Path of Fire Launch Trailer discussion

jokke.6239

I expected something of higher production value than the base lw trailers we've been getting. Music was great and the cutscenes looked neat (esp the one with the pc was really cool). But, judging from trailers like in ep 4 and 5 where cutscenes didnt make it in game i dont have high hopes these will make it either. Overall it was... ok i prefered the stylised Hot trailer but thats just me.

CGI trailers are ridiculously expensive. I wasn't expecting anything too epic anyway. I'm hyped for this expansion without all the media flair. Mounts that remove the need to have speed buff builds outside of WvW and new areas to explore. The promise of new mechanics, JPs, and events is all I need. Plus, the addition of more legendary trinkets. Hopefully they'll add effect toggle options or add trinkets to the wardrobe soon (along with movement toys, which are now sort of obsolete).

@"Endless Soul.5178" said:Did I see Rytlock and Canach side by side? Can you imagine the banter between those two? :)

It looked like there already was some starting. :)

Also, did anyone else notice the large dragon-like claw stomping on people after Kass (I believe it was Kass) said: "we can't do this on our own"? I wonder if an Elder Dragon is going to lend us a claw? :open_mouth:

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:

@"Endless Soul.5178" said:Did I see Rytlock and Canach side by side? Can you imagine the banter between those two? :)

Also, did anyone else notice the large dragon-like claw stomping on people after Kass (I believe it was Kass) said: "we can't do this on our own"? I wonder if an Elder Dragon is going to lend us a claw? :open_mouth:

That was my immediate thought! Is this Big K teaming up with us to take down a God? That would be epic! The talons on that claw were bigger than the enemy it was stepping on! SO EXCITED!

kinda looks like they just had no time left and made this, a trailer should make ppl exited for the game/expansion but this doesn't even give me a smile let alone goosebumps.the CGI trailers GW1 had gives you a story, a clue or exiting history to chase after.this trailer however, it just shows some random fighting scenes and some talking...that's it.

@Purgatori.3645 said:

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:

That was my immediate thought! Is this Big K teaming up with us to take down a God? That would be epic! The talons on that claw were bigger than the enemy it was stepping on! SO EXCITED!

I sure hope Kralkatorrik won't be standing still and take a one-sided beating from Balthazar like Primordus did (i'm still angry about that. The one considered to be the strongest Elder Dragon defeated and forced back into slumber without even getting the chance to fight back. Talk about unepic! And the same crap happened to Jormag too. è_é), but i don't think he will "lend us a claw". Kralkatorrik seeks nothing but chaos and destruction, and i don't think that will change (that is also the reason why his former champion Glint decided to ditch him).

@eduardo.1436 said:If you look closely there's a scene were you are riding a jackal, Kasmeer riding a skimmer, and Rytlock and Canach riding raptors. Ppl were making jokes of rytlock riding a springer, a bit sad that didnt happen :( I think the springer is too "cute" for a dramatic scene? What a shame

I want Rytlock riding Logan (in a PEGI 12, children friendly way). Can someone sketch it?

Archived