Suggestion: Make Permanent Merchant useable for everyone.

I got one of these from a black lion chest a while ago, and while I do like the convenience I kind of feel guilty using it around people and watching them run up to it and not being able to use it heh. Also even though it is personal use it still shows an icon on the map that can block things like gathering nodes on the minimap.

@videoboy.4162 said:If it isn't possible to make them usable by everyone, then maybe change the name so everyone knows that particular merchant isn't usable by them? It stinks to run up to the merchant and then have nothing happen. lol

I would think it can be changed because the one use merchant express is usable by other people.

@X T D.6458 said:

@videoboy.4162 said:If it isn't possible to make them usable by everyone, then maybe change the name so everyone knows that particular merchant isn't usable by them? It stinks to run up to the merchant and then have nothing happen. lol

I would think it can be changed because the one use merchant express is usable by other people.

It's only usable by SOME other people. It's really odd.

@videoboy.4162 said:

It's only usable by
SOME
other people. It's really odd.

Is it? I never noticed that.

All they would have to do is change it so that when the merchant spawns it has the name of "Private Merchant" Should end the confusion at that point.

While I am tempted to agree with the request, the concern I have is for this is the possible, albeit probably small, reduction in black lion keys as a result. I don't have a problem with them being usable only by the owner but agree that it's frustrating when you can't use someone else's.

Seems to be fair, even more when it comes for example on raids or any other group where you desperately need to buy or sell. I do also tho understand (or believe) that arenanet doesnt do this because it diminishes the use of the ones they sell.

Nevertheless, I dont believe there would be a strong inpact on their pocket because of this, if some one else believes it does in some way, I do encourage them to speak up about it to understand better both sides of the coin.

(Just in case, sorry for my English)

I also think it should be usable by everyone - I'd really like to share my merchant with players around me e.g. in "farm events". For a private merchant window, there are already other options in the game (ecto gambling items).

I think making the endless merch and TP usable by everyone would be the better option to keep some variety in what the different endless items do. It would also better match the functionality of the one-time use counter parts.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Zaklex.6308 said:Am I the only able to tell the difference between the Personal Permanent Merchant Express and the regular cheap Merchant Express that most other players can use?

Ok, so without interacting with the NPC - how
do
you tell the difference?

Since it's been a while...isn't their name in a slightly different color or maybe it's just me...but for some reason I don't usually have this problem.

Archived