2/6/18 patch notes

Aninika.6819

Revenant

Power-build revenants have been languishing behind their condition-build counterparts. Impossible Odds, Phase Traversal, and the Focused Siphoning trait were changed to give the Shiro Tagachi invocation and the Devastation specialization more burst potential. While targeting particular changes, the renegade elite specialization received several short-bow damage increases and legend energy-cost improvements in PvP and WvW to smooth their gameplay in a competitive arena.

Herald: Facets that were active when mounting will now reactivate when you dismount.Fixed a bug that prevented revenants from gaining energy while mounted if they were below 50% energy.Temporal Rift: The condition-damage application from this skill has been split between game modes. This skill will apply 4 stacks of confusion for 8 seconds in PvE, and 6 stacks of confusion for 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Phase Traversal: This skill is now unblockable and grants 3 seconds of quickness in addition to its previous effects. Fixed a bug in which this skill could be used on targets outside of its range.Impossible Odds: Reduced the energy drain from 10 to 8 per second. Gaining quickness has been replaced with inflicting a secondary strike when hitting a foe.Banish Enchantment: This skill has been split between game modes. Confusion remains at 3 stacks for 6 seconds in PvE, but this skill will now inflict 5 stacks for 2 seconds in PvP and WvW.Spontaneous Destruction: This skill has been split between game modes. Confusion remains at 3 stacks for 6 seconds in PvE, while it will now inflict 5 stacks for 2 seconds in PvP and WvW.Shattershot: Increased damage by 30% in PvP and WvW.Spiritcrush: Increased damage by 25% in PvP and WvW.Scorchrazor: Increased damage by 333% in PvP and WvW.Heroic Command: Reduced the energy cost from 15 to 10 in PvP and WvW.Orders from Above: Reduced the energy cost from 235 to 230 in PvP and WvW.Breakrazor's Bastion: Reduced the energy cost from 10 to 5 in PvP and WvW.Razorclaw's Rage: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 15 in PvP and WvW.Icerazor's Ire: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 20 in PvP and WvW.Soulcleave's Summit: Fixed a bug that prevented the fire-field tooltip from displaying. Reduced the upkeep energy cost from 9 to 8 in PvP and WvW.Dismantle Fortifications: This trait has been replaced with Brutality, which grants quickness when you swap weapons and causes your strikes to remove stability while you have quickness.Changes have been made to Song of the Mists skills as listed below:

Call of the Assassin: Increased the damage inflicted by this skill by 86% in PvE.Call of the Demon: This skill now inflicts 2 stacks of torment for 6 seconds in addition to its previous effects in PvE. It inflicts 1 stack of torment for 6 seconds in PvP and WvW.Call of the Dragon: Increased the damage inflicted by this skill by 75% in PvE.Call of the Renegade: Increased the bleeding inflicted by this skill from 1 to 2 stacks, and increased the duration from 5 seconds to 8 seconds in PvE.Focused Siphoning: Increased the damage inflicted by this trait by 33% in PvE.

Serene Rejuvenation: Reduced the alacrity duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.

Oh good, more random damage increases for SB with no change to the reason the kit sucks ass. I'm also a little confused as to the pointless energy reductions to the spirits in WvW/PvP only. I guess it's so you get to feel like they're a little less of a waste when they get immediately cc'd into oblivion before doing anything at all. Besides that, a couple changes to Shiro/Devastation that will not really help a ton besides some gimmicky stability zerg removal shenanigans with hammer and some mount bug fixes. I'm so glad we waited three months for this.

What a joke from devs who don’t have the slightest clue how bad this class is and how to fix it. Meaningless energy reductions on garbage Kalla skills means you might stay in the garbage legend a bit longer in PvP/WvW. The garbage spirits are still going to get immediately ccd and/or destroyed in anything more than a 1v1, so what’s the point? Why didn’t they apply the spirit energy reductions to PvE? Are they oblivious to the fact that scorchrazor is slow AF and seven shot is utter garbage??

