Suggestion: PoF / Season 4 meta event gives daily chest offers mystic coin as choice

So far there are very few methods to obtain Mystic Coins outside of daily log-in reward.(Very rarely drop from high level fractals too, but the supply is still too minimal)Back then, before mystic coin turns into almost exclusive to Daily reward, the price of those are pretty reasonable (Around 25s)There're so many things in this game that requires big quantity of Mystic Coin, but the supply is locked out by daily log in and fractal.I think it should be like Amalgamated Gem that comes from HoT meta events, which keep HoT maps well and alive even until this date.

PoF maps, on the other hand, are so dead in comparison because there's no incentive doing those meta events anymore.Adding Mystic coin as daily reward for doing those meta events would not only address the mystic coin supply issue, it'd also gives new breath of life into those seemingly dead PoF maps. As for Season 4 maps, I'm just thinking it's only fair they include it, but the priority is to put those mystic coin reward into PoF metas.

@Voltekka.2375 said:If you finish wvw Diamond chest (1450 pips) you will be rewarded another 6 mystic coins (2 from completing gold chest and another 4 from completing Diamond) . That is repeatable every week

To be fair it does require a baseline of 24 hours of playing the mode per week. Outnumbered and higher WvW ranks will reduce that though.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:If you finish wvw Diamond chest (1450 pips) you will be rewarded another 6 mystic coins (2 from completing gold chest and another 4 from completing Diamond) . That is repeatable every week

To be fair it
does
require a baseline of 24 hours of playing the mode per week. Outnumbered and higher WvW ranks will reduce that though.

That is true. But I really hope that people will try out wvw, will eventually like it (i do!) so that that game mode can get the attention and the balance it deserves!

Also the AT spvp rewards for daily and monthly gives some mystic coins as well. Mostly I'd say if your in need, either do events that give them (like the ones suggested) or farm for gold and just buy them. No real need to increase output for them imo. Also they are a good source for new players to make some money from log in reward since pretty much everything they're used for is end gaming crafting.

Also you say PoF maps area dead, and even off peak NA I find lfg stuff and just people running around / tags all the time. Not sure I can agree with your fundamental reasoning of adding them as rewards would liven up those or any other maps. (This is not to say boosting rewards for certain events in PoF would be a bad thing, I'd be on board, just don't believe adding MC are the way to go about it.)

Mystic Coins are the "give me your money " tradecard from A-Net.for example. go to gw2efficiency.com enter Aurora. Look at the gold you need, scroll down, look at the gold you only need für the coins. it's nearly 50%. with Icy Runestone over 50%.if you do not play the game everyday for month or have 10 accouts. MC are always your problem.

@Jwake.7013 said:Also the AT spvp rewards for daily and monthly gives some mystic coins as well. Mostly I'd say if your in need, either do events that give them (like the ones suggested) or farm for gold and just buy them. No real need to increase output for them imo. Also they are a good source for new players to make some money from log in reward since pretty much everything they're used for is end gaming crafting.

Also you say PoF maps area dead, and even off peak NA I find lfg stuff and just people running around / tags all the time. Not sure I can agree with your fundamental reasoning of adding them as rewards would liven up those or any other maps. (This is not to say boosting rewards for certain events in PoF would be a bad thing, I'd be on board, just don't believe adding MC are the way to go about it.)

There're occasionally some bounty train in some maps, but that's about it.LS4 maps are more alive, but the vanilla PoF maps are pretty dead whenever I visit them.

Meta event are usually left blank cuz there's no incentive doing those.

And yes, increasing the output does affect the market as the whole, not only making it easier to farm, but generally make it cheaper so it's easier to afford too.It is not just about farming it, it's about price stabilization.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

To be fair it
does
require a baseline of 24 hours of playing the mode per week. Outnumbered and higher WvW ranks will reduce that though.

That is true. But I really hope that people will try out wvw, will eventually like it (i do!) so that that game mode can get the attention and the balance it deserves!

