What use is Stomping now?!

DevilishLyx.2340

Its really only useful on small scale fights. You have to be aware of downed skills, for example you know a guardian will always try to knock you back when stomping, and eles will use vapor form etc. It is also important to be aware of how other enemies and allies react, will enemies run away, will people converge on the downed to rez/stomp them, or will they cover the area in aoe.

I only really stomp when roaming or in a havoc group.

That aside, we need more use for them finishers. I say Anet should let us duel in open world. Would be fun to request duels from friends or even strangers without having to go to a PvP custom duel rooms or Guild hall arena.

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:It's also why people don't bring warriors for banners anymore.

"The Magic Bubble Of Almost Same Color As Friendly Bubble" is so incredibly important that Warriors without the Bubble do not exist anymore. When you say Warrior, you actually mean "the guy who will cast the Bubble". That is their only job, and it also separates good Warriors (placing Bubble at good position at right time = fight is won) from bad (bad Bubble placement and/or always on cooldown when required = fight lost).

@FogLeg.9354 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:It's also why people don't bring warriors for banners anymore.

"The Magic Bubble Of Almost Same Color As Friendly Bubble" is so incredibly important that Warriors without the Bubble do not exist anymore. When you say Warrior, you actually mean "the guy who will cast the Bubble". That is their only job, and it also separates good Warriors (placing Bubble at good position at right time = fight is won) from bad (bad Bubble placement and/or always on cooldown when required = fight lost).

Oh people call it bubble? Our guild calls it boob. So used to that, it actually took me some time to digest what u meant. Yeah I do agree with you, but good zerg warriors are judged by how precise they can follow their tag's boob "bubble" calls. I see many warriors who actually place "bubbles" at good position at right time but fails a zerg because he can't listen to voice comms and it turns out the tag has other plans/strategy in mind. The state of the meta right now demands voice comms more than ever and we are yet to get in game server/map voice chat.

Stomping is how roamers contribute to the PPT, stomping with a BL awards 1 pt, major BL 2pts, Superior BL 3pts. Note the points are only awarded for stomping not killing.

Edit: Props to the BG druid that kept throwing himself into me and my bro’s crosshairs over 20 times to give us a capital contribution of +40 for the skirmish 2 nights ago. We really appreciated your salty tears. :kissing_wink:

A lot of my deaths come from trying to rez someone who's probably not going to make it because I can't take the guilt of watching them on the ground with their hand waving at me. But then like half of my deaths are me trying to get greedy stomps and half of those probably aren't even my takedowns and sometimes I'll go for the stomp instead of the revive and we both end up biting it and I gotta do the walk of shame with them from the waypoint back to the fight. It's all points in the end though right?

As said, in zergs it's never been a thing really, when quickness effected stomps it could secure a large rally, but over all the whole zerg should keep going and only gank etc taking care of stomps if available and not applying pressure to back line casters. Outside of that stopping to stomp is a loss of DPS/CC etc

In small man and roaming it can be a win/lose choice, what class is downed? ele? DPS. Guard? do you have stab or a block available? Thief? Do you have a port up? etc etc. This choice will also change based on position, will they bomb on you or try for a res? Are you trying for a rally or should you keep pressure on the others before finishing? It was used far FAR more back before the quickness change.

@Arlette.9684 said:Stomping is how roamers contribute to the PPT, stomping with a BL awards 1 pt, major BL 2pts, Superior BL 3pts. Note the points are only awarded for stomping not killing.Only 1 war score per finisher with Bloodlust regardless of minor/major/superior.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World#War_Score

PS. Fix Vengeance and alt-F4 when downed.

@Eme.2018 said:Stomping was never a thing in zergs .

Baloney!

Maybe it isn't for you or your server but it wins fights when many of your own players are downed.

WvW is going downhill so fast it's about lost the ability to know what are good mechanics and what arethe worst additions and inequities ever created in an MMO war game.

Condi doesn't always beat power, but it almost always does - and mitigation is a joke - even with eight condi removals...

Archived