Remove 10k wvw rank cap

mister anet,

many pple 10,000 wvw rank, having nothing to do in wvw, hit the ceiling, can we have cap removed so i can continue ppt and enjoy it

amount of towers i flip ever since i hit 10k, i'd be like 20k rank by now, double god of wvw

and do something with wvw ability points, 8,744 spare nothing to spend on

thank u,

bez

Edited by Awesome Guild Wars Guy.463
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, Awesome Guild Wars Guy.463 said:

mister anet,

many pple 10,000 wvw rank, having nothing to do in wvw, hit the ceiling, can we have cap removed so i can continue ppt and enjoy it

amount of towers i flip ever since i hit 10k, i'd be like 20k rank by now, double god of wvw

thank u,

bez

I heard that hitting 10k in WvW has some unpleasant side effects, like chat not working or random dc. Did anything like this happen to you?

18 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I wonder how may people got to 10k with eotm..... My guess is 95% of them. 

I don't get why this is a problem when half the people on this forum think winning is worth gloating about - which they do by dodging fights when there's action and capping empty structures in dead time zones.

EOTM had bloated WXP gain and less experienced players, but I assure you as someone that was there a lot (yes, I got many of my ranks there) it had more action than much of what happens in EBG or the BL's today. I loved commanding there when Outnumbered to train pugs on how to deal with groups bigger than your own. I don't take credit for doing much in this community, but I guarantee I turned a lot of people in to full time WvWers by showing them it can be more than PvDoor.

Edited by Shroud.2307

2 minutes ago, Shroud.2307 said:

I don't get why this is a problem when half the people on this forum think winning is worth gloating about - which they do by dodging fights when there's action and capping empty structures in dead time zones.

EOTM had bloated WXP gain and less experienced players, but I assure you as someone that was there a lot (yes, I got many of my ranks there) it had more action than much of what happens in EBG or the BL's today. I loved commanding there when Outnumbered to train pugs on how to deal with groups bigger than your own. I don't take credit for doing much in this community, but I guarantee I turned a lot of people in to full time WvWers by showing them it can be more than PvDoor.

Ohh you know... I'm just pissed that my PC was broken when Eotm was current Content and I would be way over 10k today if I played back then. 

Yes im mad. Yes its dumb for me to be. 

I go cry in my Wvw corner now. 😞

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Ohh you know... I'm just pissed that my PC was broken when Eotm was current Content and I would be way over 10k today if I played back then. 

Yes im mad. Yes its dumb for me to be. 

I go cry in my Wvw corner now. 😞

That is unfortunate 😥.

People bash on EOTM all the time, and although I understand why, I don't think it's entirely deserved either. Like, yes it was mostly ktrains, and there totally were commanders that would talk with each other and purposefully avoid each other, but that's not all it was either.
I had lots of great fights there both small scale and large, so I just don't think of it as negatively as most people do.

Spoiler

One of my most memorable fights in all of WvW happened there tbh.
I was tagged in a squad of maybe 15 with a blob of 50+ chasing us. I was maneuvering us through really narrow terrain and getting my group to turn and burn every time we had 2 seconds to stack. Ended up forcing the other group to drop down a small ledge to get to us, we bombed the hell out of them as they dropped, and the entire zerg wiped. Everyone in the squad was so excited and it felt awesome. Wasn't the first time I'd had a very small group wipe a much larger one, but that was by far the best.

1 hour ago, Justine.6351 said:

I didn't karma train eotm and I have like 5k ranks without having played more than a few hours a month over the last couple years. Kind of annoying to see people blanket accusing people with 10k ranks as eotm farmers.