Map completion didn't do that for me. Farming Gifts of Battle doesn't do it for me either. The cool Warbringer skin still won't get me to play WvW for any considerable amount of time (nor does The Ascension have that effect on me for sPvP). Mystic coins also won't suddenly make me like WvW. It's just a necessary thing to do if you want certain shinies, nothing more. I could do with this game not having any sPvP/WvW at all. At its heart, Guild Wars is a PvE game anyway. It always was and always will be.

All that aside, I wouldn't mind a variety of ways to increase mystic coins. But consider that we get them from daily login rewards, Fractals, the Mystic Forge daily, the Ley Line Anomaly event, and that's just PvE. So I understand why people are against a bigger influx of mystic coins.

I would suggest this personally:

-get 1 mystic coin, 1 amalgamed gemstone and 1 gold for completing 3 main events that are junnundu, maw and sebelkeh court daily.

However I understand that the influx of new ways to get mystic coins would be problematic in the long run so the status quo isn’t really problematic.

I voted no. There are items hard to get (difficult in actions), long to get (patience required), and expensive to get (because they need time and effort so valuable in term of money). That's part of the game. It should not change. If everything is made easier, then what remains? It would be boring. This is of course my very personal opinion, not a statement.

I see it wrong maybe, but my impression is that there is a global tendency to want that everything goes fast. Unfortunately, this is not compatible with a game like GW2, where the "time" factor is an important contributor, almost at same level than the two other contributors: money and efforts.Certain items are meant to be earnt over time. If it is possible to buy them, they are very expensive because rare and hard to get. This is logic: The buyer is paying a high price to compensate for the fact that he spares the effort/time required. Such items are not meant to be reasonable, per definition of what they are. Well, that's how I see it. :3

@TexZero.7910 said:This is a bad idea, with a bad poll that is so blatantly biased that it's almost laughable....almost.

Mystic coins are what keeps items valuable and they do so by having a limited but sustained influx into the market.

Maybe they shouldn't THAT valuable in the first place and make every legendary price more reasonable.

Mystic Coin used to be 10~20s yknow.Since the demand of mystic coin is so high, I don't think it's fair to make them so limited in the way they obtained.It really should be cheaper.

@"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:I voted no. There are items hard to get (difficult in actions), long to get (patience required), and expensive to get (because they need time and effort so valuable in term of money). That's part of the game. It should not change. If everything is made easier, then what remains? It would be boring. This is of course my very personal opinion, not a statement.

I see it wrong maybe, but my impression is that there is a global tendency to want that everything goes fast. Unfortunately, this is not compatible with a game like GW2, where the "time" factor is an important contributor, almost at same level than the two other contributors: money and efforts.Certain items are meant to be earnt over time. If it is possible to buy them, they are very expensive because rare and hard to get. This is logic: The buyer is paying a high price to compensate for the fact that he spares the effort/time required. Such items are not meant to be reasonable, per definition of what they are. Well, that's how I see it. :3

Well, the problem being ALL legendaries/ most shiny particle effects use around 250~500 of Mystic Coins.Mystic Coin is single handedly the item that bloated the price of all the legendaries because Anet gated them with daily.Legendary cost ranges from 1000g~2000g, and among that 1000~2000g, Mystic Coin alone worth 600+g, which is insane.

@Aomine.5012 said:

@"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:I voted no. There are items hard to get (difficult in actions), long to get (patience required), and expensive to get (because they need time and effort so valuable in term of money). That's part of the game. It should not change. If everything is made easier, then what remains? It would be boring. This is of course my very personal opinion, not a statement.

Well, the problem being ALL legendaries/ most shiny particle effects use around 250~500 of Mystic Coins.Mystic Coin is single handedly the item that bloated the price of all the legendaries because Anet gated them with daily.Legendary cost ranges from 1000g~2000g, and among that 1000~2000g, Mystic Coin alone worth 600+g, which is insane.

To be fair they wanted to make legendaries a long term goal, so if you want to cut the price down you should have to pay a hefty fee. and the tier 1 legendaries cost above that, at least if you are buying them from the TP..

Archived