Iron/other ores farming

I need to craft some Ascended weapons and I got a problem - I need iron. A lot of iron (and platinum).I don't want and can't spend money so I decided to farm it. And I find out the mining sooo boring that I wanted to leave the game and never come back for the first time.Is there any others stable ways to farm ores? Cause I didn't find it in wiki.

P.S. Hi (sorry for my bad English)

You may find this on GW2 Efficiency helpful. It you shows you were to find the rich nodes by type of material and the closest waypoint. Also you'll normally run across some regular nodes along the way as well.

https://gw2efficiency.com/gathering/permanent-nodes

If you don't have one already and have an extra slot you can make a solo guild and then paste the code for the waypoint into the guild chat then click the code in the chat channel and it will open up the map with the waypoint. I suggest this way so you are not posting a bunch of waypoint codes in map chat or say. Once you get used to it, you can farm all the rich nodes rather quickly and then move on to other things.

Other than that there is always the option to buy the iron ore off the trading post with the gold you earn from other in game activities.

Edit: I also forgot, there is a really helpful thread in this very sub forum where players can make a one time request for items they want or need, "I'd really like this.." A lot of people have received help with crafting mats there among other things.

I absolutely love node farming, it is likely 75% of my playtime. There is a lot to consider when deciding the best way (for you). How many characters, mat value movement skills, finite/infinite tools, glyphs, profession and available maps.

Set a route and somewhat stick to it. It can be quicker to run several characters through a set path than 1 aimlessly across a map. Sometimes a node is too far out of the way and not convenient to get to.

Know what mats are valuable. Reguardless if you need carrots or not, they sell well so hit taproot (if in your path). Silver, waste of time (unless you have a leather or tailor glyph)

Make sure to outharvest the cost of each waypoint.

Refine/sell. If I am trying to gain gold and ascended mats I try to keep an even inventory and sell to do so. Ore always gets refined (20 iron, 10 steel, 20 darksteel) and I shoot for 50 mithril each day. Priority is daily ecto refinement. Because of my run I always have excess Darksteel (platinum ore) so I sell it down to match iron/steel and use that gold for other needed mats (like mithril/elder for ecto or blood/bone)

I often endulge in killing a mob of bats or other monsters that drop valuable mats like blood. It helps break it up a bit. I also tag events quickly.

Hit valuable farms even if you don't need those mats. Flax, onions, carrots......

How much time do you have each day. If I am pressed for time I will make sure to hit a few key spots. If I have more time I spend more time on each map.

Here are a few key places I hit.

Jaka Itzel Waypoint — [&BOAHAAA=] Jump off the north/east side and waaaaaaaaaaay down there is like 7 flax nodes that sell well. At he waypoint there is also often an event to tag for a few crowbars (If you got the airship in your home).

Gallowfields Waypoint — [&BGMAAAA=] This is good for around 25-35 iron ore with a set rich iron.

Overlord's Waypoint — [&BAQAAAA=] There is either a rich silver or iron node in the middle of the camp. I usually come here if I have run all of Brisban for soft wood and iron. There is a portal at the n/e of Brisban to come here.

Pagga's Waypoint — [&BKYCAAA=] lots of elder and mithril west of the wp. If you run up the east side of the map to the n/e corner there is an island with a rich mithril (w/o skimmer get up on the back). On the way are omnom, orrian truffle, elder and mithril.

Thistlereed Waypoint — [&BFECAAA=] west of Thistlereed Grove — [&BEACAAA=] is a rich platinum close by are seasoned wood and taproots

Breaktooth's Waypoint — [&BBoCAAA=] There is between 1-3 rich platinum nodes near here 1 for sure. With mounts its easy but on foot just run the mini dungeon Rebel's Seclusion.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rebel%27s_Seclusion

You will get drops, score towards event achevement, emperial, dust.... If you have a mount or can kill fast its easy mats.

