Legendary armor by pve exploration [Merged]

5 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Can't agree more, i wish WoW all the bad for creating this false paradigm many players and MMOs sticked with. I blame GW2's raids specifically and other instanced content in general for giving Anet an excuse to not bother creating challenging OW content. Though EoD npc having different behavior based on rank gives me a slight hope that things may change and it's a first step.

Hot specifcly had difficult open world, triple trouble and tequatl rising where ùade difficult open world bosses.

The problem with challenging ow content is that people dont want it, people avoid difficulty.

THat has nothing to do with WoW though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

u're attracted to social aspect of the game... u'd do anything taht gives u happiness in terms of social pleasure and mingling with ppl... ure not tied to any specific game modes or anything for those specifc game mode content or specific game mode rewards or profit....

not really i just stumbled in it.

my dilemma is... how would anet sustain a gamemode or attract playerbase to a game mode? will guilds  attract a playerbase to a gamemode? if u are aware of few ppl's post in the forums.. like @Dante.1763and astral poring and @Vayne.8563, you'd know that those guys would never touch the raid game mode even if 9 other players in that instanced content are their friends and they are on discord and they have good rainy breezy drizzly weather and 10 bowls of iceccreams and fries and chips and snacks with them while doing that game mode... guilds would never convince them to do those gamemodes in the least

But they are not the people you need to convince to raid.  

few ppl begrudgingly do the content either for the awesome skin, the QoL the legy armor provides or they hate other ways of aquiring the armors more than this specific gamemode

And a lot of the raid population do it because they enjoy the gameplay etc. Not just rewards matter.

I agree that the skins should stay exclusive though.

17 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

The problem with challenging ow content is that people dont want it, people avoid difficulty.

I don't think it's nececarily the case, the problem might be that many people with very different level of dedication might like the same mode, but when they have to deal with the difficult content together or have to deal with hard content because a more dedicated part of community wanted harder OW content, it might cause frustration for everyone. I personally very much liked difficulty of HoT maps, but the problem is everyone who play OW was forced to play through this difficulty, because main story leads player through it and it's the whole expansion's OW content.

There is still a big room of different design approaches that Anet may try to implement challenging OW content into game.

Edited by Rinagal.9235
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

I don't think it's nececarily the case, the problem might be that many people with very different level of dedication to the game might like the same mode, but when they have to deal with the difficult content together or have to deal with hard content because a more dedicated part of community wanted harder OW content, it might cause frustration for everyone. I personally very much liked difficulty of HoT maps, but the problem is everyone who play OW was forced to play through this difficulty, because main story leads player through it and it's the whole expansion's OW content.

There is still a big room of different design approaches that Anet may try to implement challenging OW content into game.

im absolutely in favor is some more HOT design, but it is important to realise that locking difficulty in instances makes it easier to not interfere with the general playerbase. Even if their is no story through the difficult part, achievements and mapcompletion would still pass trough it. 🙂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

I mean every specific amulet is mode locked.  The new amulet is ls locked,  the old one needs pvp.

Yes, but by time we may reach point where every mode will have it's own legendary amulet, so only skin part will be locked behind specific mode, not the QoL feature.

15 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

not really i just stumbled in it.

But they are not the people you need to convince to raid.  

And a lot of the raid population do it because they enjoy the gameplay etc. Not just rewards matter.

I agree that the skins should stay exclusive though.

He also chooses to ignore(or look past) that i am doing raids and that Astral has done enough to get the li required for all the sets. We did not(Astral) and do not(me) enjoy our time there though. Id have to do them anyways for the Envoy light armor set, which i do want the skin for. So while i do advocate for a OW set its always been caveated to not be Envoy Armor.

Regardless, despite how much i hate raids, i do wish anet would have developed more raid content for those folks who enjoy that style of gameplay. They could have taken it much farther, and added an entire Envoy gear set(jewelry, weapons aquabreather.).

Just not at the expense of making the same content(legendary quality armor/jewlery) locked to content designed for such a small portion of the playerbase to do.

Push people to try raids by all means, but trying isnt what you have to do for Envoy Armor(nor should it, Envoy skins should remain locked to raids.).

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

im absolutely in favor is some more HOT design, but it is important to realise that locking difficulty in instances makes it easier to not interfere with the general playerbase.

It is also important to realise that instanced content lack advantages of OW and in general completely different game experience from open world, and difficulty has very little to do with it.

18 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

Even if their is no story through the difficult part, achievements and mapcompletion would still pass trough it.

Well, how i see it, it should be an optional map, with well hidden entrance (i also think it should have no WPs) and should lack map completion completely (it's actually very important, there is still POIs and vistas, but no reward or checkbox for 100% unlock). Achivements though never were bounded to easy OW content exclusively and cover every aspect of the game, so i don't see problem in it.

