Elementalist should have access to Resistance (via traits and skills)

katniss.6735

This has been the worsening problem with the game, really, especially as balance becomes PvE-centric with a few PvP curveballs in there. WvW has become a total circus. The power creeps have far outshined the sustain creeps. At this point WvW is just "who can bomb first" -- there's little counterplay, that's why portal bombing is such a popular crutch when you're at a numerical disadvantage. And I certainly don't blame anyone for portal bombing...if you know you don't have the numbers to win a bomb-first boonstrip meta, drop the bomb in the middle instead.

My opinion though is I think condis are actually in a really good spot. I think ferocity, toughness, vitality and several boons (like stability and resistance) need to be reworked. Because as the condi meta gets stronger and stronger and more diverse and more engaging and more fun, all of these older game mechanics become more useless.

Personal condition cleansing doesn't need a buff. And certainly not on ele. If one person get shat on by 5 people running condition builds its hardly because conditions are overpowered, it just feels worse than getting shat on by 5 power builds.What the game needs is more generous group cleanses among the classes that don't already have AOE cleanses and ways to actively sustain condition effects as well as a group is able to sustain power damage. For example, the Light Aura's condition damage reduction needs to be more potent than -10% damage to be worth the time. Protection negates 33% of power damage. I wish resistance reduced condition damage by 33%, then the balance team could be more liberal with handing it out to the other professions and for longer durations. For heaven's sake, its called resistance, not immunity.Perma -33% is a lot less overpowered than perma -100%. Or even 50% up time -100% (i.e. warriors).

The whole balance concept was just handled... poorly.

~ Kovu

I think increasing access and usage of condi clears would be better. resistance should be kept as something you have to use utilities to get (obv not all classes adhere to that atm, but whatever).

Having more ways to defend urself and increasing the skillfloor in order to counter the OPness of tb/dire gear would make alot of sense. Dire and tb should be tank control gear.....it shouldn't be giving you numbers greater than zerker and tank close to nomad.

IMO they should reduce resistance sources all across the board. Make it a rare boon to get with a short duration., but also make it uncorruptable. It is a hardcounter to condi. Of course condi spam is huge now, but create resistance spam is band-aid fix.

@ThunderPanda.1872 said:just nerf condi

Bad ideas are still bad. Blindly needing an entire damage type is a poorly thought out way to do anything. Although I am sure you were just trolling by being intentionally vague, I will entertain the notion anyway. If you feel condition builds are problematic, the reasonable resolution s simply to identivy the problematically over powered skills and adjust them specifically.

@Justine.6351 said:I always thought stun breaks that broke a stun could use a couple seconds of stab to prevent immediate re-cc. So I suppose I could go along with condition removal skills that remove a condition could grant 1.5 seconds of resistance.

Right now giving yourself stability is basically fearing yourself. <,<

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Justine.6351 said:I always thought stun breaks that broke a stun could use a couple seconds of stab to prevent immediate re-cc. So I suppose I could go along with condition removal skills that remove a condition could grant 1.5 seconds of resistance.

Right now giving yourself stability is basically fearing yourself. <,<

Necromancers corrupt long duration stability. You don't think they actually time their corruptions do you?

no.. resistance is a stupid way for ANet not balance conditions.... resitance needs to be something else and condi burst over and over need to be adressed. i have to run full dedicated condi cleanse guard to actually fight since im not being carried with some gimmicks classes.

@Hitman.5829 said:An elementalist complaining about conditions? What are you? a bad player?Diamond_Skin

I was thinking the same thing. Ele is one class that has access to so many condi clearance.Look at other traits like: Stop, Drop, and Roll 10 Dodge-rolling removes burning and chilled conditions from you and nearby allies.Cleansing Water Remove a condition when granting regeneration to yourself or an ally.

And there are skills on dagger/scepter/focus...all of which remove conditions.Maybe you want to play full berserker and so those trait lines and skills are dmg only so thats why you complaining.

Archived