Gladefall Waypoint — [&BO4BAAA=] North of the waypoint there is a vista with a rich platinum. if you dont have a mount there is a hill wast of the waypoint that takes you around the back way to the vista. I often run south hitting platinum, hard wood, berries and taproots to Hellion Waypoint — [&BOYBAAA=] and go to Blazeridge Steppes

Blazeridge Steppes-- For a full run I start here Kindling Waypoint — [&BAMCAAA=]travel down the west road to the south border of the map across the bottom then up the east. I do this mostly for seasoned wood but will hit iron and taproots along the way. There is a rich iron (sometimes gold) waaay back behind the waterfall (through a cave) east of Griffonclaw Peak — [&BPQBAAA=] that is the exit of a jumping puzzle north/east of that poi.

With mounts I can make the run in about 30min (if focused) and it sells for about 3-5gold or mats for spiritwood and deldrimore. With a taylor/leather glyph you also get the mats needed for damsk and elon leather at 1/3 the rate of main node type.

If anyone offers a full/almost full home instance take the chance. You get a bit of everything.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/221442210581708810/443174039092068353/unknown.png

@GreyB.5731 said:I need to craft some Ascended weapons and I got a problem - I need iron. A lot of iron (and platinum).I don't want and can't spend money so I decided to farm it. And I find out the mining sooo boring that I wanted to leave the game and never come back for the first time.Is there any others stable ways to farm ores? Cause I didn't find it in wiki.

Couldn't you create a mid-level alt and let them open equipment bags to get items that can be salvaged for iron? You could just sell any excess iron to buy platinum.

@perilisk.1874 said:

Couldn't you create a mid-level alt and let them open equipment bags to get items that can be salvaged for iron? You could just sell any excess iron to buy platinum.

Actually this is probably the easiest solution. I was always against bag-opener alts, until I made one myself and now he's drowning me in platinum and hard wood. I have yet to make any money off of it like other people do, but that's only because I keep using all the mats myself.

@perilisk.1874 said:

@GreyB.5731 said:I need to craft some Ascended weapons and I got a problem - I need iron. A lot of iron (and platinum).I don't want and can't spend money so I decided to farm it. And I find out the mining sooo boring that I wanted to leave the game and never come back for the first time.Is there any others stable ways to farm ores? Cause I didn't find it in wiki.

I just recently started doing this. I have a LV 53 alt who sits in LA all the time, and he got to LV 53 by leveling both WS And AS to 500 each, so he hasn't got time for personal story or heart completion, he needs to be at the Traders forum, hammering away at stuff.

I started sending him the bags I'd accumulate from running AB and Silverwastes Meta, and while some of the containers still award LV 80 gear, most give 52-53, and I'm getting a mix of iron, platinum, linen and rugged leather. According to GW2efficiency, doing that for the past 2 days alone has saved me about 5g in material costs for crafting my next ascended armor piece.

Your absolute best plan for iron is to have a few alts and park them at the north end of Brisban Wildlands. There is a rich node there and and 3-5 regular nodes within short distance. Do one alt, swap... even with 5 alts this goes really fast. There are a few other easily accessible static rich Iron nodes as well (Diessa Plateau, Fields of Ruin, Snowden Drifts, Kessex ect) that if you cycle them one after the other on multiple toons you can get most of what you need with very little effort.

Other than that, the packets you get for unbound magic and the shipments for volatile magic you get on the LS maps is also very heavily weighted towards iron.Cowrie League trade caches on the PoF maps generate decent amounts.That fails? having a level 50 bag opener toon to open your Silverwastes bags also generates decent amounts of iron after breaking down the loot.

As always, varying the options above will allow you to generate the materials you need without making you want to poke your eyes out with a stick.

@artemis.6781 said:Also, if you have one, throw in the prospector glyph into your mining pick. You can't get extra strikes on rich nodes, but you can gather the extra materials using the prospector for metals.

A glyph of the tailor is better in that case since the cloth you get is at least as valuable as the iron and it works on everything.

Archived