A deathmatch mode is desperately needed

emblack.3754

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Nilkemia.8507 said:We had that. It was called Courtyard. Turned out most people didn't like it much.

Ooo, it was fun, but actual issues for Coutyard were:
  • Respawns;
  • Being in Conquest que, so many people had to play with their Conquest builds.

Courtyard was epic fun for the time it was around. Tho they did kind of just made a conquest map and took out nodes lol. Felt like a conquest dancing circle could be by both spawns and middle. If we had a actual well made 5v5 TDM map with que plus all the little 2v2 maps. Conquest would offically die.

Who wants to stand and dance around in little circles when you can use the whole map as your battlefield.

Circlequest is just too zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz

So basicly for anything new they wanna add the counterargument is: 'it will kill conquest'. Why force an audience into mode A if they've been asking for mode B for years? That's not growing your community, that's trying to stop it from dying and that's just a matter of time imo. Veteran players who left the game won't come back when they hear: omg, conquest is so good now, they added maps and bla bla bla. Something entirely NEW on the other hand might.

@Kraitan.8476 said:So basicly for anything new they wanna add the counterargument is: 'it will kill conquest'. Why force an audience into mode A if they've been asking for mode B for years? That's not growing your community, that's trying to stop it from dying and that's just a matter of time imo. Veteran players who left the game won't come back when they hear: omg, conquest is so good now, they added maps and bla bla bla. Something entirely NEW on the other hand might.

It's not that it will kill conquest, it's the fact that is going to split the SPvP players pool.To me here's the problems

• There are not enough players to have a different modality.
  • There are not enough players to support all deathmatch possibilities ( 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 and even a stupid mode like 1v1 ).
  • No respawn ( deathmatch ) would mean XX secs queue ( at best ),30 sec for map selection and 1 min for team preparation. And combats will last 20/30 sec due to GW2 mechanics, so no the best deal.
  • They can't split ranked into 2 modalities ( after their big fail known as stronghold ).
  • Stomp and downed state would definitely be a problem since the team will stack as for PvE ( GW2, if you remove capture points, is all about dmg and boons stack ).

@Nilkemia.8507 said:We had that. It was called Courtyard. Turned out most people didn't like it much.

It's not the Deathmatch that ppl din't like..it was really the design of the map. The map design It self left to much incentive for zerging. Design the map better so no zerging. Also small boost like in the gladiator ring spread out all over to force players to split up for quick advantages. Also the old map was kinda ugly & to chaotic to look at. Make it cleaner & less junky looking. If i was Anet i prolly use & test out the Dragon ball map with the same rules & quick individual boost for a death match. Except we got all our abilities. We should just test it out.

U know what it needed more than a deathmatch? For Anet to stop releasing new gamemodes and burrying them under crappy systems and forget them.cough stronghold, 2v2 cough cough (id prefer stronghold to be a payload attack/defence and 2v2 to be 3v3 instead) but ehh anet... "pvp releases and wvw ones are ouside of expac's" and "and by updates we mean new incentive to do old content, balance patches and llamas". The incentive to push new pvp modes is there the support for them isnt tho, no new wvw map since hot etc etc.

I want it to, but balance isn't good enough for this. Also it would have to be smaller games like 2v2-3v3 (1v1 would be nice but it might not be possible)The 2v2 rooms are fairly good maps, but with out proper support to just queue into them they fail by design.

What I want is A-net to openly start working towards this.

For Free for all death match you can jump in to on a whim the mists Arena is fine, would be nice to get some loot tho.

I'd just like to point out that Random Arenas in GW1 is deathmatch, and the system where you keep going if you win worked well to keep queue times low.

Oh also, I'd like to point out that I've given up on Guild Wars 2 PvP at present. And something like Random Arenas might actually bring me back.

@Crinn.7864 said:Deathmatch is not fun.

This is purely a subjective opinion with no constructive criticism... I can point out why, for me, conquest is not fun:1) It detracts from fighting which it where GW2 excels - combat! - and promotes a moba-like behavior where you ultimatelly care more for an objective rather than your personal performance.2) It encourages zergs and stacking that, surprisingly, is considered a plus by the GW2 pvp community. In every other MMORPG outnumbering your opponent to win is considered cheap and dishonorable.and last but not least3) It feels... artificial. Like there`s no conflict but rather a sport like baseball with swords and spells.This is how you state your opinion, backing it up with arguments.

@LaFurion.3167 said:Arenas. This game needs 2v2/3v3 ranked arena system.

My wet dream dear god. So many people would play this. No more circle jerking in the circles, or running around in WvW looking for fights that sent 1v40

This. A million time this. And to make it last so it won`t feel like you waited more in the queue than played the match, A-net should implement rounds. 2 out of 3 rounds gets the win. Please A-net, make it happen!

Archived