No downstate is fine. We also need No rezzing.

Notjes.7182

So i had a nice 1v4 fight in a camp today and I was survived by one player. No gain for me :sad:In zerg fights it happens too often, that unless the last guy is killed, the loosing party did not gain anything by killing half of the other zerg. The winning party will simply rez the dead after battle. Also roaming is very frustrating for the outnumbered groups. One guy needs to survive and the mission to diminish the enemys progression in a territory is lost.

My suggestion for a WVW EVENT:If you die, you can watch the fight as a corpse. No rezzing at all. You have to release and respawn at a WP of your choosing. Even combining it with no downstate could be fun. TY ANET!

@"Notjes.7182" said:So i had a nice 1v4 fight in a camp today and I was survived by one player. No gain for me :sad:In zerg fights it happens too often, that unless the last guy is killed, the loosing party did not gain anything by killing half of the other zerg. The winning party will simply rez the dead after battle. Also roaming is very frustrating for the outnumbered groups. One guy needs to survive and the mission to diminish the enemys progression in a territory is lost.

My suggestion for a WVW EVENT:If you die, you can watch the fight as a corpse. No rezzing at all. You have to release and respawn at a WP of your choosing. Even combining it with no downstate could be fun. TY ANET!

Yes, great idea, lets remove all the core mechanics of the game, next one is "no dodge weekend".

@Mikali.9651 said:

@ChartFish.1308 said:I'm sure once enough people get memeshot killed by rangers/thieves/mesmers they'll dream of the good old days of downstate again

already getting tired of it. I was tired of it before, but at least i could have a chance to get up if they didnt outright kill me.

dodge, blocks, mechanics, gear. Use it

Works if you can see them.

@Dante.1763 said:

@ChartFish.1308 said:I'm sure once enough people get memeshot killed by rangers/thieves/mesmers they'll dream of the good old days of downstate again

already getting tired of it. I was tired of it before, but at least i could have a chance to get up if they didnt outright kill me.

dodge, blocks, mechanics, gear. Use it

Works if you can see them.

This has been my experience with this event so far.

A lot of games you die go back to res point/spawn or get ressed by another player - the first game is of course an example of this. Having a down sate is spoiling you all, just as no 'fail' crafting does and you still moan about that too.I think it's refreshing, if someone dies they are gone and out of your hair and if you die you brush yourself down, learn from it and go out again.I don't think it should be a one off.

@Char.4209 said:

@"Felipe.1807" said:Yes, great idea, lets remove all the core mechanics of the game, next one is "no dodge weekend".Next will be "no Heal Skill week" and then "all doors and walls open week"

yeah lol lets just strip way all the core mechanics that made this game unique so we can all go back to "I swung a sword, I swung a sword again. Hey-hey! I swung it again, that's great!"

@Dami.5046 said:A lot of games you die go back to res point/spawn or get ressed by another player - the first game is of course an example of this. Having a down sate is spoiling you all, just as no 'fail' crafting does and you still moan about that too.I think it's refreshing, if someone dies they are gone and out of your hair and if you die you brush yourself down, learn from it and go out again.I don't think it should be a one off.

Nothing to do with being spoiled at all, is about having not only numerous traits/skills/runes made completely useless but also this change in the way the game is now, promote even more the most boring and skiless meta that we ever had on WvW.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Felipe.1807 said:Yes, great idea, lets remove all the core mechanics of the game, next one is "no dodge weekend".Next will be "no Heal Skill week" and then "all doors and walls open week"

yeah lol lets just strip way all the core mechanics that made this game unique so we can all go back to "I swung a sword, I swung a sword again. Hey-hey! I swung it again, that's great!"

@Dami.5046 said:A lot of games you die go back to res point/spawn or get ressed by another player - the first game is of course an example of this. Having a down sate is spoiling you all, just as no 'fail' crafting does and you still moan about that too.I think it's refreshing, if someone dies they are gone and out of your hair and if you die you brush yourself down, learn from it and go out again.I don't think it should be a one off.

Nothing to do with being spoiled at all, is about having not only numerous traits/skills/runes made completely useless but also this change in the way the game is now, promote even more the most boring and skiless meta that we ever had on WvW.

If you say so.

@derd.6413 said:that's an awful idea. it means that after every fight a zerg has to go back to spawn to pick up the defeated allies.

I think that's the idea, and it's worth entertaining. Create some actual cost to dying -- however small it might be in this case -- and it makes it that much harder for a server to win by force of numbers alone. In the op's example the larger group would still get to cap the objective -- that is, win -- but the survivor would then have to decide whether to continue roaming further into enemy territory alone or go back to spawn and the safety of numbers. Similarly, if a 40-person zerg meets a 20-person zerg and squishes them but loses five or ten players in the process, they actually have to think about whether to proceed as a smaller group or just continue to blob everything until a larger group shows up. Any change that would encourage players to actually think and make decisions seems like a potentially positive move to me . . .

A potential downside is that it might make players even more reluctant to leave the safety of structures and venture out into the world, which would not be desirable. . .

Let's have a 'no stealth' week, but lock anyone who ran a stealth class in the current week so they can only use that class in wvw during the no stealth week. Should be fun then to watch the salty tears of all those exploiting a broken mechanic having the tables turned.

No downstate just suits burst stealth builds and parties of stealth gankers- who you can't see coming and can't defend against on certain classes.

Other games have no downstate but they do have something else- trinity. Healers. Rez skills.

Want downstate permanently removed- then bring in proper ranged rez skills and make stealth slow you down so it's 'stealthy', and give all players 50% automatic chance of reflecting first attack that attempts to hit them from stealth to even up the risk/reward.

No down state and no proper res skills makes gameplay tedious after a while- because groups of 5 stealthed inst gibs will become the norm near your spawn points and try as you might, it's almost impossible to kill them if they don't screw up- but they will wipe several of your players and most of the inexperienced ones. Who then tire of the mode and are lost to wvw.

@Notjes.7182 said:So i had a nice 1v4 fight in a camp today and I was survived by one player. No gain for me :sad:In zerg fights it happens too often, that unless the last guy is killed, the loosing party did not gain anything by killing half of the other zerg. The winning party will simply rez the dead after battle. Also roaming is very frustrating for the outnumbered groups. One guy needs to survive and the mission to diminish the enemys progression in a territory is lost.

Was thinking along the same lines. Wouldn't mind seeing a test where there is a downstate but if you are dead your only option is respawning. That way players have to prioritize get the downed up else they are out of the fight till they run back. A guildy had an interesting variant as well where if you were spiked you were forced to respawn but in other cases you could still be rezzed.

Archived