With the Necro Icon confirmed, Only Icon that Fits Warrior is the Bullet

Firstpyre.8439

After the Necro Icon was confirmed to be the spooky potion thing, that means the Ronin Mask is probably the thief since they already have duel pistol, which means we probably get bullet boy. Kind of bummed, I was hoping for a solid warrior support spec that was more than 'place a banner and wander off' but that seems supremely unlikely with duel pistols. Since Necro seems like it's also got the whole gun-fu punch thing going on, what does that leave for warrior pistol-wise?

Is it just gonna be like rifle where you shooty shooty, have a big shot, and wander off? How would it change the burst skills in a different way, since Anet is striving for 'reimagined specs'?

• Confused 6

1 minute ago, Firstpyre.8439 said:

After the Necro Icon was confirmed to be the spooky potion thing, that means the Ronin Mask is probably the thief since they already have duel pistol, which means we probably get bullet boy. Kind of bummed, I was hoping for a solid warrior support spec that was more than 'place a banner and wander off' but that seems supremely unlikely with duel pistols. Since Necro seems like it's also got the whole gun-fu punch thing going on, what does that leave for warrior pistol-wise?

Is it just gonna be like rifle where you shooty shooty, have a big shot, and wander off? How would it change the burst skills in a different way, since Anet is striving for 'reimagined specs'?

Why do people keep posting this meme?

If we get Pistol, then I expect to dual wield it and the bar to be something like this:

AA: Pew Pew quick cast skill with moderate DPS.

P2: 2s-4s CD low damage blast finisher, AoE, ground targeted.

P3: 12s CD pulsing AoE (last 4s). Combo Field, ground targeted. Could be fire or ice.

P4: A backwards evade that leaves behind a series of combo fields (think Scorched Earth type of AoE fields) 16s CD, fields last for 4s. I would make it a poison field.

P5: utility combo field with 20-25s CD. Ground targeted. Smoke field that pulses 1s AoE blinds for 3s would be my bet.

F1: ground target AoE field with high damage pulsing every second for 4s , could be dark or light. Standard 8s CD for Burst skills.

F2: ground targeted blast finisher, AoE, high damage, applies blind for 2s. standard 8s CD for burst skills.

Make the utility skills a bunch of 1200 range bombs that explode, create a field, and then blast said field immediately.

Traitline could then enhance the blast finishers for extra buffs/debuffs, and the fields for extra effects per interval. The other line of traits could be for small to moderate personal DPS increases or self sustain.

New mechanic could also be brand new F1-F4 skills that provide buffs to allies in the area and/or debuffs to enemies.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Because it's a Meme, and Memes are meant to be repeated lol. Tis how they become memes.

In all seriousness, what you've laid out is what I'd like to see, and what my initial thought was - since we don't really have combo fields - but I think it might be too engineer-ish for anet to go with. Fingers crossed you're right though! 

• Confused 2

45 minutes ago, Firstpyre.8439 said:

Because it's a Meme, and Memes are meant to be repeated lol. Tis how they become memes.

In all seriousness, what you've laid out is what I'd like to see, and what my initial thought was - since we don't really have combo fields - but I think it might be too engineer-ish for anet to go with. Fingers crossed you're right though! 

Well, they've said that the especs are essentially cross classes with Spellbreaker being Warrior/Mesmer as an example (though we got meditations of all things then).

Looks like the new Necro is a Necro/Engineer, and this is how a Warrior/Engineer would look like to me.

That or they'll shoehorn Spellbreaker into more of a support role as the bring in the prepatches and this spec will take over as the bruiser spec... Which I doubt will happen.

38 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well, they've said that the especs are essentially cross classes with Spellbreaker being Warrior/Mesmer as an example (though we got meditations of all things then).

Looks like the new Necro is a Necro/Engineer, and this is how a Warrior/Engineer would look like to me.

That or they'll shoehorn Spellbreaker into more of a support role as the bring in the prepatches and this spec will take over as the bruiser spec... Which I doubt will happen.

That would be odd, I agree, because hasn't Spellbreaker always been kinda a more PvP focused elite spec? I could very well be misinterpreting of course. 
What I'd really like to see if we're gonna do a warrior/engineer cross-over is Gadgets as the borrowed utility tree but that might be tooo starkly engineer focused.  Elixirs are a bit more general in terms of theme. 

32 minutes ago, Firstpyre.8439 said:

That would be odd, I agree, because hasn't Spellbreaker always been kinda a more PvP focused elite spec? I could very well be misinterpreting of course. 
What I'd really like to see if we're gonna do a warrior/engineer cross-over is Gadgets as the borrowed utility tree but that might be tooo starkly engineer focused.  Elixirs are a bit more general in terms of theme. 

My idea was 'paper bombs' like you see in popular anime for the utilities.

Well pistols feel more possible now than ever. 

