi is strong.

I play 5 classes in pvp.

Ele, Mesmer, Eng, Thief, Guardian.

4 of them have VERY VERY NOTICEABLY weak condition specs compared to power, which is Mesmer, Engineer, Thief, Guardian. One of them ele which is basically a bunker spec has a viable condition build in sage gear.

So that leave's the classes i don't play.

Rev, Necro, War, Ranger.

Ranger Power is better then Condi trapper.

Rev seems kinda split between shiro and condi so ill give you that rev mains correct me if I am wrong.

Necro's best build is avatar hands down.

War got no condition build what so ever.

What the hell are you talking about.

• Like 2