Dear ANet: Say something; I'm giving up on you...

CalmTheStorm.2364

3 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Another monthly AT in the books.  And ZERO warriors in high level play.  But plenty of necros, guards, revs, and holos.

The writing is on the wall, Anet.  It has been for some time now.  It's time to do something.

Yet cmc and the other devs will ignore the obvious, or they just dont care.

• Like 1

Honestly how to game devs ignore a whole class community constantly pleading with them for some positive changes due to being blatantly underperforming, I mean even the non warrior communities admit warrior is weak, ud think even half competent devs would see and make changes. How do they ignore their own playerbase considering it's the playerbase that allows them to work in the field they work in. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Honestly how to game devs ignore a whole class community constantly pleading with them for some positive changes due to being blatantly underperforming, I mean even the non warrior communities admit warrior is weak, ud think even half competent devs would see and make changes. How do they ignore their own playerbase considering it's the playerbase that allows them to work in the field they work in. 

Probably because people maybe playing the profession wrongly. That is just what seem to be to me, but can be what you guys are saying.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

Probably because people maybe playing the profession wrongly. That is just what seem to be to me, but can be what you guys are saying.

Playing war wrongly, u mean players that have been playing it over half a decade, most with multiple 1000x hrs on the class more than cmc or any other dev? Or the top players who used to main them in monthly AT's that now don't because the class is underperforming?

Players that don't even play war are noticing that the class needs buffs and u know that if other players on other classes are admitting such than its pretty bad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Man, just got to say. Our +40s cd of 3-4s physical invulnerability get 300s CD nerf, but apparently Necros can walk around with 100% damage reduction in shroud with  protection and Infusing Terror (or frost aura + peppercorn  food for non reapers)

Imagine if every classes main strategy to deal their damage was nerfed as hard as the no damage on cc hit the warrior lol, there would be such a uproar on the forums and reddit.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Playing war wrongly, u mean players that have been playing it over half a decade, most with multiple 1000x hrs on the class more than cmc or any other dev? Or the top players who used to main them in monthly AT's that now don't because the class is underperforming?

Players that don't even play war are noticing that the class needs buffs and u know that if other players on other classes are admitting such than its pretty bad.

My statement don't change. When I was looking for other type of builds just to see how people play as warrior, I just saw the common ones GS + Any (One-hand Weapon)/Shield and the builds were very similar. Less than 10% played some kind of old builds or personal builds that really works.  And the last one was what really take my attention. But otherwise was the very familiar "Spellbreaker better, Berserk thrash...". And I still see people dying to a good Berserker.

If I found thousand of builds underperfoming I really would care. But that isn't the case. Don't ask me to play BannerSlave and even Healbreaker or other kind of crazyness build that I saw. Warrior is not a guardian or any kind of support healer with healing or concentration. It can bring boons, but not as full support.

At the final of my statement I said, could be what are you guys saying are right. Was just my impression when first saw those complaining around the community and the response by the devs.

Edited by Broxxgar.6801

1 hour ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

My statement don't change. When I was looking for other type of builds just to see how people play as warrior, I just saw the common ones GS + Any (One-hand Weapon)/Shield and the builds were very similar. Less than 10% played some kind of old builds or personal builds that really works.  And the last one was what really take my attention. But otherwise was the very familiar "Spellbreaker better, Berserk thrash...". And I still see people dying to a good Berserker.

If I found thousand of builds underperfoming I really would care. But that isn't the case. Don't ask me to play BannerSlave and even Healbreaker or other kind of crazyness build that I saw. Warrior is not a guardian or any kind of support healer with healing or concentration. It can bring boons, but not as full support.

At the final of my statement I said, could be what are you guys saying are right. Was just my impression when first saw those complaining around the community and the response by the devs.

It's always really funny to see WvW players imply that they are better than the people competing in absolute top end of PvP.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

It's always really funny to see WvW players imply that they are better than the people competing in absolute top end of PvP.

@Jzaku.9765 if you are imply this to me, I won't get offended by that. I'm not a WvW player and also not Top end of PvP. I know the builds, professions that are most used on PvP right now.