I'm kinda sad tho. I play warrior cause I like melee. To get pistols with the new spec and slot core weapons won't be the same as using daggers for SpB or Torch for Zerker. 

What can I say, we still got 7 icons to go, 6 if the dual swords go to Guard, 5 if we assume the Rev icon is known by all etc. 

I'm afraid that warrior will get something WoD-tier for zergs in a skill and have the rest of the kit be abandoned. Although spellbreaker is the most successful spec rn and I don't think pew pew will replace it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Well pistols feel more possible now than ever. 

I'm kinda sad tho. I play warrior cause I like melee. To get pistols with the new spec and slot core weapons won't be the same as using daggers for SpB or Torch for Zerker. 

What can I say, we still got 7 icons to go, 6 if the dual swords go to Guard, 5 if we assume the Rev icon is known by all etc. 

I'm afraid that warrior will get something WoD-tier for zergs in a skill and have the rest of the kit be abandoned. Although spellbreaker is the most successful spec rn and I don't think pew pew will replace it. 

Depends on how they build the spec. We have so much melee that we're overdue for a ranged espec anyway.

I expect high aoe potential from it. Paired with Signet Mastery and Signet of Might unblockable uptime it won't suffer the same fate in zergs as some other ranged options on other classes.

That and, again depending on the traits, you could drop all those aoes at your feet and blast away to help your zerg.

18 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Depends on how they build the spec. We have so much melee that we're overdue for a ranged espec anyway.

I expect high aoe potential from it. Paired with Signet Mastery and Signet of Might unblockable uptime it won't suffer the same fate in zergs as some other ranged options on other classes.

That and, again depending on the traits, you could drop all those aoes at your feet and blast away to help your zerg.

We will be reduced to blasting fields in 2022? What a dark future for warriors not getting a banner rework, a heal banner and an elite shout. 😪

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well if they rework Spellbreaker to be support it will be nice. I find it strange that they buff damage it on it all the time but the main mechanic FC it is literally for tanking, Like it is not that hard to calculate 2 and 2 together, it was already good support in pvp and WvW, why is it not working in PVE, Raid tanks usually are also support, so giving some support stuff to it will make it viable option . They gave Scrapper AoE quickness and mirage Alacrity (why??? mesmer has chrono already), Spellbreaker should have gotten alacrity some buff on the AoE boons or something. One line of traits for damage, one for boon removal and one for boons and healing , like berserker has one line for condition damage, one for power and one for defense, simple kitten right there , rework on the meditations to be for support instead of whatever they are now and we golden.  

I don't understand how Arenanet doesn't see that Spellbreaker by its design fills that role and covers the basic fantasy trope of every MMO out there that the Warrior is a TANK, no other profession has a main mech that wants to be hit 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

If you want to play support go to guardian class. Warriors are fighters. Nothing more, nothing less.

Good to know, even though every speck you play in WvW and PVE is support, the game is not based on just DPS, just DPS specks are kinda garbage, separate support Elite might let you play the DPS speck as DPS speck. Also the game started with a promise that you can play how ever you like, but I don't have the kittening option of a good support speck on warrior.

Also kitten off I don't want to play the blue class just so I can support, also the kitteners get to play any role they like, why can't I on warrior?      

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Good to know, even though every speck you play in WvW and PVE is support, the game is not based on just DPS, just DPS specks are kinda garbage, separate support Elite might let you play the DPS speck as DPS speck. Also the game started with a promise that you can play how ever you like, but I don't have the kittening option of a good support speck on warrior.

Also kitten off I don't want to play the blue class just so I can support, also the kitteners get to play any role they like, why can't I on warrior?      

You can play support warrior. Its shout heal, banner or boon strip. That's 3. We don't need any more. In the beginning, the game also promised Warrior will remain just about being a warrior and have no magic. Lo and behold, we have burning magic that comes from being angry and we can summon the wind to strip our foes of their boons.

Warrior doesn't need any other spec that makes them feel less like warrior class. Stop trying to ruin the warrior class.

• Like 1

Just now, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

You can play support warrior. Its shout heal, banner or boon strip. That's 3. We don't need any more. In the beginning, the game also promised Warrior will remain just about being a warrior and have no magic. Lo and behold, we have burning magic that comes from being angry and we can summon the wind to strip our foes of their boons.

Warrior doesn't need any other spec that makes them feel less like warrior class. Stop trying to ruin the warrior class.

Get of your high horse, shout warrior has only tactics for support and guess what it is not really that great in PVE. 

And you are ruining warrior by wanting to be one thing, the stupidest thing to want, you sound like those forever WvW players that tank their mode cause change is bad for them, but also want WvW to be popular.  GS/Shield in pvp , Banners in PVE forever, lamest excuse for options in the game, same thing over and over and over , has most the most weapons in the game, but uses 3 set max, and it plays the same on all speck and elites. 
I think you will be fine with the same kitten that has been released till now, you have been catered to enough my man.    