Legit, some people act like there's no possible way you could be 10k without doing EOTM, but I know people who are Platinum/Mithril and haven't been playing more than 3 years. If WvW is basically all you do in GW2, it's not hard to get to high ranks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

^this

is the most important part imo. best would be to have some new stuff added, which would require like 1k ranks per mechanic, but this "most of your mastery points are basically for nothing" is imo really a problem.

well, most of us own alts yet, idk even the 10k rank cap really matters therefore. you won't get the yet played WXP added in retrospective view, so if the new cap is now, let's say 20k, will take an eternity till anyone will even reach 11k rank. even the guys who played yet absurd amounts of times, or have killed yet over one million pepiks within Wvw

____

i started 2019 and am rank 2700+, even with breaks and only barely one year playing in a fighting guild, but i basically 99% play Wvw, whenever i start up Gw2. the gamemode in earlier days was also simply way more filled up with guilds and players overall, leading to more content. surely, the eotm-trains and certain bugs helped, but that does not change the fact that every launch player can be easily max rank by now.

5 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

People bash on EOTM all the time, and although I understand why, I don't think it's entirely deserved either. Like, yes it was mostly ktrains, and there totally were commanders that would talk with each other and purposefully avoid each other, but that's not all it was either.
I had lots of great fights there both small scale and large, so I just don't think of it as negatively as most people do.

Former EOTM beta tester here: we sent extensive feedback on how to improve the gameplay back then, but sadly all fell on deaf ears. I came back to the game recently, and nothing has changed in that regard: WvW as a whole, and EOTM in particular, is just a big hamster wheel with no real purpose. No, worse: it is not meaningful. You progress toward nothing, you accomplish nothing.

• Like 2

Idk if it's possible to check, I started playing WvW actively after EoTM died out, once pips got introduced and exp gains dropped to kitten. NA K-trains were proper minmaxed, with boosters, especially during the special week events, could get hundreds of ranks easily.

Such game mode being wasted, no reason to play it now, can't make gold out of it, can't progress, there's no reason for servers to compete, no challenge nor reason to push tiers 😞

9 hours ago, vilkanor.3072 said:

No, worse: it is not meaningful. You progress toward nothing, you accomplish nothing.

Cosmetics is not progession.  I still don't get why the PvE is so popular in this game.  Progression was having to get your whole raid guild keys to make it to the next level of raid zones.  In games like EQ or WoW.  "Skins / transmog" whatever you want to call it is a cop out.  If you wanted cool stuff you had to do your epic, and raid hella hard bosses and the gods of the world.  Just watching fractals puts me to sleep its like daycare.. just port in and start, reset real quick after you die.. . lol kids....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Awesome Guild Wars Guy.463 said:

Such game mode being wasted, no reason to play it now, can't make gold out of it

WvW?  I make plenty of gold.  Constantly having to clean out bags from reward tracks and kill loot.  Buy stuff off the gem store and keep some spare gems in case the server goes belly up.

4 hours ago, Awesome Guild Wars Guy.463 said:

Such game mode being wasted, no reason to play it now, can't make gold out of it, can't progress, there's no reason for servers to compete, no challenge nor reason to push tiers 😞

Noooooooooo

No no no no no

NO

You're not allowed to complain about gold.

23 minutes ago, displayname.8315 said:

Cosmetics is not progession.  I still don't get why the PvE is so popular in this game.  Progression was having to get your whole raid guild keys to make it to the next level of raid zones.  In games like EQ or WoW.  "Skins / transmog" whatever you want to call it is a cop out.  If you wanted cool stuff you had to do your epic, and raid hella hard bosses and the gods of the world.  Just watching fractals puts me to sleep its like daycare.. just port in and start, reset real quick after you die.. . lol kids....

yeah except I don't care about PvE and don't want to get involved with it in the least. That's what I dislike the most about how things are now: WvW players are "series B citizens" of this game

1 hour ago, vilkanor.3072 said:

yeah except I don't care about PvE and don't want to get involved with it in the least. That's what I dislike the most about how things are now: WvW players are "series B citizens" of this game

Yeah well they tried with heart of thorns at least.  The desert map was originally made as a map with some progression to it with divider walls so you had to progress thru the map and not just run around ninja PPT'ing all day avoiding fights.

Sadly it was poorly implimented and you could exploit the dividers.  Keeps were glitched, walls were glitched, dragon banners were OP... no patches came for a long time, people quit playing en masse.. the layoffs started..

Fights are still fun tho or can be if got some hard dudes on each side.

Here's to hoping they deliver on EoD.

Edited by displayname.8315