PvP and WvW are different approachs. My build for WvW is kind different from PvP. Sometimes people will kill me because I'm using a Zerg/Squad Build that has nothing to do with Roam or even x1 build. Let see this example: 2 days ago I died to a Deadeye which here on the forum I said is the most easy to kill from the thief specs, so why did I died? I was with a build for squad, bring some boons, clean condi and nothing really offensive and I was heading to my squad and suddenly Deadeye appeared, take more than 2min for him to kill me with trouble, if wasn't for his stealth and my current build, there was high probability he would be dead in less than 2min. And you know how thiefs like to reset fights... I'm not afraid of commit mistake. In WvW and in PvP you gonna find a lot of thing that goes against the odds.

If you play thousand of builds/weapon with you class, yep you have mastered it. But otherwise if you just play with one build and can't make your own so here are the problem. It's not about secret off meta builds.

On 8/29/2021 at 5:21 PM, Broxxgar.6801 said:

Ah yes the Blizzard WoW Dev approach. That doesn't help anyone. I think it's pretty clear Warrior is not in a good place and much of the weapon gameplay design feels dated even from a 2012 standpoint. Not to mention Spellbreaker abilities are literally not even used in pve or pvp due to being gutted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ochosan.4071 said:

Ah yes the Blizzard WoW Dev approach. That doesn't help anyone. I think it's pretty clear Warrior is not in a good place and much of the weapon gameplay design feels dated even from a 2012 standpoint. Not to mention Spellbreaker abilities are literally not even used in pve or pvp due to being gutted.

Don't know @Ochosan.4071 why you tried me to call me from another company name. Normally when we grow up we have other way to contribute to comunities and to our society. What I said is what I just saw from the company  ArenaNet Devs response. If it was offense to you or to others what I said, just keep up buddy, your time to grow up will come. 

I just contributed to this forum section many times with build, guides and other things I won't say anything to you.

But is so good when we see people playing with other build like  I saw today on my pvp experiences. 'Dual Sword', 'Warhorn Berserk' and many others, that is seeing people take action on be capable of build hiw own skill on a PvP environment, not just copying the build from MetaBattles.

Edited by Broxxgar.6801
  • Confused 3

@Broxxgar.6801

I like the sentiment, and wish we lived in a world where everyone created their own build. But the current reality is that tools in warriors toolkit are mostly all crap. Use any other heal but a traited Mending and you immediately feel the massive hit to your sustain. Dont use bullscharge and you lost one of warriors best abilities for offense and defense.

The choices are all too obvious for warrior... 95% of the classes traits and abilities need to be buffed 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Before I started playing this game I have red everywhere that warrior was Meta and always have been in GW2, now this...The Meta shifts all the time, that's absolutely healthy for the game.

Where is Warrior exactly not necessary and bottom tier in GW2, give me some examples.

There is one build that is OK in PvP... but its widely considered to be the weakest class overall.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Before I started playing this game I have red everywhere that warrior was Meta and always have been in GW2, now this...The Meta shifts all the time, that's absolutely healthy for the game.

Where is Warrior exactly not necessary and bottom tier in GW2, give me some examples.

There are no classes that are "bottom" tier and offer something with their respective meta builds but warrior isn't what you would call desirable. No one really says in chat, "We need warriors." Either WvW, PVE or PVP. Warrior isn't in trouble, it's just not a great class with its lack of synergy, poor utility and sub par team support. Now with the nerfs and unnecessary reworks, Warrior is now unfun plus lacking in the things listed previously. 

Our best PVP build is a duel build but it's only bottom A tier in the right hands, B or C tier with less experienced and less practiced players. WvW has a similar duel build as low A tier or B, C tier and its support zerg option is a bit boring in my opinion which I would say is bottom A tier to mid A tier. PVE has bannerslave and acceptable berserker dps.

Warrior isn't dead but its just not the Warrior class that belongs in video games.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Warrior was completely absent in high level tournament play in the last monthly tournament, and it has been barely present in the past few monthly tournaments, either.  @Verdict is Vengence.6912 is right; Warrior isn't god-awful, but it's bad enough that it doesn't really excel at anything and is routinely passed over for other classes that bring something truly excellent to the table.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

Don't know @Ochosan.4071 why you tried me to call me from another company name. Normally when we grow up we have other way to contribute to comunities and to our society. What I said is what I just saw from the company  ArenaNet Devs response. If it was offense to you or to others what I said, just keep up buddy, your time to grow up will come. 

