Is EOTM alive on any server? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Is EOTM alive on any server?

jokke.6239jokke.6239 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 11, 2020 in WvW

Everytime I go there and ask map if there's anybody there.. there's never an answer xD
It was a nice place to get WvW daily and WvW achievements for someone like me who prefer PVE
And still a lot of achievements in there I don't have

Comments

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

EoTM is all servers (sided by color).

And no there isnt any real point of EoTM since it was a solution to a problem (completely broken queue system) that wasnt there anymore (it was fixed some months before EoTM came out).

Anet should have incorporated the map in WvW proper long ago (replacing one of the duplicate alpines) but here we are in 2020, 2 expansions and 4 or so LS worth of PvE content later with next to no new WvW content.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think it's only last utility is the occasional supplies it drops into your HBL, and doing the warclaw collection when your server is getting it's face repeatedly pushed into the toilet and there is no feasible way for you to get a keep within your playtime.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

There is a rumor of an evil cabal that knows EXACTLY the que size and they will fill all 3 factions, with alt accounts if necessary. If you try and login during their startup you can sometimes get in but if they notice you they ALL report you and you are instant banned. So there are quite a few people still playing it but you have to have the connections to get an invite. Two of my friends mysteriously disappeared trying to get in. Rumor is they did infact get in but were forced to sever all former contacts to prevent spread of knowledge of their existence.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• uberkingkong.8041uberkingkong.8041 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2020

@Dawdler.8521 said:

And no there isnt any real point of EoTM since it was a solution to a problem (completely broken queue system) that wasnt there anymore (it was fixed some months before EoTM came out).

Anet should have incorporated the map in WvW proper long ago (replacing one of the duplicate alpines) but here we are in 2020, 2 expansions and 4 or so LS worth of PvE content later with next to no new WvW content.

@gousgou.5438 said:
    EotM is a missed opportunity to shake things up a bit with WvW. They could give it the same rewards and rotate buffs/debuffs weekly (like no downstate etc). No mounts and no gliding as well to bring back the old WvW feeling as well.

EoTM was a huge success.
    GW2 nerfed the rewards
    GW2 killed EoTM

I remember the days of 5+ instances of EoTM FULLY PACKED ALL SIDES

• KeyOrion.9506KeyOrion.9506 Member ✭✭✭

Edge of the Mist was live before the Legendary Back Piece. Anet's version of getting body's back into WvW. It worked. EotM emptied out, and every went for the back piece. However there was repurcussions. People went back into wvw main, got burned out, and pretty much said screw it. Now Several servers don't have the manpower to do...much of anything. It's all one big "fight" and i'm starting to get bored of it.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@gousgou.5438 said:
    EotM is a missed opportunity to shake things up a bit with WvW. They could give it the same rewards and rotate buffs/debuffs weekly (like no downstate etc). No mounts and no gliding as well to bring back the old WvW feeling as well.

EoTM was a huge success.
    GW2 nerfed the rewards
    GW2 killed EoTM

The rewards where never nerfed - they never existed in EoTM to begin with.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2020

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@uberkingkong.8041 said:
    EoTM was a huge success.
    GW2 nerfed the rewards
    GW2 killed EoTM

Due to loudly crying WvWler the typical karma-train WEXP gain rate was nerved from above WvW to below WvW

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dayra.7405 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@uberkingkong.8041 said:
    EoTM was a huge success.
    GW2 nerfed the rewards
    GW2 killed EoTM

Due to loudly crying WvWler the typical karma-train WEXP gain rate was nerved from above WvW to below WvW

The normal XP gain was removed throughout at the same time..

The ONLY reward ( other than a slightly lower reward track gain) that is different in EOTM is that there is no skirmish track. Ie pips.

That’s it. The news of the demise of rewards in EOTM is greatly exaggerated.

Thank You for the {MEME}