Mounts and WvW

Brother.1504

naaaa... the thrill of the WvW game is that rush to get to the other side of the map "just in time"! to save the tower or keep... or NOT. For me that makes it more fun. Keeps and Towers will always flip... otherwise we won't have anything to do. So it's the fun of the challenge to get there in time, then hopefully wipe the enemy. If we always had the ability to get there pretty much RIGHT NOW, then we might as well remove the walls and just fight in the field. Just my thoughts.. ;)

@Brother.1504 said:For many reasons mounts in the current pve form present problems for wvw. But I still want them.

You and me both.

At least raptors. People seem to forget you cannot mount unless you are not currently in combat, anet would likely create a different set of masteries for the mounts and that they would likely be paired with territories.

The same people vehemently against mounts are probably the same people that were vehemently against gliders and are probably inclusive to the population of players who are currently enjoying the benefits of gliding (aka everyone at this point).

@Threather.9354 said:They should addMount vs Mount vs Mount vs Mount Gamemode.Where you ride with mounts and no1 can catch each other.

The return of jousting!

It would make things a lot faster, but do we necessarily want faster? Trying to ninja an objective across the map would happen more, and response times would be quicker. But this would also overpower the large zergs even more, since they would effectively police all maps with ease and run back into the fray easier.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Brother.1504 said:For many reasons mounts in the current pve form present problems for wvw. But I still want them.

You and me both.

At least raptors. People seem to forget you cannot mount unless you are not currently in combat, anet would likely create a different set of masteries for the mounts and that they would likely be paired with territories.

The same people vehemently against mounts are probably the same people that were vehemently against gliders and are probably inclusive to the population of players who are currently enjoying the benefits of gliding (aka everyone at this point).

ah not me. I always wanted gliding, but definitely not mounts.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:naaaa... the thrill of the WvW game is that rush to get to the other side of the map "just in time"! to save the tower or keep... or NOT. For me that makes it more fun. Keeps and Towers will always flip... otherwise we won't have anything to do. So it's the fun of the challenge to get there in time, then hopefully wipe the enemy. If we always had the ability to get there pretty much RIGHT NOW, then we might as well remove the walls and just fight in the field. Just my thoughts.. ;)

Sounds like the perfect WvW actually, no gates and no siege.

Small roaming groups could actually do something again, flip a tower before a 40 man zerg rocks up. Most efficient way of playing would be to split up into several 10 man groups around the map and so on... Pretty sure the main reason most people need 40 in a group at the moment is to supply enough siege to get past the Oil, Cannons, AC's and of course, fortified effin doors with damage reduction buffs.

All interesting points both for and against adding mounts to wvw. I’m of the same mindset that I want more “epic moments “ in wvw. I’m sure with some thought there would be a way to include mounts without breaking the game mode or gimping the feel of dramatically increased mobility.

@"Justine.6351" said:They could always reduce mount breakbars to nothing so the slightest cc would knock the player down hard.If by "knock the player down hard" you mean knock the player into downstate, you have my vote. Make mounts available but highly risky. When I CC someone on a glider, they usually die. The same should be true for mounts.

Archived