I just contributed to this forum section many times with build, guides and other things I won't say anything to you.

But is so good when we see people playing with other build like  I saw today on my pvp experiences. 'Dual Sword', 'Warhorn Berserk' and many others, that is seeing people take action on be capable of build hiw own skill on a PvP environment, not just copying the build from MetaBattles.

Not trying to insult you, just saying the mentality of "Perhaps the players are just playing the game wrong" is not a healthy or good mentality to take, and is akin to Blizzard's own faulty way of thinking.

And yes I agree the game is better when people are able to effectively play their own builds well, unfortunately Warrior only has a few options that works well enough for players to excel with in competitive settings. I come from mostly a pvp perspective btw.

1 hour ago, WUROCKET.5182 said:

@Broxxgar.6801

I like the sentiment, and wish we lived in a world where everyone created their own build. But the current reality is that tools in warriors toolkit are mostly all crap. Use any other heal but a traited Mending and you immediately feel the massive hit to your sustain. Dont use bullscharge and you lost one of warriors best abilities for offense and defense.

The choices are all too obvious for warrior... 95% of the classes traits and abilities need to be buffed 

So my reality goes against yours. Look on Youtube how many good warrior you see? 3, 4 or 10? In one of the videos a guy don't even know why he choosed one sigil, he just throw it on the class and let it be.... and the people watching him don't even can note this, that this guy is a bad warrior killing people on unraked. They just copy the build and don't know why they can't accomplish the same results a that guy on the video.

Normally in many of my builds BC is not even there. I just use BC on builds focused in other purporse when I'm using power composition for GS.

Mending is the medium Heal skill for me. Normally my fight the dmg goes 3 or 4 times of my health pool. So you can know how much dmg the enemy has to do to get me down, and mending can't cover it. And the dmg comes from everything, condi, power even falling from high places.

About dmg on matchs, is preferable that your dmg really kills the enemy them be a spammable AoE dmg that just increase your dmg on graphs and don't kill the enemy.

Look on this match today:
I was with a team with a Spellbreaker and me as  Core war. When I see him I imeddiately change my build so we could work together.  On the enemy team was also a Spellbreaker and a Berseker. As the game goes I kept following the objective and appeared in the exactly momment that my team needed. The game was clearly tied 200-200 and on this game I just died once protecting a node home point.

As the game kept going my denied opponent build clearly was appearing on the game. Was indeed atested when their Spellbreaker and DH could not Support to much CC  and DMG at the same time and they loose a important battle against me and another DH. I completly broke their Spellbreaker and their Berserker could not do dmg on me because I don't walk with low armor. They also had Necro as every match has, but he could not do to much. I just don't remeber if was a Reaper or Scourge.

At the end of the match their  Spellbreaker decided  to go against me on x1. What happened? For at least 3 minutes he could not sustain to much CC and DMG and as the fight kept going he definely feel the 5.9k Critical Dmg of Fierceblow and get downed with his GS on the ground as the Hammer triumph.( Just to note here, I was playing with high latency and some problem 300ms or more) So the fight was even hard for me.

@WUROCKET.5182 again strategy overcome META.

Edited by Broxxgar.6801

1 hour ago, Ochosan.4071 said:

Not trying to insult you, just saying the mentality of "Perhaps the players are just playing the game wrong" is not a healthy or good mentality to take, and is akin to Blizzard's own faulty way of thinking.

And yes I agree the game is better when people are able to effectively play their own builds well, unfortunately Warrior only has a few options that works well enough for players to excel with in competitive settings. I come from mostly a pvp perspective btw.

Thanks, glad for your answer. I don't even bother about it. I don't know about Blizzard and their action against their player base and I don't want to know, because I'm not on it.

And in competitive settings people just want to play the most easy way, the  called "most effective tatic".  When good player as Warrior,Mesmer, and other classes appears, them the meta will change again. Note that has good warriors  here on  the forum and on the youtube too .

Show 'data' to Devs and they will proably listen to you.

Edited by Broxxgar.6801