Looking for a new mouse for GW2 specifically. Any recommendations?

I use a Logitech G400, which is probably a bit old now (I've had it for years) but I really like it. It's got 5 extra buttons - two on the left side and 3 down the middle. Not a lot but it's enough for me, and I find the software easy to use, even for more than basic keybinds. (Before action cam was introduced I used a script to do the same thing - turned one button into a right mouse toggle, so when I pushed it the game thought I was holding down the right button until I pushed it again, or pushed the right button.)

The deciding factor for me is actually that even though it's technically a right-handed mouse it's comfortable to use in my left hand and I can reach all the buttons, but that's probably not an issue for you.

If I was looking for a replacement today I'd definitely go with Logitech again and probably the G300s, because it seems the most similar to what I've already got.

I have a Logitech G402 though that might exceed your price range..

It's the best and most comfortable mouse i've had over the years, fits in my hand perfectly though that might just be cause im so used to it lol

I play with Dodge bound to mouse wheel click, and Target nearest enemy and F1 bound to the 2 side buttons.I've found this config to be exceptionally comfortable and useful for playing Gw2 and been using it for years.

This is entirerly personal and up to the size of your hand, your grip and how much controls you "need" on the mouse.

Personally I left the Logitech camp long ago - not because I didnt like them, I churned through some 10+ variants of the MX5xx series and its laser replacements to the point I literally wore down the paint, but because they are tiny and made for girly hands. I grew out of them. I moved on to using Razer Deathadder which has perfect design for me and nowadays seem to be technically decent (think the early Deathadders always broke after a year, have a pile of them lol). I only use two thumb buttons - dodge and weaponswap. Thats good enough for me.

Many people swear by the MMO variants (Naga). Them I find too bulky.

The only other mouse I have really loved was the Steelseries WoW Cataclysm mouse, lol. Damn I miss that mouse. So big you could probably kill someone by throwing it at them.

Well, I'm kind of old school and what I suggest might be different than the others. I use a micro usb keyboard and a Logitech laser mouse (corded). I paid total for both, 16 dollars after taxes.

I personally find it much better to use a keyboard for skill actions and have a much higher APM with it (and reactionary APM). I used this keyboard in games like Aeon which had tons of skills (almost the full keyboard worth) and was able to pull off combos and kill people that outgeared me pretty vastly; things that you just can't do with a mouse - even if it does have all those fancy buttons. Granted this is GW2 and you don't need high APM or lots of skills, but I still believe that keyboard play is better in the long run.

Anyways, if none of that is important to you and you just prefer to be able to play with one hand the others offered great advice :)

Trackball lover here. Nothing beats a nice ball for smooth movement in game. I use a ELECOM M-HT1URBK Wired Trackball with 8 buttons. Extremely programmable, has a very nice control panel that comes with it, super easy to clean. About $50 on Amazon. I have been bashing away on it for about 18 months and one button is starting to get finicky.

I also use the Logitech G600 MMO mouse. I do run into a couple issues with it. One of the buttons somehow changes the numbers to either be above the letters (1-0) or to the 10-key so NUM (1), etc. I also have an issue of jumping off mounts because G9 is skill 1 and Raptor is G-shift + 1. I could probably do a better keybind setup to make that not an issue, but I've not tried to change those thus far.

Someone already pointed out that mouse preference depends on the person, hand size, etc. I prefer the Logitech G300s with the (4) extra buttons on the top of the mouse. I've always had trouble with buttons on the side.

I saved that trackball suggestion to an Amazon list, might check into that at some point. I used a trackball years ago, but for gaming found it to not be as quick as a mouse. Has that been a problem for trackball users?

I recommend A4Tech Bloody v7. Its so good it got me banned on CSGO. Not kidding. Comes with its own software, so customizable that you almost get aimbot. Its super comfortable, your palm doesn't sweat on it, looks great (the red light bloody hand is pusling), super heavy duty cable, has teflon metal mouse feet so they don't wear off and won't scratch the surface its on, doesn't need a mouse pad necesarily its very precise, water and dust proof sensor (yes it works on a watery surface), 3 interchangeable macro templates, very MMO friendly, comes with a cleaning cloth, 2 stickers, 1 extra pair of mouse feet (just in case) and its between 20-35 bucks. Theres other models aswell (check their official site), I have v7 since 2011 from amazon, still looks and works as new. Don't get caught in big brands names, not necesarily the best (razer deathadder for example, big fail).

I have a Logitech G502, and I'm very happy with it. I've noticed no glitches of any kind.

I used to have a Razer Naga Chroma. Worst $120 I've ever spent for gaming. Jumped randomly around the screen, clicked things all on its own, tech support gave multiple contradictory responses, etc. I'm not sure its follies were limited to GW, though.

I see today that the G402 is cheap right now, like $22. I believe that is because the G502 is replacing it/making it obsolete. I also see my beloved G300s is nowhere to be found on Logitech's site so fear it is discontinued. I ordered a spare off Amazon.

@Daddicus.6128 said:I have a Logitech G502, and I'm very happy with it. I've noticed no glitches of any kind.

I used to have a Razer Naga Chroma. Worst $120 I've ever spent for gaming. Jumped randomly around the screen, clicked things all on its own, tech support gave multiple contradictory responses, etc. I'm not sure its follies were limited to GW, though.

Have the same one and it's fine. I has a similar experience with a Razer. I got rid of it within days of purchase.

@Daddicus.6128 said:I have a Logitech G502, and I'm very happy with it. I've noticed no glitches of any kind.

I run G502 as well. Best mouse I've had so far, with great longevity.