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

Nah, you're straw manning. Literally no warrior main expected nor wanted GS/Whatever&Shield to be the only roaming or pvp build that would be viable. There was a time where Hammer ruled alongside GS and there was Ham/Bow plus much more. No warrior main thought we'd be so pigeon holed for ten years with even our hammer being busted.

People like me were never catered to. We were nerfed and pigeon holed. We were given a lame torch and now share dagger animations with thieves. They didn't do anything for us but erase our favorite builds to make way for lame things that cater to people like you who don't know what a warrior class is meant for. No MMO or RPG has messed up warrior. It was impossible. Now with people like you, its possible.

Dying from laughter, kittener got the base barbarian and the tank specks that are default for all games, and complains they catered to me who wants more options, I for one can't be an effective tank in raid or boon support, or a healer, all I have is hit kitten with a stick, exactly the thing you want, ooo it has banners even though they just give stats and are little bit better signets, the rest of the classes just share the stats with a trait, and the best part no one will take you if you don't have them since, why would you take the big fighting warrior that doesn't bring utility over a guardian that can fill all the spots by pressing a button to switch its build. they were put there so they don't throw the whole profession in garbage bin since it doesn't bring anything else to the table.  

His favourite was hammer/bow, lol the worst and most boring weapon bundles in the game mechanically .

Torch wasn't the big thing on berserker it was the bursts, SB wasn't the daggers it was the burst.

The elites and base are what you want from it, is a fighting warrior with stick that hits people, 3 variation of the same kitten, aren't you happy. Same mechanic on everything and then he complains that warrior is ruined even though they made it like he wanted, you monkey pawed yourself , there is not much options in the walk to something and hit it with a stick gameplay, and here he is saying lets have another go at the same kitten, cause it is working so great right now.

I want options, you want to how you said to pigeon hold it in same old kitten. 

WvW player.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I have been counting on it being the bullet from the day they released the icons! I knew Necro was the flask the moment I saw that one (I have already uploaded an icon prediction to one section of the forum) If guardian is the crossed swords or the mask, then Warrior can be either the bullet or the Juggernaut. However I believe hands down that the juggernaut is an engineer elite spec.

Now lets get this misconseption that warrior's new weapon will just be a boring 'shooty shooty' spec. None of us have seen the elite spec for starters so the doors are open. Since Anet said they have 'broken the rules' on some elite specs, could mean that the bullets will be magic infused attacks/support. The combination of pistols with other weapons is huge, allowing a vast amount of playstyles to come from it.

I honestly cant wait to start combining Pistol with all the other weapon types, warrior has lacked a 1h ranged weapon for too long! Seeing what they've given Necro has given me a lot of HOPE (hehe... made this a year ago as my gamble for warrior) for what to expect on the warrior reveal. I do hope my gamble is not wrong, else i'll have a lump of 2,000-3,000g stuck on my legendary armoury.

I for one welcome a change of theme to the warrior, give it more tech or syphon magic to its newer skills.

(Rather than using the stupid reaction system Anet added onto the forums like a 12 year old on facebook, quote and point out the part you dont agree with or dont understand)

Edited by Smoosh.2718
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 8/11/2021 at 8:19 PM, Smoosh.2718 said:

I have been counting on it being the bullet from the day they released the icons! I knew Necro was the flask the moment I saw that one (I have already uploaded an icon prediction to one section of the forum) If guardian is the crossed swords or the mask, then Warrior can be either the bullet or the Juggernaut. However I believe hands down that the juggernaut is an engineer elite spec.

Now lets get this misconseption that warrior's new weapon will just be a boring 'shooty shooty' spec. None of us have seen the elite spec for starters so the doors are open. Since Anet said they have 'broken the rules' on some elite specs, could mean that the bullets will be magic infused attacks/support. The combination of pistols with other weapons is huge, allowing a vast amount of playstyles to come from it.

I honestly cant wait to start combining Pistol with all the other weapon types, warrior has lacked a 1h ranged weapon for too long! Seeing what they've given Necro has given me a lot of HOPE (hehe... made this a year ago as my gamble for warrior) for what to expect on the warrior reveal. I do hope my gamble is not wrong, else i'll have a lump of 2,000-3,000g stuck on my legendary armoury.

I for one welcome a change of theme to the warrior, give it more tech or syphon magic to its newer skills.

(Rather than using the stupid reaction system Anet added onto the forums like a 12 year old on facebook, quote and point out the part you dont agree with or dont understand)

Agree 100% with the bolded. I honestly do not know why Anet felt the need to add “confused” emojis, as they are 9 times out of 10 used to troll. This community is immature and spoiled trash (keep proving me right, dummies).

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

Just now, crewthief.8649 said:

Agree 100% with the bolded. I honestly do not know why Anet felt the need to add “confused” emojis, as they are 9 times out of 10 used to troll.

It's their only purpose, either they make the reaction emoji's accountable or remove them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1