metawiki is DELETING BAD RATINGS ...

Arkantos.7460

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Catty.3894 said:Metabattle you mean? Make sure to make comments explaining criticism, to help newbyes make an informed decision.

This was already explained on their discord, long story short: some people here on the revenant subforum openly discussed flooding the build with bad ratings because they thought that'd make Arenanet buff rev. They found out about the vote manipulation so ratings were removed. OP can't even spell the site's name correctly so you get a glimpse of what kind of people are trying start drama.

@witcher.3197 said:

@Catty.3894 said:Metabattle you mean? Make sure to make comments explaining criticism, to help newbyes make an informed decision.

This was already explained on their discord, long story short: some people here on the revenant subforum openly discussed flooding the build with bad ratings because they thought that'd make Arenanet buff rev. They found out about the vote manipulation so ratings were removed. OP can't even spell the site's name correctly so you get a glimpse of what kind of people are trying start drama.

source?

@"Arkantos.7460" said:if u use metawiki for gw2 just stop.... as example all bad Ratings on Powershiro will be deleted to keep power rev alivealso other builds like ele weaver or ranger get there up just by deleted bad ratings ...cheersuse your own brain to decide what you want to play

In other words players wanted to buff a class by faking the rating system and are now starting a drama spreading false information"Ego" and "Informed decision" doesn't go hand to hand with one another

Accept the truth, adapt, move on-you will be a better person

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

@"Catty.3894" said:Metabattle you mean? Make sure to make comments explaining criticism, to help newbyes make an informed decision.

source?

wa48B24.png

Apparently they discussed this topic with them on discord shortly after and sorted things out, but you can join their channel and scroll back a few days if you're that interested.

@witcher.3197 said:

@"Catty.3894" said:Metabattle you mean? Make sure to make comments explaining criticism, to help newbyes make an informed decision.

source?

wa48B24.png

Apparently they discussed this topic with them on discord shortly after and sorted things out, but you can join their channel and scroll back a few days if you're that interested.

I expected more then a screenshot with a name blotted out,so forgive me if I remain unconvinced. I'm open to this possibility however for now i'm not taking any sides.

source?

wa48B24.png

I expected more then a screenshot with a name blotted out,so forgive me if I remain unconvinced. I'm open to this possibility however for now i'm not taking any sides.

Ok here's a link. All it took was googling the phrase in the quoted post.Edit: I see you found it., there's no delete button so this edit will have to do.

source?

wa48B24.png

I don't understand how you'd remain unconvinced when he literally gave you exactly what you were looking for... Glad you found the thread though.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

source?

wa48B24.png

I don't understand how you'd remain unconvinced when he literally gave you exactly what you were looking for... Glad you found the thread though.

names were blotted out( I understand the forums ridiculous policy is reason why prolly) however given the weight of the accusation i'd be a bit warry in taking a side untill stronger evidence presented itself. but yeah i found the thread.

source?

wa48B24.png

names were blotted out( I understand the forums ridiculous policy is reason why prolly) however given the weight of the accusation i'd be a bit warry in taking a side untill stronger evidence presented itself. but yeah i found the thread.

There really isn't much weight to the accusation, he and some other people thought the build was bad so they gave it a bad rating. For the record I am not involved in this "conspiracy".

@"JVJD.4912" said:

In other words players wanted to buff a class by faking the rating system and are now starting a drama spreading false information"Ego" and "Informed decision" doesn't go hand to hand with one another

Renegade had a build in "great" since the release. That was madness.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

source?

wa48B24.png

There really isn't much weight to the accusation, he and some other people thought the build was bad so they gave it a bad rating. For the record I am not involved in this "conspiracy".

There is, he did not say the build was bad.

He said:

''Friend and I decided to put bad ratings on Metabattle, since that's apparently how the balance team balances this game, him and I with 4 other people had put bad ratings. Metabattle deleted them all to keep it at a "great" rating. Absolutely pathetic honestly. Actually triggered me hardcore. Deleting ratings to ensure it doesn't drop from the PvP meta.''

While it does not 100 percent without a doubt disprove that thier toughts are genuine, it sure as hell atleast paints a reasonable possibilty to argue the narrative that they intentionally tanked the raiting for A-net to buff it.

infact the closest u will get to him genuinely thinking that the build is bad is the following ''Maybe you should actually play the class before judging it to any Rev's gameplay in PvP. PvE is a different story when it comes to the class itself. Learn how badly the trait change affects rev before assuming it's somoene's gameplay.''

he says the trait change affects revenant badly.

oh and

''Since I said it once, I'll say it again. Anet balances off of Metabattle.com, and yesterday Revenant had a "67%" rating overall, and was considered a good build. Mind you after several of us posted ratings in order to make it go to such a state, the Metabattle mods deleted all of them again. This isn't a coincidence. It's getting extrelemy kittening annoying the way they're forcing it to be in a meta state of the game, when it's clearly not. If people could post ratings there that are honest about the class, please do. This is just coming to the point of ridiculousness.''

in which all u get is what he accusses metabattle off and or calling it not meta.

U can maby extrapolate and interpretate that he finds it genuinely bad. but that says nothing of his other friends who absolutely bombed the power shiro raiting with 10's of raitings at the same day and within vastly smaller timeframe then how builds are normally rated at metbattle.