Edited by Rinagal.9235

36 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

He also chooses to ignore(or look past) that i am doing raids and that Astral has done enough to get the li required for all the sets. We did not(Astral) and do not(me) enjoy our time there though. Id have to do them anyways for the Envoy light armor set, which i do want the skin for. So while i do advocate for a OW set its always been caveated to not be Envoy Armor.

Thats why i said that you and Astral where not the people for which the convincing is nessecary. 🙂

Regardless, despite how much i hate raids, i do wish anet would have developed more raid content for those folks who enjoy that style of gameplay. They could have taken it much farther, and added an entire Envoy gear set(jewelry, weapons aquabreather.).

In my ideal world their would only be one piece of every type, of legendary so only 2 legendary rings , one amulet ,one pants, and all would need a different piece of content.  Shoes OW map completion, a ring from raids etc.

So a complete set is a sign of haing " completed " the game. Like the completionist cape in runescape as an example.

That can never happen in the current game however. 🙂

Just not at the expense of making the same content(legendary quality armor/jewlery) locked to content designed for such a small portion of the playerbase to do.

Push people to try raids by all means, but trying isnt what you have to do for Envoy Armor(nor should it, Envoy skins should remain locked to raids.).

personally i dont think the size of the intended playergroup is that important (legendaries are niche almost by definition)

But i have not really  a problem with your view. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

It is also important to realise that instanced content lack advantages of OW and in general completely different game experience from open world, and difficulty has very little to do with it.

Yes they feel very different, agreed. (I thought we came to that conclusion way earlier. :p)

Well, how i see it, it should be an optional map, with well hidden entrance (i also think it should have no WPs) and should lack map completion completely (it's actually very important, there is still POIs and vistas, but no reward or checkbox for 100% unlock).

Honestly i really like this hidden map idea. (People will still get annoyed by it though.) 

I do wonder how metas on such a map wouldfunction, as they would need to be decently profitable, but that would lure people for which the map is not intended. (an in contrast to instanced content you can not really choose who to play with.)

Achivements though never were bounded to easy OW content exclusively and cover every aspect of the game, so i don't see problem in it.

Their where complains about strike being needed for the bjora meta. 

1 hour ago, Dante.1763 said:

🤣😂I didnt choose to ignore the fact that ure doing raids for teh armor set...🤭

Think i'm confusing you with my incoherent sentences or ure confusing urself... idk 🤭

I was merely pointing out to @yann.1946that the game mode shd need an attractive factor for new players to try it and then decide whetehr they love repeating the content or not

the attractive factors could be one or all of these:

1. awesome cool skin
  2. QoL
  3. profitable rewards
  4. and rarely, the fact that ppl hate other modes more(wvw and pvp) when compared to this one(this might not be attracting factor but bearable , tolerable)

without the abovementioned 4 factors why would u or anyone would try this(raid) gamemode?

what he ( @yann.1946 ) was suggesting is... a guild based partying system as an attracting factor for new players... so I used ppl like u for example that guild system will not attract new players towards gamemodes but the other factors I mentioned above those are the ones that attract them

but for ppl like u, neither of the factors would entice to play the gamemode more after u got what u want... 

also a curious question: after you got a lot of kp in those gamemodes, and getting 100% success rates in encounters and possible future 100% success rates, with friendly guild and nice situations.... would you consider repeating the game mode after getting all 3 raid armor set?

if your answer to the above question is no,

what is your experience on doing repeated world boss encounters? world boss encounters always have high success rate and otehr pleasant situations nice friends  to hang out 

only difference between the two above questions is the gamemode apart from that friends, success rate is all the same... 10mins for each boss encounters and 15 mins max to get the squad organized and then u need not spend that 15 mins again to wait since squad is filled already and all players are your friends.. u can take breaks between those 10 mins encounters 

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

9 hours ago, genjonah.1253 said:

I am one of the weirdos who actually likes what we’ve seen so far of the new legendary weapon set. That being said, I do not want to also get Aurene armor. Wouldn’t blossoming crystal bloom already count as that anyways? I mean, obviously it isn’t legendary and took nowhere near the resources but wasn’t that the point of the skin?

Not sure to be honest, but thinking about it more it would neat if an Aurene Armor could customizable, as in during the progress of obtaining the Armor you could throw Zhaitan energy into the mix and get a Zhaitan infused Armor or Jormag etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyson.5160 said:

Not sure to be honest, but thinking about it more it would neat if an Aurene Armor could customizable, as in during the progress of obtaining the Armor you could throw Zhaitan energy into the mix and get a Zhaitan infused Armor or Jormag etc.

Ooooh now I’m back on board 

55 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

Their where complains about strike being needed for the bjora meta. 

It's because achievements for instanced content were placed in story journal achievement tab.

59 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

Honestly i really like this hidden map idea. (People will still get annoyed by it though.) 

