In your opnion, whats the best class/elite especialization, taking into account PVE/PVP/WvW/RAID...

LinkPower.5109

I don't think there is any contest here. Mesmer is meta on all parts of the game, undisputed champion of support in PVE, excellent DPS in PVE, top tier in PVP, amazing roamer, really good in Open World, amazing in story instances, has been the meta in jumping puzzles forever. Is there anything that a Mesmer can't do? Back before Path of Fire was released one of the regular complaints for Mesmer is how slow they were in general PVE/exploration (lack of speed boost/swiftness), mounts made the only drawback of the Mesmer obsolete.

Mesmer Wars 2 is real.

Mesmer. Most overbroken, overcheated, neednoskill , legit cheat engine class i've ever seen in any mmo since year 2000. So ridiculously OP that everytime i meet one, i imagine both ppls responsible of it and the player with a red nose, and a clowny vestment. Imho, it's a test class that should have been deleted pre-release. Useless, except for the adept of ultra-easy mode for the dummies.

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:Yup but hating mesmers won't make other classes better at their jobs.Imo mesmer is at a state that all professions should be in.Have decent builds in any gamemode but don't be the best at every job.

This, all classes should be this good. But they like their Nerf hammer too much. So only Mesmer can be good at them all. :-(

@Coolguy.8702 said:Not even surprised so many people voted for mesmer, yall forgot that revenant and warrior are meta in all 3 modes as well? Its like people have nothing better to do these days than hate on mesmer

True, but that's only because of sb on pvp/wvw. War's berserker spec is rarely, if ever, taken in those modes. Mesmer on the other hand is meta in any game mode no matter what espec it takes.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Coolguy.8702 said:Not even surprised so many people voted for mesmer, yall forgot that revenant and warrior are meta in all 3 modes as well? Its like people have nothing better to do these days than hate on mesmer

Nowhere near the same power bro. And you personally have voted for ele? That's hilarious.

Warrior has more power than mesmer in both pvp and wvw. In pve they’re just as mandatory too. Rev might not have as much utility, but its still highest large hitbox dps.And yes i voted for ele, you dont like it? Deal with it

@Sephylon.4938 said:

True, but that's only because of sb on pvp/wvw. War's berserker spec is rarely, if ever, taken in those modes. Mesmer on the other hand is meta in any game mode no matter what espec it takes.

Not really mirage is useless in zerg fights and chrono is completely inferior to mirage for pvp. Yea mesmer has 2 good builds for pve but guess which other class does, ranger.

@Sephylon.4938 said:

The thing is that mesmer's elite specs are designed as a great addition to an already very strong core class.Mesmer as a base profession already is able to exceed other elite specialized professions. In the last weeks I just for fun played base mesmer in PvE (fractals) and PvP(yes, casual but still!) and I was able to dominate in PvP and have more dps than other players.This is imo the main reason why mesmer elite specs are as strong as they are right now. While other professions have a hard trade off on their specs (like scurge sacreficing shroud) mesmer just gets additional mechanics (mirage cloak and csplit).

Mesmer is in an extremely good spot meta wise. Now other professions need to catch up. And I as mesmer main really think that mesmer needs some specific nerfs (especially the chaos boonshare)!

Warrior because I think it transitions most easily between all the game modes.

Mesmer may be OP now, but it hasn't been traditionally and is almost certainly just a FOTM and will inevitably be nerfed. Warrior has, throughout the game's history, had a consistently strong presence in all parts of the game.

Archived