Shortbow damage increases in PvP/WvW are retarded because you still have 0 defense on shortbow (or on any Rev weapon that you can choose as a renegade for that matter).

I’m assuming they meant 33% on scorchrazor and not 333% and 25 to 20 on orders from above, not 235 to 230...they don’t even bother proofreading the rev changes probably because they know no one will play this garbage in PvP/WvW anyways.

The rework on impossible odds is beyond terrible. The only good build Revs had in wvw (hammer) is gone now.

Nice job devs...you’ve exceeded our expectations with this terrible update. Worse than we thought.

As expected they still don't understand why Renegade isn't viable in PvP, and in some extend in PvE, it's not a question of damage, it's a question of wether or not my skills can hit my targets, Bloodbane Path misses 50% of the time on moving target, Sevenshot is just an horrible skill to use on moving target and you cannot use it in melee efficiently, Spiritcrush cannot be used without a line of sight, when you can with Choking Gas/Cluster Bomb, and Kalla is still useless there as they still haven't decided if she was supposed to use wells or phantasms, and I'd rather not talk about the lack of mobility skills with her, or simply diversity, as her skills have the same use across the board, and also half of the traits are kind of useless too.

Shattershot: Increased damage by 30% in PvP and WvW.Spiritcrush: Increased damage by 25% in PvP and WvW.Scorchrazor: Increased damage by 333% in PvP and WvW.Heroic Command: Reduced the energy cost from 15 to 10 in PvP and WvW.Orders from Above: Reduced the energy cost from 35 to 30 in PvP and WvW.Breakrazor's Bastion: Reduced the energy cost from 10 to 5 in PvP and WvW.Razorclaw's Rage: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 15 in PvP and WvW.Icerazor's Ire: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 20 in PvP and WvW.Soulcleave's Summit: Fixed a bug that prevented the fire-field tooltip from displaying. Reduced the upkeep energy cost from 9 to 8 in PvP and WvW.

Nice, that this buffs are PvP and WvW only, LOL.Nice try ANet, thx -.-

Honestly, I've been complaining about how weak rev is and to nerf everything for like months now on these forums, but I don't see how everyone is so salty, this is like the best patch for rev in forever. Renegade still won't be great in pvp, but don't act like those massive energy cost reductions are nothing. This will bring it from sub garbage tier to just not good tier. Why you all are complaining about the kalla buffs all being for pvp is baffling; renegade is already very strong in pve, it's strong in raids and does competitive dps while healing rev works in comps where people arent stubbornly clinging to the chrono meta.

Also the shiro buffs are not terrible? Dismantle fortifications, a completley uselesss trait, was changed to something worth considering in pvp, quickness on weapon swap is dope. How is no one excited about the impossible odds changes? The damage with this turned on using sword 4 or sword 3 is going to be good.

Also, scourge, firebrand, and mirage nerfs. This is the first time I've felt something besides raw crushing disappointment after a patch.

@Flauvious.6195 said:Honestly, I've been complaining about how weak rev is and to nerf everything for like months now on these forums, but I don't see how everyone is so salty, this is like the best patch for rev in forever. Renegade still won't be great in pvp, but don't act like those massive energy cost reductions are nothing. This will bring it from sub garbage tier to just not good tier. Why you all are complaining about the kalla buffs all being for pvp is baffling; renegade is already very strong in pve, it's strong in raids and does competitive dps while healing rev works in comps where people arent stubbornly clinging to the chrono meta.

Also the shiro buffs are not terrible? Dismantle fortifications, a completley uselesss trait, was changed to something worth considering in pvp, quickness on weapon swap is dope. How is no one excited about the impossible odds changes? The damage with this turned on using sword 4 or sword 3 is going to be good.

Also, scourge, firebrand, and mirage nerfs. This is the first time I've felt something besides raw crushing disappointment after a patch.

The shiro buffs have limited PvP impact. I like the impossible odds change, but that is the extent of it. The renegade changes can only be described as funny. You know when someone looks deeply at water and comes to a conclusion it’s a liquid. That is where we are for renegade.