I do wonder how metas on such a map wouldfunction, as they would need to be decently profitable, but that would lure people for which the map is not intended. (an in contrast to instanced content you can not really choose who to play with.)

I think you just imagine it as a hidden HoT map and don't understand how many things could be done different, i though a lot about it, but it's not a subject of discussion, so i don't think it's a place for me to elaborate more on it.

42 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

It's because achievements for instanced content were placed in story journal achievement tab.

I think you just imagine it as a hidden HoT map and don't understand how many things could be done different, i though a lot about it, but it's not a subject of discussion, so i don't think it's a place for me to elaborate more on it.

Ofcourse I don't know how things could be done differently. But any map needs some reward to populate it. 

That I think is an interesting question how to implement. 

(I was not specifically thinking about hot metals or anything, just the chains of events and reward structure) 

1 hour ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Think i'm confusing you with my incoherent sentences or ure confusing urself... idk 🤭

I was merely pointing out to @yann.1946that the game mode shd need an attractive factor for new players to try it and then decide whetehr they love repeating the content or not

1. awesome cool skin
  2. QoL
  3. profitable rewards
  4. and rarely, the fact that ppl hate other modes more(wvw and pvp) when compared to this one(this might not be attracting factor but bearable , tolerable)

without the abovementioned 4 factors why would u or anyone would try this(raid) gamemode?

what he ( @yann.1946 ) was suggesting is... a guild based partying system as an attracting factor for new players... so I used ppl like u for example that guild system will not attract new players towards gamemodes but the other factors I mentioned above those are the ones that attract them

We'll I think I might have been misunderstood. What I meant with the guild suggestion is that at present the perception that raids are inaccessible is prelevant. 

Whater they are or not is not relevant. 

If their is an easier way to make meaningful connections in the game, and easier access to training and raid guilds then more people will not look at raids as inaccessible. 

I can even make a stronger statement, if fishing actually works as social activity, it will increase raid participation slightly

but for ppl like u, neither of the factors would entice to play the gamemode more after u got what u want... 

also a curious question: after you got a lot of kp in those gamemodes, and getting 100% success rates in encounters and possible future 100% success rates, with friendly guild and nice situations.... would you consider repeating the game mode after getting all 3 raid armor set?

what is your experience on doing repeated world boss encounters? world boss encounters always have high success rate and otehr pleasant situations nice friends  to hang out 

only difference between the two above questions is the gamemode apart from that friends, success rate is all the same... 10mins for each boss encounters and 15 mins max to get the squad organized and then u need not spend that 15 mins again to wait since squad is filled already and all players are your friends.. u can take breaks between those 10 mins encounters 

1. awesome cool skin
  2. QoL
  3. profitable rewards

I didnt see your reply at first xD

The answer is no. Im up to..56? Or is it 60 LI and im already nearing the end of my rope at even wanting to push myself to finish the 150 for the first set.

I never get 100% success rates, and i likely never will. The 3 hour deimos i used above has been my experience and reality for all of raids, no matter the experience of the group i join up to and including joining a static for a day that "clears all wings in 2 hours." <- didnt happen. The worst part perhaps is that it isnt my fault we fail either, the groups i join are not afraid to point fingers at who dun it.

2-5 hours per wing is way to long to be doing content i dont like and thats been my standard experience.

Raids as a content would have to be changed to make me enjoy them, a reduction in difficulty to the level of strikes currently in game is what it would take.

But, i dont want to nerf or reduce the difficulty of raids. I want them left alone and i want the rewards(aside from the legendary quality gear) left alone too. There should be content cattered towards folks who enjoy that challenge after all and they should have exclusive skins(envoy armor skins among them.)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

I didnt see your reply at first xD

The answer is no. Im up to..56? Or is it 60 LI and im already nearing the end of my rope at even wanting to push myself to finish the 150 for the first set.

I never get 100% success rates, and i likely never will. The 3 hour deimos i used above has been my experience and reality for all of raids, no matter the experience of the group i join up to and including joining a static for a day that "clears all wings in 2 hours." <- didnt happen. The worst part perhaps is that it isnt my fault we fail either, the groups i join are not afraid to point fingers at who dun it.

2-5 hours per wing is way to long to be doing content i dont like and thats been my standard experience.

Raids as a content would have to be changed to make me enjoy them, a reduction in difficulty to the level of strikes currently in game is what it would take.

But, i dont want to nerf or reduce the difficulty of raids. I want them left alone and i want the rewards(aside from the legendary quality gear) left alone too. There should be content cattered towards folks who enjoy that challenge after all and they should have exclusive skins(envoy armor skins among them.)

