Druid - Proposed Competitive Changes - Defining What Is Wrong With Druid - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Druid - Proposed Competitive Changes - Defining What Is Wrong With Druid

2>

Comments

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

yo did you change your avatar cuz you're angry with the patch/ game?

Te lazla otstara.

• Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Everything has Stealth and Hard/Soft CC lockdown nowadays.

You do realize current Holosmith is pretty much a Soulbeast DPS combined with a Druid sustain, right? That isn't even an embellishment. I dunno how anyone can come in here and make a statement about Druid like this, while there are builds in play right now that greatly outplay the Druid in every catagory, DPS, Sustain, Disengage, Support, CC, everything.

Yes, that's an issue that the feb mega patch was trying to address. Let's not regress back to pre-feb just because holosmith ignored the patch entirely.

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why focus on CA when everything else need changes first?

The absolute first priority are the weapons and utilities.

It doesnt matter how good the class mechanic is when skill 1 to 0 are not even worth pressing.

Just let glyphs extend CA duration like Rage skills do for berserker.

Rage skill are on the same level as druid glyphs. Low impact.

But that way, they would become "usefull" and fix the short uptime of CA.

I mean.. what else are you gonna play in a support role? SaR? Pfffff

And dont get me started on how druid needs traits to get where other classes start.

Having to take a trait so Warhorn gives regen?
    Add the fact that warhorn is nothing more then a blast finisher...

Speaking of, staff boils down to exactly the same.
    "It has a blast finisher"

If all that is fixed, then buff CA.

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2020

My apologies, this got posted in the wrong thread. Editing comment out. Screwy phone.

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    yo did you change your avatar cuz you're angry with the patch/ game?

No

I just play as Gank now. Way funnier.

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2020

Yeah so it really hit me hard today when I stopped to really take a look at the effective party support and damage output that Scourge is providing vs. Druid's support and damage provided. The Scourge has not only super barriers, but also tons of cleanse and might buffing. It also spits out a ton of boon to condi conversion.

What happened there?

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2020

Druid has different advantage.. it lacks of stability but heal and condi remove it can be better than fb also it has more cc than fb.
    I have been playing support druid healer in wvw.. pretty cool.. anet need to buff glyph a bit more and to provide druid with retaliation / stab.. I also been enjoying druid in PvP ..

Death is Energy [DIE] & Bongbong [BB] in FoW
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭

Druid should not be a thing in sPVP. It is already said not all specs should be meta in all game modes and Druid because it's design is something that could go wrong in so many ways.

• Tinkerer.2167Tinkerer.2167 Member ✭✭
    edited July 27, 2020

@Talindra.4958 said:
    Druid has different advantage.. it lacks of stability but heal and condi remove it can be better than fb also it has more cc than fb.
    I have been playing support druid healer in wvw.. pretty cool.. anet need to buff glyph a bit more and to provide druid with retaliation / stab.. I also been enjoying druid in PvP ..

so basically mender's scourge literally counters it more than it already counters FB then? it's a non-offender against good players in a team composition and is an easy focus in team fight setting pretty much an insta down for a cleave , tempest is better in all ways than both fb and druid... it being a side noder is another story though. it can be strong.

• HeadCrowned.6834HeadCrowned.6834 Member ✭✭✭

@anduriell.6280 said:
    Druid should not be a thing in sPVP. It is already said not all specs should be meta in all game modes and Druid because it's design is something that could go wrong in so many ways.

Deadeye shouldnt be a thing in any gamemode.

• @anduriell.6280 said:

it's not anything in pvp already LOL , hasn't been for a VERY long time so it's working as intended for pvp.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thinking on trying my WvW DPS staff/LB build in PvP for the lulz and see how it does.

Been having a blast with it and people assume im condi where im a druid cuz i mean...who plays a DPS druid...so subpar harhar

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    CLOK Commander and all around nice bro