Legendary armor by pve exploration [Merged]

12 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And yet i've had recently someone telling me that the HoT OW component to Envoy armor is a significant effort, big enough to consider this set to be a HoT one, not a Raid one. And another saying they spend more effort in HoT than in raids on it.

Yeah I also remember someone t elling me that raids were "Too easy" but also "Too hard".  Funny that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If they added a PvE OW way of getting legendary armor, it will be a lot more than just having to explore. You'll have to do Fractals and Dungeons regularly, World Bosses and all of the hardest Jump Puzzles every week, and then put lots of resources and maybe even a Gift of Exploration into each one.

It will be harder than failing through Competitive PvP and WvW. Which is just fine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

The amount of open world PvE needed to be on par with what is required for armor in Raids/WvW/PvP would be so high we would have endless threads complaining about it. I doubt the people who open this topic every two weeks are aware of that.

Map completion is harder than failing through WvW and PvP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Map completion is harder than failing through WvW and PvP.

With all the guides and Tactical Overlay (TacO), it's not.  With mounts, it's even easier, and, if you don't want to use either guides from outside the game and/or TacO, just mounts and the ingame content guide makes it real easy.

The exceptions are HoT maps with all the foes, specifically Tangled Depths, and Desolation in PoF.

Edited by Sir Alymer.3406
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

If they added a PvE OW way of getting legendary armor, it will be a lot more than just having to explore. You'll have to do Fractals and Dungeons regularly, World Bosses and all of the hardest Jump Puzzles every week, and then put lots of resources and maybe even a Gift of Exploration into each one.

It will be harder than failing through Competitive PvP and WvW. Which is just fine.

If you "don't want it easy" and have nothing against instanced content, as well as "doing it every week", then you can just start raiding and get current pve armor, np.

(aaand there we go again, I guess 😄 )

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If you don't want easy and have nothing about instanced content, as well as "doing it every week", then you can just start raiding and get current pve armor, np.

(aaand there we go again, I guess 😄 )

Shh, don't tell people that they could  raid as it'd be about the same effort as any new, non-instanced PvE set that would come around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The easiest thing for them to do would be to make it so that Strike Mission CMs award Legendary Insights.  This way players have 2 paths to get PVE legendary armor:  raids or strike CMs which keeps the challenge in place but allows for some flexibility.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Will.9785 said:

The easiest thing for them to do would be to make it so that Strike Mission CMs award Legendary Insights.  This way players have 2 paths to get PVE legendary armor:  raids or strike CMs which keeps the challenge in place but allows for some flexibility.

So you expect people who cant be bothered to do even the easiest raid boss for li to somehow be able to do CM strikes?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

If they won't even do the easiest raid encounters for LI, why would they bother with the hardest JPs and open world bosses, etc. for legendary gear?

Anything in open world can be accomplished with items like friendly Mesmer portals , tp to friend, zerg a boss and smash away... One specifically need not earn something valuable in pve... Except for super rare random drops but, that too can be bought for gold... Others, friends, strangers can do 100% of the work and the player can still get what they want with a single click... Single click could be a single auto attack on a monster or a single click on Mesmer portal or single click on tp to friend popup. Even instanced content won't pose any form of difficulty whatsoever when partied... U can just stand idle and get what u want...

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

The easiest way to get legendary armor is the wvw one,  as long as you r in a strong sever its so simple.  only thing you need to do is run with zerg group and stay alive.  its will be a bit slower process compare to the pve one. but you dont need to group up with players  to kill hard boss  and also you dont need to lots pvp skill (like the pvp one).

Edited by JUN YANG.4328
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Wait..

Hold on.

1 minute ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Even instanced content won't pose any form of difficulty whatsoever when partied... U can just stand idle and get what u want...

You mean to tell me people can afk in instances and get the rewards?  Then why bother adding new pve armor to the game if they can just afk in raids and get their LI/LD?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

First of all Map completition is easy, maybe tedious for many but not hard at all, for me is fun and I also like JP and underwater content...

But using TacO for mapping, really?

(Knowledge of the territory is one of the first steps to win a war)

19 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Anything in open world can be accomplished with items like friendly Mesmer portals , tp to friend, zerg a boss and smash away... One specifically need not earn something valuable in pve... Except for super rare random drops but, that too can be bought for gold... Others, friends, strangers can do 100% of the work and the player can still get what they want with a single click... Single click could be a single auto attack on a monster or a single click on Mesmer portal or single click on tp to friend popup. Even instanced content won't pose any form of difficulty whatsoever when partied... U can just stand idle and get what u want...

I agree, that is why this things should be done in solo instanced or by completing some personal achievement, so no one can help you.

Edited by hash.8462
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, hash.8462 said:

First of all Map completition is easy, maybe tedious for many but not hard at all, for me is fun and I also like JP and underwater content...

But using TacO for mapping, really?

(Knowledge of the territory is one of the first steps to win a war)

It has all the paths for quick and easy mapping.  It's literally the laziest way to go about it and lazy seems to be the goals of most folks on the official forums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Wait..

Hold on.

You mean to tell me people can afk in instances and get the rewards?  Then why bother adding new pve armor to the game if they can just afk in raids and get their LI/LD?