Total tangent but if it's taking a static 2 to 5 hours to clear a single wing, that static needs some major help. There are people who simply cannot pilot their roles or don't even realize they're making mistakes that are leading to catastrophic failure. I've seen groups like this before who can't kill bosses consistently and have no idea why other than "we gotta do it better", or point out surface level mistakes but don't ever fix the root cause (eg. You got ported on vg. But why though? Where was that person's attention when they got ported?) . If you want some help and you're on NA I'd be happy to help your group figure out what's going on.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 8:28 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

You do know what if means right?

Cool, but what that hypothetical was even supposed to show? Try "taking away rewards" from pve and see what happens, I'm sure we'll all be super happy about that 🙄 Quite obviously people expect some ingame rewards while playing in mmorpg, that shows nothing.

13 hours ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

We can have the Raids ones .

Yes, you can have it, just play through the content that rewards it. This is not a new concept.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

That's not an answer to my question. If it's the same, there's no reason to lock it behind anything. If it's different they might need it. It's QOL nothing more at this point. Changing stats on the fly is nice, but changing skins whenever you want for free is a roleplayers dream. Shrugs.

Pretty sure it was already answered to multiple times, one of the answers: Because requiring to play through the broader content of the game than just the -usually very basic- open world to acquire full legendary gear doesn't seem unreasonable. And I'm fine with it exactly because it doesn't give any actual power over the ascended gear. It would be a problem if it did. But it doesn't, so it's not.

13 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I could get most of the attributes I wanted from the five temples in Orr. The TP also existed back then and people could buy stats. And dungeons weren't particularly profitable until they added the gold reward for them. That came much later.

So you could do that then, but somehow can't do it now? You can do it even easier now. You don't need to use mystic forge.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, xenon.3264 said:

gen2 should be split in 2 and 2.5  

2 are those with pve content like hope astralaria nevermore 

2.5 are those with just a HUUUUGE amount of mats like exordium or sharur

gen 3 will be crafter by litterally everyone since we all have the precursor

We don't know what will be the requirements and material costs for gen 3. What we know is that crafting gen 2 was and is more expansive than gen 1. Even if gen 3 will go the other way, it's still not even close to being guaranteed that everyone (or even "majority") will craft those weapons. For all we know, you've pretty much said that anyone who has ~200 gold is crafting legendary weapon (because they can buy gen 1 precursors and apparently having precursor = craftin legendary in your mind). That's just false.

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, you can have it, just play through the content that rewards it. This is not a new concept.

We asked for an easy mode , but  the Raiders said that will slow down the release date of future Raids 😞

Now that we are going in the next expansion , there will be even less people in the HoT areas that don't breath down your necks to do 16k dps . And i can't participate at the Training Guild's Schedule 

An other alternative to get it is very much  appreciated  .

Somewhere i feel welcomed ...

Edited by Captain Kuro.8937

8 hours ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Account Bound on Acquire

Not anymore, many players already working on their OW legendary amulet. There's still good chance it will require something from other mods, but i doubt it'll more than something to "try" mode.

There is a very good reason for that, its the only things being released except festivals until the expansion hits.

51 minutes ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

We asked for an easy mode , but  the Raiders said that will slow down the release date of future Raids 😞

Now that we are going in the next expansion , there will be even less people in the HoT areas that don't breath down your necks to do 16k dps . And i can't participate at the Training Guild's Schedule 

An other alternative to get it is very much  appreciated  .

Somewhere i feel welcomed ...

You don't need any scheduled trainings with a guild. You can open lfg from time to time and get into training/no req raids just like that.

10 hours ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

From whom exactly ?

Thousands of people ?

The end result will be 400-500 whines at Reddit and then a Kotaku  Blog and then the Posts demanding Legendary will seize .

Wait, that's how you want to talk about it? No problem, lets reverse that concept:

Lets leave it like it is now, who cares? The same 5 people that keep constantly flooding this thread in hopes of getting rewards without completing the required contenet? Just let them whine (your words, right?).

So how does that sound now when the same is being said about you?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You don't need any scheduled trainings with a guild. You can open lfg from time to time and get into training/no req raids just like that.

Wait, that's how you want to talk about it? No problem, lets reverse that concept:

Lets leave it like it is now, who cares? The same 5 people that keep constantly flooding this thread in hopes of getting rewards without completing the required contenet? Just let them whine (your words, right?).

So how does that sound now when the same is being said about you?

I tried , LFG was filled with LI .

Twice someone  recognized me from Fractal  , and he knew that i do low dps and kicked me .

Some people flood the forums, because others flood the forums not allowing the first group to have an easy mode .

Then they say on the forums , we don't want those  "bads"  at their groups and tell them to L2P .

How about we put the Raid bosses in the open world , and change nothing  about his mechanic or HP or that he needs 10 people .

The only thing that wil change is the appearance .

Would that count as Raid's and i am allowed to get the Raid Set ?

Or an automatic LFG

Edited by Captain Kuro.8937
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1