Well they managed to Nerf hammer rev without making power rev players change the way they use imposible odds (to spam auto attacks) at least this confirms Arena net know what we do with revs.This also buffs staff AA damage so I might reinstal gw2 to test this out.Glad Ventari revs are untouched în Wvw.Also for People who complain about SB:we got a frog leap on Malyx and a rol back that costs energy on Shiro so Sb will never get an evasion frame skill.

@Jack Skywalker.5674 said:Well they managed to Nerf hammer rev without making power rev players change the way they use imposible odds (to spam auto attacks) at least this confirms Arena net know what we do with revs.This also buffs staff AA damage so I might reinstal gw2 to test this out.Glad Ventari revs are untouched în Wvw.Also for People who complain about SB:we got a frog leap on Malyx and a rol back that costs energy on Shiro so Sb will never get an evasion frame skill.

I am not sure about: “Anet knows what we do with rev.” Their idea of buffing renegade in PvP is to reduce summons energy costs. If that does not indicate clueless, not sure what does anymore.

@otto.5684 said:

@Flauvious.6195 said:Honestly, I've been complaining about how weak rev is and to nerf everything for like months now on these forums, but I don't see how everyone is so salty, this is like the best patch for rev in forever. Renegade still won't be great in pvp, but don't act like those massive energy cost reductions are nothing. This will bring it from sub garbage tier to just not good tier. Why you all are complaining about the kalla buffs all being for pvp is baffling; renegade is already very strong in pve, it's strong in raids and does competitive dps while healing rev works in comps where people arent stubbornly clinging to the chrono meta.

The shiro buffs have limited PvP impact. I like the impossible odds change, but that is the extent of it. The renegade changes can only be described as funny. You know when someone looks deeply at water and comes to a conclusion it’s a liquid. That is where we are for renegade.

Renegade changes fail to solve the main issue with why renegade is bad in pvp, but the do help. But yes it still won't be playable. I guess I just don't care that much because renegade skills are boring and even if it was good it just doesn't seem like a very fun thing to play in PvP.

The shiro changes don't massively buff PvP rev, but rev didn't need massive buffs. What it needed was for the path of fire cancer to be nerfed. And to some extent that happened.

@Klypto.1703 said:So when we only needed more condi removal they nerf the things they hadn't nerfed yet and let the condi load continue.

I don't think that better condi removal is a must, because our condi management or our stability access was always crap and some other aspects (as high damage) made us viable in the past. But the nerfs were utterly uncalled, SPECIALLY due Revs were alreday barely visible in the PvP scene.

Talking PvP/WvW only.

Renegade is still a dumpster fire, nothing has changed there (probably).

Shiro changes were awful. At least PT nerf is getting reverted. Quickness on weapon swap is meh. The only reason it sounds dope is because we lost better quickness access lmao.

Btw Impossible Odds has a global ICD on the extra hit effect. You'll get maybe one extra hit out of sword 4, 2 extra hits out of staff 5 and sword 3. And no quickness. Hooray?

@BeepBoopBap.2840 said:

Talking PvP/WvW only.

Renegade is still a dumpster fire, nothing has changed there (probably).

Shiro changes were awful. At least PT nerf is getting reverted. Quickness on weapon swap is meh. The only reason it sounds dope is because we lost better quickness access lmao.

Btw Impossible Odds has a global ICD on the extra hit effect. You'll get maybe one extra hit out of sword 4, 2 extra hits out of staff 5 and sword 3. And no quickness. Hooray?

I disagree, the shiro changes feel great. They're reverting the pt nerf? That's awesome, it's going to be a straight buff. Just try it; take the quickness traits and sigil of agility, you will have a ton of quickness without having to use impossible odds. The internal cd is only 1/4 sec just like soulbeast elite; you will get it on every hit of unrelenting assault. switching to shiro, switching to swords and turning on impossible odds is crazy burst.

@BeepBoopBap.2840 said:

Quickness on weapon swap is meh. The only reason it sounds dope is because we lost better quickness access lmao.

Comfy to use staff 4 tho.

Archived