When I commented about instanced  content being partied, I implied story mode challenges... I didn't think of 10 man content .. but ppl do afk in 10 man content too... Just pay the commander and die in the beginning and afk, collect rewards except few raid achievements where you can't pay your way and afk... Like cairn green, deimos I guess... And sunqua 100cm title achie

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If the next expansion , will not be a bundle with the HoT area , then it will be for the  best to offer the Envoy skin and allure them to buy and play HoT raids to improve it

(if they collect all the pieces , show occasionally and randomly , a "ghost"/projection HoT  NPCs that will attack them (0 damage) or any other ally ghost begging for your help  and then dying in front of your eyes ) .

While EoD will be the Legendary Weapon Unlocks and PoF for mounts .

extra : I don't believe that they will buy the expansion for that reason  , but it will be a good idea to "mention" other x-packs .

And if the Devs are feeling  cheeky  they can reuse the HoT assets for next x-pack (hopefully after 1,5 year) that will consist of 7 layers/worlds  , like "Made in Abyss" , enticing/mentioning in each layer , a GW2 expanion .

Or offering access to each expansion once per week for free (some on Monday , others on Tuesday) , while they are hear a Drunk Old man blubbering about his "random adventure into the Raids or a random  map "...

or his memory is not 100% right and something is different ....

Edited by Noir.8561
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm on board. We're getting a legendary accessory for doing open world activities and story steps, so if they did similar for armor pieces it'd feel no different to me. Make them a time and material sink like the other sets, and we're good to go. I don't consider PvE 'easier' than other methods, but I'd settle for a grind to stave off the cries of 'no fair'.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I'm on board. We're getting a legendary accessory for doing open world activities and story steps, so if they did similar for armor pieces it'd feel no different to me. Make them a time and material sink like the other sets, and we're good to go. I don't consider PvE 'easier' than other methods, but I'd settle for a grind to stave off the cries of 'no fair'.

Should rewards motivate ppl to do new type of content or .... Should any or all kind of reward be tied to one single form of content?

Will ppl be happy if they get one legendary Armor piece every 30 days in the loyalty chest as reward? ...  Or if ppl consider chopping 10000 wood nodes as hard grind hard mode since it involves mind numbing activity and consumes too much time, do ppl think it's okay to get a single legendary Armor piece as a reward for that activity? 

Will introducing these possible alternate ways to aquire legendary Armor , pose a negative effect on existing gamemode, playerbase? Will that inturn affect the existing community, content like SC,MB,LN and some other player improvement content invalid? And make them go out of existence... Slowly... Quickly?

How will that decision affect the playerbase? Will the game survive?

Just thinking out loud... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Should rewards motivate ppl to do new type of content or .... Should any or all kind of reward be tied to one single form of content?

Will ppl be happy if they get one legendary Armor piece every 30 days in the loyalty chest as reward? ...  Or if ppl consider chopping 10000 wood nodes as hard grind hard mode since it involves mind numbing activity and consumes too much time, do ppl think it's okay to get a single legendary Armor piece as a reward for that activity? 

Will introducing these possible alternate ways to aquire legendary Armor , pose a negative effect on existing gamemode, playerbase? Will that inturn affect the existing community, content like SC,MB,LN and some other player improvement content invalid? And make them go out of existence... Slowly... Quickly?

How will that decision affect the playerbase? Will the game survive?

Just thinking out loud... 

If He Dies, He Dies

(couldn't resist)

Edited by Noir.8561
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

I have heard this as well, but, at least n mycase, this argument usually comes from very dedicated raiders who don't generally like the open world. So I guess to peoplelike this, gettong the mats and all that from HoT is more bothersome than killing a few raid bosses. Much like WvW'ers complain about GoE or PvE'ers complain about GoB vica versa, people tend to find what they like less to be more tedious.

That was part of my argument to when talking about this subject with astral. 🙂

I do personally like ow though, and would still say that the open world part of the envoy set is significant. (100 crysteline ore, and a buttload of the hot metas for currencies.) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

If they made a OW set they should not require instanced content period. Otherwise it would destroy a big reason for needing it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

You know, if all the people who didn't want to do raids came together and formed their own groups, there would be a thriving casual raid scene...

Sure, ignoring all the reasons they dont want to do raids maybe. But theres reasons they dont do raids in the first place that arent just "cuz hard."

Raiders dont like being called toxic, but looking at this thread is hilarious.

Edited by Dante.1763
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I fully support OP. If you are WvW player, you can get skirmish ticket for Legendary armor just by playing. You don't have to do anything special. Even I managed to acquire over 3k tickets and I am not even WvW Player. I just jump in for gift of battle.

On Pve side, You have to do hardest content and group up with 10 people that berates you and ridicule you. I don't think people should be forced to put up with toxic people week in and out for armor. I remember this very vividly when I started raiding.

Once, you know Boss strategy, it becomes little better but there are still some players that are toxic toward others if they pull little less dps than expected.

I made more enemies playing this game(raid) than any other event combine game or real life.

So, definitely with OP to have access Legendary Armor availability by playing open world PVE.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3