Rev hugely over nerfed time to admit.

JayAction.9056

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:Come back after the balance patch.

You mean when revs lose rune of surging?

From the start surging was just an option cause experienced rev's never had issues with fake casting elite skill's. Probably pro's will be use old solution's like strength, leadership, scrapper...or will figure out something new.

And since condi mirage is dead and only necro run's condi it's actually no better time to try to play power rev. After patch it will be even better. Unfortunately thief will still counter it.

Personally i think power rev is extremely UNDERRATED.

@"mindcircus.1506" said:Ventari could use something to make it shine.Renegade could use some upwards tuning.Otherwise it's doing ok.

I mean, that's kinda the problem. Its doing "ok". But can you name one scenario where you'd prefer having a Rev than anything else in Conquest right now?

I'm tempted to focus on it next season though just to see where it goes, Thief is getting frustrating.

Played around a few cheap skills which deal damage while evading effects along with an invuln healing skill. Created only as a means to market a pathetically anemic ex-pac launch. Built entirely on flavor and nostalgia-bait rather than on any sort of pre-established or new game mechanics. It was PvP meta at HoT launch due entirely to a skill one-shotting people; a few number shifts, and it fell into effective uselessness. It was PvE meta at HoT launch due entirely to an auto-pilot passive which made boons last 50% longer; once that was nerfed by nearly half, the entire class was replaced by a gear stat and rune set.

Revenant isn't a class; it's a forced meme. It would have been better utilized if it were cannibalized for its bits and then distributed to other classes as skill re-works or new abilities. Flavor-based design is why GW2 has flailed about without any focus for so long, and Revenant is the god of bloat; it's just not necessary whatsoever and would have been better off not existing at all.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:I refuse to pick up the class anymore until we get quickness back on IO or Equilibrium readded.

We dont need either of those things Lol sometimes the rev community is baffling, maybe because it is a difficult class. Both of those things are just used for damage. Please dont make the argument that rev doesnt have damage.

Revs problem has nothing to do with damage.

@Ragion.2831 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:I refuse to pick up the class anymore until we get quickness back on IO or Equilibrium readded.

We dont need either of those things Lol sometimes the rev community is baffling, maybe because it is a difficult class. Both of those things are just used for damage. Please dont make the argument that rev doesnt have damage.

Don't care? I still won't pick it up.

Bringing Equilibrium back would hardly be a damage boost over Incensed Response and would be more of a burst boost + gives us the option to not run shitty offhand sword for sword 4.

IO on the other hand would be a straight damage buff if they brought it back.

In PvP, yes I do argue revenant is lacking damage actually. You aren't sometimes because you actually have 25 might and Brutality quickness some of the time. Til that gets boon stripped and you're left to face the many weapon skill nerfs we have accrued over 2 years without might and quickness.

I'd be down to remove Incensed Response because it is a stupid trait (free 25 might wtf) if they unnerfed weapon skills, which removes some our reliance on boons for damage (we already rely on fury a LOT).

Kinda off topic, but i think this would open up for some intresting changes for rev.

What if all util and heals (core) were available regardless of invoked legend? Instead legends would give other benefits such as stats. For example shiro would gave +150 ap and ferocity, while jalis gets +150 toughness and vitality.

Ofc utilities would need some tweaking, but this change would atleast open up for some interesting play and builds.

What do you guys think? Im not a rev main, and havent played it too much, but i feel revs deserve this to be a diverse class.Making rev have set abilities on each legend just seem like a lazy design to keep balancing revs simple (although they've failed lol)

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Bringing Equilibrium back would hardly be a damage boost over Incensed Response and would be more of a burst boost + gives us the option to not run kitten offhand sword for sword 4.

In PvP, yes I do argue revenant is lacking damage actually. You aren't sometimes because you actually have 25 might and Brutality quickness some of the time. Til that gets boon stripped and you're left to face the many weapon skill nerfs we have accrued over 2 years without might and quickness.

I'd be down to remove Incensed Response because it is a stupid trait (free 25 might kitten) if they unnerfed weapon skills, which removes some our reliance on boons for damage (we already rely on fury a LOT).

Anyone who has played rev for more than 5 minutes knows that damage is not the problem. We may no longer have 10k surge of the mists but sword offhand does ok. If you want damage while running shield then that is a different thing entirely.

First of all shield is bad. ESL players ran it likely because of the heal since the damage was so much there was no need to use a low cooldown block. As people generally do, they copied and suddenly it became meta. And as usual with anything meta it took a long time for people to second guess what they were using so shield only started phasing out of meta a few months before sword offhand was redesigned.

So If you are using shield, dont. The problem isnt that you dont have damage while using it, the problem is rev doesnt work well outside of shiro glint. Also revenant doesnt have extremes like perma stealth and evade or one shot burst to deal with the bs that is going on. Its very difficult to do well with rev because of how complicated it is and how overblown everything is. Most would rather play something easier and more guaranteed like spell breaker, thief or mesmer.

Thats why some of the best revs i know switched a long time ago.

@Ragion.2831 said:

Bringing Equilibrium back would hardly be a damage boost over Incensed Response and would be more of a burst boost + gives us the option to not run kitten offhand sword for sword 4.

I'd be down to remove Incensed Response because it is a stupid trait (free 25 might kitten) if they unnerfed weapon skills, which removes some our reliance on boons for damage (we already rely on fury a LOT).

Anyone who has played rev for more than 5 minutes knows that damage is not the problem. We may no longer have 10k surge of the mists but sword offhand does ok. If you want damage while running shield then that is a different thing entirely.

First of all shield is bad. ESL players ran it likely because of the heal since the damage was so much there was no need to use a low cooldown block. As people generally do, they copied and suddenly it became meta. And as usual with anything meta it took a long time for people to second guess what they were using so shield only started phasing out of meta a few months before sword offhand was redesigned.

So If you are using shield, dont. The problem isnt that you dont have damage while using it, the problem is rev doesnt work well outside of shiro glint. Also revenant doesnt have extremes like perma stealth and evade or one shot burst to deal with the bs that is going on. Its very difficult to do well with rev because of how complicated it is and how overblown everything is. Most would rather play something easier and more guaranteed like spell breaker, thief or mesmer.

Thats why some of the best revs i know switched a long time ago.

If we look at it from a different perspective, no class invests as much of their build into damage as the glint shiro build so the damage isn't all that high yet survivability is surprisingly decent for a max damage build. What I mean by this is to go from standard pvp build to absolute max DPS power build, rev only needs to change 2 traits, rune and amulet, that is it. Every other class (going to neglect mesmer which is a build diversity anomaly where all 7 trait lines are pvp viable with multiple strong choices in most tiers and can run max DPS pretty safely) sacrifices a lot more of their potential damage for more defense like warrior defense line, thief acro line, ele water line, engineer alchemy, etc. Regardless I think the next patch will help rev a decent amount just from everything else getting nerfed pretty hard, it might even be average again.

@Arkantos.7460 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:Come back after the balance patch.

You mean when revs lose rune of surging?

omg, not every rev runs that rune .... but hey REV IS DOOMED ... gawd kitten ppl cry with every balance patch even rev gets buffed .... you dont get your onewinbutton

at this point rev is the only profession without instant win button

Archived