To argue that this is atleast not suspect, is something I'd be really hardpressed to believe.

There is a solid case to be made for this. And even then in the end Power shiro litterally got jumped 2 tiers below it's put in the same tier as ragezerker, Power Druid, core burn guard, etc.

@Arkantos.7460 said:if u use metawiki for gw2 just stop.... as example all bad Ratings on Powershiro will be deleted to keep power rev alivealso other builds like ele weaver or ranger get there up just by deleted bad ratings ...cheersuse your own brain to decide what you want to play

my question is why they thought anet would look at metabattle score to make decisions on what things to change? if anet does have a habit of doing that it's a really bad practice. changes should only be made based on observable game play and testing nothing more.

@"trunks.5249" This is why.

Karl McLain: The team does indeed keep an eye on popular builds found on websites like Metabattle and takes them into account when making balance updates. When approaching balance updates, we try to not improve already strong builds as much, but instead make efforts to improve lesser-used aspects of the combat system.

Source: https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/interviews/arenanet-discusses-the-balance-in-tyria-1000012242

I hope it's only a small part of what the team actually does to make decisions on balance changes.

Monitoring it on websites created by a handful of people that don't really represent the player base IS a "weird pratice" as @Lilyanna.9361 stated.But then again I stopped caring for what anet does with the game long ago. It is always more fun to come to the forums to read the aberrations that others post about classes and things that they know shit about it. Lol

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Arkaile.5604 said:@"trunks.5249" This is why.

Karl McLain: The team does indeed keep an eye on popular builds found on websites like Metabattle and takes them into account when making balance updates. When approaching balance updates, we try to not improve already strong builds as much, but instead make efforts to improve lesser-used aspects of the combat system.

Source:

I hope it's only a small part of what the team actually does to make decisions on balance changes.

This actually disgusted me.Is that your kitten excuse for nerfing ele so many kitten times, because of these metabattle cucks still somehow saying auramancer is 'fine'.

I am actually kitten livid more with Karl, then even the balancing team because he OPENLY admitted this and has the gall to say they try to buff weaker classes, when that is a blalant lie.

That isn't how it works though, and that is not what Karl said either.

This is the full quote:

MMORPG: How much does community feedback through official forums, reddit and in game, impact the team’s decision making? Does this ever create a feeling of unrealistic expectations that clashes with the team’s plans?

Karl McLain: The team gets feedback from a variety of ways. Forums, Reddit, Discord, media outlets, direct communication in game, Vulcan mind-melds… we get a lot of it, and it’s easy to get lost in. When making changes, if we run across valid feedback on the area of interest that could potentially change the design direction we’ll do some evaluation by comparing it against other feedback, analytics, spreadsheet values, and a few other points. Feedback and general player discussion definitely does influence us. While it may not seem like we listen to players at times, this is due to how large the playerbase is and the variety of feedback that comes in as a result. Feedback can differ in the extremes even from players playing the same game mode using the same profession. We can listen to both pieces of feedback, but we may only act on one or the other (or neither of them if we don’t feel it’s a solid direction for the game).

This entire "Anet balances based on Metabattle" is a whole lot of deliberate misinterpretation of what Karl actually said.

Tell me how is that profressional in any sense or manner? You only see these odd and weird practices from Anet. I never have been to an mmo where they are getting ideas or even remote feedback from outside sorces besides their own game forums and specific areas that are set up by specifically them like reddit.

That legitimately makes zero sense.

Are you seriously telling me that monitoring customer feedback is a "weird practice"

Read again.I said specific websites. Websites or thread not created by their own team. Websites or threads that do not have the Anet tagline.

If I remember correctly Metabattle was not made by an official anet employee that has asked the public for feedback.

And the "etc." also including sites that are not made by said employees asking for public feedback.

Do you see the difference and why I call it strange? I will give feedback like somewhere like here or Anet's reddit thread, not somewhere random like metabattle and places like that where it could be a skim at most, where people have a higher chance to be bias.

@"Halikus.1406" said:Monitoring it on websites created by a handful of people that don't really represent the player base IS a "weird pratice" as @Lilyanna.9361 stated.But then again I stopped caring for what anet does with the game long ago. It is always more fun to come to the forums to read the aberrations that others post about classes and things that they know kitten about it. Lol

Karl said they monitored a variety of websites, with metabattle listed as a example

They do not exclusively monitor metabattle. They monitor a number of third party websites in addition to the forums.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"Halikus.1406" said:Monitoring it on websites created by a handful of people that don't really represent the player base IS a "weird pratice" as @Lilyanna.9361 stated.But then again I stopped caring for what anet does with the game long ago. It is always more fun to come to the forums to read the aberrations that others post about classes and things that they know kitten about it. Lol

Karl said they monitored a variety of websites, with metabattle listed
as a example

They do not exclusively monitor metabattle. They monitor a number of third party websites in addition to the forums.Correct!

The stupidity of some people is unbelievable. Do they think the devs are completely retarded?

When you are a dev you use a lot of sources (websites, forum postings, own tests, monitored gameplay, youtube videos etc.) to get an impression what the playerbase is doing with your content.

Archived