If you grind meta events, you are a minority

Metavahn.7293

And Anet knows those Meta maps were overbearing to new players, so they ditched them and added maps that have a ton of achievments and interesting explorable area's, the fact is most players are going to enjoy these maps much more than HoT which was a hard to navigate grindfest that felt like you were just their to run through a treadmill instead of enjoy your time there

When people are done with PoF they will go back to their usuall routine of dailies and WvW for free exotics then log off, meta events are highly overrated in the large scale

As a returning player who bought HoT last week, and now playing PoF, i highly enjoy the later

Meta- events on HoT maps are atm the only reason people play those maps and meta maps are always full. HoT also had a ton of achievements and soon enough people got em so the meta events are all that's left for replayability. No1 is really grinding meta events unless they are farming some kind of leg weapon/armor but people still did the at least daily which is by all means not a grind. A lot of people are concerned, myself included as to the replayability of the PoF maps as in 1-2 months time all achievements will be completed. People are already flying around with the griffon which is the most tedious achievement/collection to do, imagine how fast we will get them all. What comes next? No1 will bother with small events, they're too boring after the first time, bounty farm? That's as boring as fractal 40 farm. Achievements? I already have 50% of them without even trying.

So even if it is not in the form of big meta evens there needs to be that something that keep people in the map after all is done. We will ofc have new raid wing in a month or so but that will not cover the big portion of the non-raiding playerbase.

Who grinds metas? What?A month from now I'll probably do Octovine and a Chak Gerent. They're fun, quick, reward good loot, have achievements and gold potential.A month from now theres a possibility I'll never go back to the desert zones. Despite how great they are aestetically and the dynamic events and how well they're designed and how much fun I'm having right now.. why? Bounties?That's the problem and the discussion people are having. The content is great and fine right now but it's okay to be worried about the future.

they sure are crying their heads off about no meta events at all in the new pack :3 . wonder how long it take them to remember they did not shut down the hot maps yet . and go back their and enjoy them selfs and them maps . and let us enjoy the new pack maps with out them meta events that we do not need and if any thing at all . they can do the bounty rewards when its turned back on if they like. that should give them their little meta event and see how long it lasts them :p

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:they sure are crying their heads off about no meta events at all in the new pack :3 . wonder how long it take them to remember they did not shut down the hot maps yet . and go back their and enjoy them selfs and them maps . and let us enjoy the new pack maps with out them meta events that we do not need and if any thing at all . they can do the bounty rewards when its turned back on if they like. that should give them their little meta event and see how long it lasts them :p

U do realize that TD, AB, DS have always 2 full maps during metas? That's the definition of a successful map and its been like that for 2 years, Regardless of if u like big meta events or not, HoT maps have been succesfull for a very long time.

What are u gonna do after u finish PoF achievements? Roleplay as a Choya? If people dont have anything to do in PoF they will go back to HoT metas, leaving PoF as a "desert". It already started, a lot of people finished story and achievements and when u need people to do some events most have already done them and moved on. I for one dont see myself coming back after finishing the griffon mount. Why? Cause so far there isn't a reason to.

PoF maps are amazing, the enemies are amazing, the navigation with the mounts and everything but that is short term and that is a really big problem.

Btw no1 really compares bounties with meta events...i dont know how u even came up with that rubbish......

Yeah, man. It's definitely not like there are multiple full instances for metas during prime hours, and it's not like squads fill up really fast. It's also not like really rare and expensive items have the potential to drop, or that you can get a 1-2g item for just being in the map for a meta. (Amalgamated gem stones, heeyyyy.) Hardly anyone does these events anymore, especially that huge meta map - Dragon Stand!

I am neutral and welcoming of the fact we have both kinds of content now - meta-heavy maps (HoT) and explorable oldschool style maps (PoF). That's not to dismiss PoF maps don't have meta events, apparently there's at least 3 according to the reddit post and bear in mind, it's only been a couple days into the expansion.

I still have yet to complete the PoF story but so far I've enjoyed the break from the grindfest that was HoT. It's such a nice feeling being rewarded with parts of the new elonian skin sets, as an example, instead of it being locked behind grindy/time-gated collections.

I'm sure as the LS progresses perhaps they'll make amendments or additions to the PoF maps - we will see.

Just the idea that you think the bulk of the population will go back to WvW shows how out of touch you are with the playerbase of the game. The game has always had more PvE players who barely touched WvW at all than it ever did WvW players. There are more players interested in meta events than you think.

In the old days it was Temples in Orr. Then there was the Silverwastes, which was essentially a giant meta and is still run regularly to this day. Finally HoT, where metas are done around the clock.

Don't under-estimate the number of people that enjoy something you don't.

@Zephyra.4709 said:I'm sure as the LS progresses perhaps they'll make amendments or additions to the PoF maps - we will see.

Well Living World Season 3 surely didn't change the HoT maps but instead they pushed out a new map every 3 months. Considering that the continent of Elona is large and there's still a lot of space for new maps (everything of Kourna and around Kamadan is still missing), they will likely continue that pattern of Season 3 by releasing new zones. In addition to that, the expansion team is separated from the Living World team - so there might even be internal reasons.

I get the argument against, but the truth is, Meta Events are proper endgame content. A map with a handful of unimportant dynamic events is not endgame content. Playing through the story over and over on different characters is not endgame content. HoT is endgame content. Silverwastes is endgame content. As fun as they are, racing around the maps on mounts is not endgame content. Individual tough mobs with semiunique mechanics is really not endgame content either. Working together with a maps worth of content simultaneously to beat a final event is quality endgame.

I'm one of the people who overwhelmingly prefers random exploring to map metas and even I am surprised there don't seem to be ANY in this expansion so far. Deemphasizing them was a good idea, but throwing a few in to make that kind of player happy wouldn't have hurt anyone. The biggest issue with HoT maps wasn't that there were map metas, it was that you lost out on all the good rewards by not slavishly following them.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:Don't under-estimate the number of people that enjoy something you don't.

This can't be said too often.

Agreed.As for the OP, you just gave your personal opinion, don't try to pass it for a fact.And on personal note, I miss Meta events and DYNAMIC feel of the old maps. As beautiful the PoF maps are, I find them boring, because static events to me are just meh. Not everyone enjoys boring WvW zerg farming or the dailies.

Archived